• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition

FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES™ Remastered Edition is an enchanting action RPG that follows a young group, known as the Crystal Caravanners, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh, a precious and rare liquid needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal protecting their world from...
You get a theme out of it and it's 30 bucks
But like is the game actually coming out?
Amazon doesn't have it, actually no other store has it AT ALL.

what is going on with that game?

e: PS4 theme for preordering

e2 :
90-E98-DAE-133-E-4-E5-F-AD12-F010-DBDC5-C39.jpg

Weapon packs, accessories and gil packs. With eye on the new dungeons the gil packs especially have me worried.

Last edited:

Greaf

Feb 26, 2018

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition

FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES™ Remastered Edition is an enchanting action RPG that follows a young group, known as the Crystal Caravanners, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh, a precious and rare liquid needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal protecting their world from...
You get a theme out of it and it's 30 bucks
But like is the game actually coming out?
Amazon doesn't have it, actually no other store has it AT ALL.

what is going on with that game?
Probably digital only

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Have they announced that it was digital only anywhere?
I didn't think I could miss that piece of news regarding this game, my most anticipated of the year and I miss that!
It's impossible to find on the eshop as well.

Game is digital only in the west
Oct 28, 2017
Have they announced that it was digital only anywhere?
I didn't think I could miss that piece of news regarding this game, my most anticipated of the year and I miss that!
It's impossible to find on the eshop as well.
www.destructoid.com

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition releases digitally on August 27

I want a shot at redemption After working through delays, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is planning an August...

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
As others have mentioned its digital only in the West, but still shocking there is hardly any information for it on the Switch...

Hoping for preorders/load soon...

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Thanks for the link/info.
Now do we wait for a physical version or just buy it outright?
Sooooo frustrating how they're not even giving any damn info

You could import a Japanese copy and it will more than likely play in English since it is a world wide release.

It was the same way for the chocobo mystery dungeon game on Switch.

If they haven't announced a English physical copy by now I doubt they will release one at all.

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You could import a Japanese copy and it will more than likely play in English since it is a world wide release.
On Switch, it's very likely that it's the very same copy since everything is released at the same time...
Unlike Collection of Mana.
We don't have a precedent for what's happening here I guess.
Still at least it should be 30$ over the usual 40/50 pricetag :/

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Gonna need to see some PS4/Switch comparisons. I never played the original and would love to get into this.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I want to grab this on the Switch, but I really want the PS4 theme, ESPECIALLY if it has music. I hope they sell it separately at some point or something.

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I'll go Switch since the PS4 is just a RGG/Yakuza machine at this point. Would've preferred a Steam release but I guess it's for the best since my 2060 Super died out of the blue last week.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Please keep in mind even if the Japanese import is in English, you would only be able to play with Japanese player

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
From official website

*In online multiplayer mode, a player will only be matched with others in the region specific to player's software.
Yeah but that mean that if your account is 1 region you're locked to that region? or are they using geoloc in some way?

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
From official website

*In online multiplayer mode, a player will only be matched with others in the region specific to player's software.
That's very confusing. I would have presumed it would check the system region, not the game region, which obviously would not matter with a physical copy.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how online will work, I guess we have to wait for importers to try out.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I was gonna pass, but the low price, plus other players being able to play with me using just the lite version is nice. They say you can play 13 dungeons with one paid player and the rest lite... Is that the full game or are there more than 13?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Pretty disappointing

I was ready to preload 2 copies on Switch but it's not up in the Eshop for whatever reason

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
That's very confusing. I would have presumed it would check the system region, not the game region, which obviously would not matter with a physical copy.
Oh for fuck's sake, So that means if I buy in the PAL shop, I'm locked to EU?
Is there a way to get someone from EU to play with someone from the US?
Like you buy the game in the EU shop or US shop?
WTF is going on?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
From official website

Im really glad I read this, Jesus Christ what sort of decision making process lead to this game's marketing and features selection? It feels all over the place and I'm kinda wondering if the online will be playable. It's barely over a week out and I haven't seen any previews or anything. It's like they want to stealth drop this game on Switch at least. I'm betting the physical version doesn't come with anything extra either.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Welp. Not buying till it's in people's hands and I know exactly how the online region play works. If you're really locked to only playing with people from the region of the game you bought, then that's super dumb.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
So since local multiplayer is cut from this version, I assume the unique "connectivity" features like special maps are gone?

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
So since local multiplayer is cut from this version, I assume the unique "connectivity" features like special maps are gone?
From what we know, everyone has the maps with all the infos on them.
So yep they're gone.
Why the fuck is this online only is anyone's guess.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to play local multiplayer in a game that is only memorable for its local multiplayer... o wait

Lyude77

Dec 19, 2017
Weird that this isn't being promoted on Switch more. It isn't like it should be a poor quality port or something

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Could be the same reason Trials of Mana is single player only
I mean Trials is single player only because the gameplay absolutely cannot support local multiplayer.
The game is cheap enough that I don't see them adding online just like that.
The fact that Trials has camera controls means that if you do local multiplayer, player 2-3 end up being Tails in Classic Sonic.
That's gonna be a horrible experience.
In this version you can't even share the town visiting experience that was definitely a huge part of the original and the gameplay loop of the original is already muddled by not being made with direct communication between players in mind.
I don't think there's voice chat in the game so good luck organising like it's 2003.

And the endgame loot is gonna be epic to get if they changed nothing on that part.
Original FFXII was easier to get the ultimate weapons.
I don't think there's a FF game with a more obtuse way of getting endgame loot than this one does in single player.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Look it up on Japanese Nintendo website and see if it shows English as a language option. If it does it will have English on the Japanese physical copy. (Also pretty much all of the SE releases have had English)

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I mean Trials is single player only because the gameplay absolutely cannot support local multiplayer.
The game is cheap enough that I don't see them adding online just like that.
The fact that Trials has camera controls means that if you do local multiplayer, player 2-3 end up being Tails in Classic Sonic.
That's gonna be a horrible experience.
In this version you can't even share the town visiting experience that was definitely a huge part of the original and the gameplay loop of the original is already muddled by not being made with direct communication between players in mind.
I don't think there's voice chat in the game so good luck organising like it's 2003.

oof I didn't even considered losing the annual town visiting. If that's gone this might end up feeling a bit soulless.

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
oof I didn't even considered losing the annual town visiting. If that's gone this might end up feeling a bit soulless.
Oh it can be experienced solo, lord knows that's how I spent most of my time with it.
Just prepare 3 character slots if you ever think of sniffing at endgame loot and prepare planning how to keep the 3 of them families and characters abreast.
If you don't, you're gonna suffer through lvl 3 dungeons with starter characters.....and you're gonna suffer that's the only guarantee.