• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How old are you?

• 20-24

• 25-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-49

• 50-54

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 31, 2019
I'm form 89 and my first console was the Sega Master System, which was manufactured in Brazil by that time. I didn't like it at first. I only started enjoying games with the SNES around 1994.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
I liked how both games had title screens. I seem to recall these being some of the earliest games on the console to have them (although Raiders of the Lost Ark's was more about the music). I also liked E.T. LOL The gameplay made sense to my young brain, so I was able to successfully beat it pretty consistently after a while. Raiders, though? I had no clue what I was supposed to do shortly after blowing a hole in the marketplace wall. It's crazy that I still remember some of this stuff.
Raiders was one of the most obtuse games I ever played. I remember at one point you had to fall and on your way down somehow maneuver Indy into some opening on the far left. I forget the details of what you get in there. May have been the Ark itself. Too many things in that game you were supposed to figure out based on...well, who knows what?

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales

First console i guess was a Grandstand, which played Space Invaders. It took 4 "D" batteries, or something like that. Guess in a way, first portable as well. First home console, NES.

Jarlaxle

Oct 30, 2017
40. We had an Atari 2600 which I did play but I consider the NES to really be my first console.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
42, first real console I played regularly was the NES, though I played an Atari 2600 at my grandparent's house that got little use.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm 39 and the Atari 2600 was my very first console. I'm not sure how old I was, maybe around 5 years old? I remember my cousin setting it up with me and playing Star Wars, ET, and Pong. Considering I was born in 82 and the console was released in 77 I think it was his and he passed it down to me. My mom later bought me an NES (which was released in 83). Might have gotten that around 6 or 7 years old.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm 30, and my first console was either a Mega Drive or a SNES, I don't remember the order cause I had both of them close to each other.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I'm actually surprised at 2 things:

• My age range (I'm 37) being one of the popular ones.
  • The 20-24 range being that low. Guess the concept of a gaming forum doesnt click with a generation where Facebook always existed, Tik Tok is the most used app and games were always in mobile devices. I still thought we had a younger crowd over here.

cephus

Oct 28, 2017
29, my first console was the SNES. My first time gaming is actually on an old videotape from '95 or '96, I was playing Super Empire Strikes Back. Couldn't get past the first level then, still can't now.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Raiders is much better than E.T. It definitely requires reading the manual, though, and even then it's confusing.
Raiders was one of the most obtuse games I ever played. I remember at one point you had to fall and on your way down somehow maneuver Indy into some opening on the far left. I forget the details of what you get in there. May have been the Ark itself. Too many things in that game you were supposed to figure out based on...well, who knows what?
I just read through a scanned version of the manual. Wow, no wonder I had no clue! I was only 7 or 8 at the time, and my reading comprehension was kinda garbage back then, even for that age. LOL Also forgot that it required you to use both controllers. I should try playing through it again at some point, just to see how I do.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
34. My first was a snes. The first I purchased for myself was a ps1 with various gift cards from game stop lol.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
Intellivision, it had been out a while by that time (I was born in '83, I believe it came out in '79), but I had played it when I was around 1-2 years old. I really loved Shark Shark. I had a Master System next, and we didn't get an NES until 1987 or so.

One of the main reasons we got a Genesis, is that is was backwards compatible with Master System games (with the power base converter).

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
Almost 35 (in 6 days), first console was an Atari clone, first modern console I played was my cousins Master System and years later I got a Mega Drive. Only "met" Nintendo with the Super Nintendo.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
32. We had an Amiga 500 but the first console I ever played was PS1 while visiting a family friend's house. We got our own for Christmas 1996.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
35, first console I had was an Atari 2600 which my family found while moving into our new house. The first console my parents actually bought for me though was the NES about a year later.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
43 - Atari VCS2600

went down the home computer route after that (Commodore Plus 4, C64 and Amiga 500) and played SNES and Megadrive at my best buddies house.

lakhesis

Oct 27, 2017
42, and the first console I played was the Atari. The first console I actually loved was the NES, and that's where I count this hobby starting for me.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
33, first console was a Genesis. I don't even remember when we first got one, it just seems to have appeared at the house one day.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
23 here and OG Xbox. I did have some sort of bootleg system but cant remember what it was called. It did look like a PS1 with NES games on it…

4KLobster

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Super old.

VCS2600 was the second game console (first was a pong and 9 other variations black and white console).

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
34, and NES was the first console i gamed on regularly. I had older siblings and it really belonged to them. Same with our SNES.

PSX was the first console that I personally had. I believe it was for my 9th birthday.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Damn ! we old

30 and a fake Sega Genesis

I think it was fake cause I remember playing Mario games on it