• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
You incorporate him in the MCU either by having him explicitly jump universes or by slotting him in and pretending he was always there, maybe with him making reference to it (people already joke that the ship in Deadpool 1 was a downed Helicarrier from Winter Soldier anyway).

You make him PG-13 by explicitly and cartoonishly censoring him and allowing him as the 4th-wall breaker to react and comment on it. Like literally throw a giant black censor bar on him and have him pick it up and throw it at someone's head. It's silly as fuck but it'd be a way to retranslate the hyperviolent absurdity already present.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
What would be funny is him having some kind of appearance in some PG-13 MCU movie where's he toned down but then in a solo movie, there's a flash back to a scene he was in from that PG-13 movie and it's exactly the same with the only difference being that Deadpool says "fuck" every other word.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
He'd just be a cameo appearance for some one off jokes here and there. Like the Stan Lee appearances

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did deadpool have any references to the Fox X-Men series besides the references to Origins Deadpool?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryan Reynolds becomes an executive producer or something.
Then recast, start from zero.

Probably we won't be seeing another Deadpool movie until well after introducing the X-Men, so a decade or more.

Or... Alternate earth shenanigans, which would be so lame (And only Deadpool would be passed over, the other characters - Domino, Colossus, whatever - are too valuable to be stuck with an old set of actors)

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He is naturally the most simple and easy character to integrate. At the start of his movie, he makes a joke to the camera about it, and that's it, done.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
R-rated and similar cape comics are lame

Said comics are always killing characters in effed up ways

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
I figured they would give him some of Gwenpool's origins but instead of comics ends up in the MCU and don't really explain how. It'll be more fun that way.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do something like this (except more concise since it's a movie)

*for context, She-Hulk was a lot like Deadpool at one time - aware she was in a comic, talking to the creative team, etc. At that time she was written/drawn by John Byrne. This page is from a cameo appearance of hers in the regular Hulk book (by Peter David).

Why+shehulk+doesnt+break+the+4th+wall+anymore_0bd833_7324864.jpg

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Deadpool will probably be the only character aware of the change and when he will try to explain it to others character, they will all look at each other and be like "What is he talking about?" and "This guy is crazy".

Nexxious

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Cable sadly needs his with something he wont fully tell him about at the start, Deadpool jacks it up in regular fashion, and they both end up in the MCU between some current MCU bad guy plot and stop it forever stuck.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Will they acknowledge his first 2 movies or will they do a broad strokes approach? (I doubt they'll keep the same Colossus).

IMPLEMENTING Deadpool himself is really easy. He'll probably just go "oh right, we're in the MCU now!" And that'll be it.

But what should they do with his previous two movies?

The movie will open with a clip of how Deadpool was always there in the first place, inserting himself into every major MCU scene, but not really doing anything of use or even taking sides.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
He will explain the acquisition of FOX by Disney while wearing Mickey Mouse ears. Then the movie starts.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Has Disney said anything about Daredevil or Punisher since they cancelled their shows?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
The movie will open with a clip of how Deadpool was always there in the first place, inserting himself into every major MCU scene, but not really doing anything of use or even taking sides.

I really want to see the Endgame portal scene where Cap hears Deadpool saying "On your left" in his earpiece and we see Deadpool come out of a portal.

Oct 28, 2017
It's easy — you just don't integrate it. Deadpool will never cameo in another movie because it could lead to confusion. Disney won't create a situation where Mom buys her kid who loves the MCU a Deadpool DVD.

You could still have MCU cameos in Deadpool. Just not the other way around. That's the only way this works.

Has Disney said anything about Daredevil or Punisher since they cancelled their shows?

They're definitely gonna wait on those a long time. And I can't see Punisher happening at all.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I hope not. Bernthal was born for that role, and I liked Daredevil more than anything else they've put out.

I mean isn't Blade going to have to be more PG-13/R leaning?

Blade will be PG-13.

Punished just...doesn't have the right tone. It can't work in the MCU. Children watch that. And I'm not sure Disney's going to want to spinoff an adult universe when they're already full on Marvel for all.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really want to see the Endgame portal scene where Cap hears Deadpool saying "On your left" in his earpiece and we see Deadpool come out of a portal.

And only Deadpool and no one else😂
Maybe a universe where he saved everyone. Like that Buffy episode where Jonathan was the hero, if you have watched it before.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
He'd just be a cameo appearance for some one off jokes here and there. Like the Stan Lee appearances
That's what I'm hoping for. He can have his own movies that take place in the MCU but for appearances that aren't his actual solo films I hope it is just cameo appearances and one-off jokes. I don't particularly need to see Deadpool teaming up with Spider-Man or being called on to fight as an Avenger for a big final battle or anything. They could probably tell some fun stories involving those kinds of scenarios but I'd save them for an episode of a What If? series on Disney+ rather than trying to shoehorn him into big team-up films.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It would be kind of fire if he was just dropped into Wandavision for a surprise introductory role In an episode.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
deadpool is absolutely kid friendly and his annoyance at having to be kid friendly will be awesome.
I'm imagining them having a lot of fun putting PG13 Deadpool in movies happening between his potential PG18 solo flicks lol.

Man, I currently can't even visualize how a movie with idk DP and Cap would look like, all I want is that they don't take Ryan from me. He's so perfect ;_;

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Just have him either on an intergalactic prison ship or sitting on top of Avengers HQ drawing with crayons, and go to camera "Oh hello, Yeah I know right? Whose balls did I have to fondle to get into the MCU?"

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
I'm probably in the minority, but I dont want to see him in any MCU crossover films other than his own solo movies. He would take me straight out of the immersion of any story arcs or stakes. But if MCU actors show up in his movies that would be fine.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
honestly, why can't mcu make an R rated movie? It would attract the same audience as before, if not more.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
MCU characters appear in Deadpool movies. But Deadpool doesn't appear in MCU movies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
The two Deadpool movies made $1.5B combined they're not going to put it on ice for what could be the better part of a decade and recast.

Disney isn't that afraid of R-rated content.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
The two Deadpool movies made $1.5B combined they're not going to put it on ice for what could be the better part of a decade and recast.

Disney isn't that afraid of R-rated content.
This. Also, Reynolds is synonymous with the brand. They won't recast, especially since they could basically turn it into a majorly V.O.-heavy role down the line.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just have him drop into the MCU after he toyed too much with Cable's Temporal Dial from the end of DP2. He'll be all confused, the temporal dial damaged, and he wondered into NYC and saw Spidey's wanted poster and realized he's in MCU. Then he goes to Kevin Fiege and he'll just tell DP that he can't go back now

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
The real questions should be how exactly do you incorporate a character known for --

A) Repeatedly breaking the fourth wall and even acknowledging other actors and even rival (DC, Green Lantern) companies?

B) Nothing short of ultra violence in two previous R rated films when the current Disney brand is known for being broad, family entertainment. Will the Deadpool audience even come back for a PG-13 incarnation of the character that doesn't break the 4th wall?

A) There is no issue here. Deadpool breaks the fourth wall in the comics. MCU is not afraid of being comic-like. He'll just do it as always.

B) Anecdotal, but I don't really care for the ultraviolence in the Deadpool films. I'm there for jokes and the character. I don't think the violence is necessary. Again, some of the best Deadpool comics, when he was a character instead of a meme clown, weren't R rated.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i thought they were doing the DCEU thing where stuff "exists" but kind of doesn't. except people give a shit about the MCU so going to be some obvs conflicts there, but not with deadpool

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017

And only Deadpool and no one else😂
Maybe a universe where he saved everyone. Like that Buffy episode where Jonathan was the hero, if you have watched it before.

They could go the Squirrel Girl route and open the film with Deadpool standing over Thanos' corpse, proudly proclaiming that he single-handedly defeated the real Thanos (not a robot, clone or simulacrum!) and that it's 100% canon.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They could go the Squirrel Girl route and open the film with Deadpool standing over Thanos' corpse, proudly proclaiming that he single-handedly defeated the real Thanos (not a robot, clone or simulacrum!) and that it's 100% canon.
Ah yes. Imagine with they have Squirel Girl and Deadpool, both taking time to explain their own version of events😂

Honestly I really won't mind Deadpool being in a universe where the main heroes are present but useless by all accounts😂 Occasionally he crosses over and is constantly surprised by how competent the regular MCU heroes are.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just have him show up in an Avengers / Hero team movie without any mention before. Short confused looks between the established heroes. Short comment by DP how it sucks that they bleep him out here and then have him charge into the enemy so that the other heroes don't have any time to ask questions.

If there's any superhero that works with the most random introduction, it's Deadpool.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Just have him show up in an Avengers / Hero team movie without any mention before. Short confused looks between the established heroes. Short comment by DP how it sucks that they bleep him out here and then have him charge into the enemy so that the other heroes don't have any time to ask questions.

If there's any superhero that works with the most random introduction, it's Deadpool.

Just give him one F-bomb before Doctor Strange hexes his mouth and replies "Language!" 😜

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
What are the odds of Cable and Domino making it over to the mcu? Or the rest of the support cast? I liked them quite a bit in Deadpool 2.

Cable with his time machine could be the reason why they end up in a different universe. This could even become a bit of a meta joke where some of the mcu heroes become irritated hearing and seeing him, without being able to put their finger on it.(with Brolin having played both thanos and cable).

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well they are working on bringing Blade to the MCU. That has to be M rated, and the Netflix shows were also kinda canon MCU.