• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I just remembered this game from passing in a eletronic store and seeing him in deep discoubt.

It seemed like theres no hype and i for sure forgot this was a launch title.

Its 25 euros and it in front of me, buy or its a robbery?

Edit: when i asked the employee to confirm the price its actually 35.99.

Last edited:

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I actually kinda like it. It's not a perfect game, but the combat is fun and it's pretty. Well worth 25, in my opinion (granted, I got it for free). It can get a bit repetitive, but as you unlock more skills and get more weapons, the combat fleshes out pretty well. I use it as one of my "I only have a half an hour, so let's dive into a mission of something" games.

Last edited:

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
It's in the bargain bin already? LOL! That's something else.

Don't these launch games usually sell better given the limited competition? Yet it's already marked down from 80 (?) euro to 25. Yikes!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It felt like a waste of $70

the combat would have been more enjoyable if the FOV wasn't crap and wasn't constantly getting back stabbed.

I couldn't stomach more than 2 hours of it, wish it was refundable

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
A solid 5-6/10 from the 20 minutes I played at friend's house.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Play it if it's free and you've got absolutely nothing else on your backlog.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
This is why I'll never go all digital. Now I can't resell it...wasted my money honestly.

Played about two hours...did not like it at all. I had to tell my friends not to buy it.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just remembered this game from passing in a eletronic store and seeing him in deep discoubt.

It seemed like theres no hype and i for sure forgot this was a launch title.

Its 25 euros and it in front of me, buy or its a robbery?

the reviews were mediocre and it looked very generic. No doubt it didn't do well. Especially with other, better launch games being available

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays I bucket games into three categories

- gotta play day one. Extremely rare, just Demon Souls from the next gen launch lineup for me, Hitman 3 in Jan.
- looks interesting, will watch a few reviews, buy when its 50%+ off or if a lot of people I trust recommend it (Hades fell into this)
- i'll wait till its on gamepass/EGS/PS+

Godfall definitely feels like it fits into the gamepass bucket.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It must be not great because I have not thought about nor heard anything from it since it launched.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I imagine not many people would pick up Godfall and Demon Souls, and even less people would choose Godfall over Demons Souls

Demon's Souls looks like it's doing okay. Not great, but not bad. I think the $70 price tag in this economic climate, and the extreme lack of supply for people to be able to buy PS5 is definitely hurting early sales. Perhaps that changes after the holidays, we'll just have to see. But yeah, I think Godfall at this point is only going to sell as a $40 game.

Jan 2, 2018
Nowadays I bucket games into three categories

- gotta play day one. Extremely rare, just Demon Souls from the next gen launch lineup for me, Hitman 3 in Jan.
- looks interesting, will watch a few reviews, buy when its 50%+ off or if a lot of people I trust recommend it (Hades fell into this)
- i'll wait till its on gamepass/EGS/PS+

Godfall definitely feels like it fits into the gamepass bucket.
Fully agree with this system. I'm waiting for Godfall to either drop to sub $20 or go free via PS+

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually play it more if they would fix the god awful stuttering and crashes.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time with it, but it does collapse towards the end as the final act of content felt rushed.

Loved the combat and I think the game is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely want to go back to Platinum the game later on.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'd actually play it more if they would fix the god awful stuttering and crashes.
I haven't had a single crash in it, but yeah, the stuttering is very strange, because most of the time the game runs extremely well, even under hectic combat scenarios, but then other times you can just be walking and it will stutter.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Still can't believe people on ERA legitimately thought it would be some utterly amazing game when nothing they ever showed of it looked in any way decent

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up at 48 bucks and surprisingly it got all my attention during the first couple weeks of PS5. I beat the single player and then sold it. The combat has a lot of weight to it, and it reminded me a little of PSO, just without the social aspect. I would have kept it for the endgame if there was a central hub where you can mingle with other players, and then launch into one of the worlds you wanted to conquer again for more loot. The lack of matchmaking really makes zero sense.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wasn't for me, forgettable all around, I'm sure it's much more fun coop which I didn't try but I wouldn't pay more then $20. I dropped it after maybe 8 hours and even that 8 hours had me regretting the purchase.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Still can't believe people on ERA legitimately thought it would be some utterly amazing game when nothing they ever showed of it looked in any way decent
Same but for cyberpunk.

Dunno how people are giving it 8/9 out of 10 when it does most gameplay stuff averagely.

OP
OP

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Demon's Souls looks like it's doing okay. Not great, but not bad. I think the $70 price tag in this economic climate, and the extreme lack of supply for people to be able to buy PS5 is definitely hurting early sales. Perhaps that changes after the holidays, we'll just have to see. But yeah, I think Godfall at this point is only going to sell as a $40 game.
70 dollars in the U.S, 80!!! Euros in E.U( 98dollars!!!)

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
image0.jpg

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Lame as hell. I rented it for a few days this week. The combat is...fine? The graphics are nice, but the world is so blandly generic, the story is whatever, and THERE'S NO FUCKING MATCHMAKING.

I have no idea what they were thinking releasing a loot game with repetitive combat without letting me play with randos online. Criminal that they're asking for £70 for this on PS5 lmao.

Played about 2.5 hours and sent it back.

I fixed the stuttering by starting the game from scratch every time I wanted to play it rather than using resume.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm waiting to try it once it's 20 bucks. Maybe it'll hit Agents of Mayhem price.