• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you support?

• Warren is my #1 choice and Sanders is my #2 choice.

Votes: 311 31.0%
  • Warren is my #1 choice but Sanders is not my #2 choice.

Votes: 107 10.7%
  • Sanders is my #1 choice and Warren is my #2 choice.

Votes: 523 52.1%
  • Sanders is my #1 choice but Warren is not my #2 choice.

Votes: 63 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know that not everyone in Era fits neatly into these polls choices, but I'm really just curious about Era members who have Sanders or Warren as their #1. I would imagine that most of Era fits into these choices. Please try to keep the discussion civil.

Oh, and assume that you can only choose among Dems still in the race.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand Warren being first and not having Sanders, it only because you might like traditional politicians more. Not sure I understand the reverse, unless you're a Tulsi lover I guess.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't find Warren to be at all inspirational, but her domestic policy is something I'd still be happy with (unfortunately, her foreign policy is as monstrous and inhumane as that of most candidates except for Sanders).

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ideally I would want Sanders as my number 1, but with his age and health issues Warren may be the better choice in the end. I still voted Sanders first, but Warren is literally right behind him.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sanders has better policies than Warren, but both of them are farther left than anyone else running. Biden would secure the Overton window's placement to the right in the US.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're the two most progressive and they're friends, so I bet Sanders would endorse Warren and Warren would endorse Sanders if one is the nominee. I have a slight preference for Sanders but I'd be very happy with both.

My number 1 choice was Beto though </3

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Feel like there should be a 5th option for people who have someone else as their first choice but I went with option 1.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with either. Whatever differences they have are negligible compared to the rest of the field.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Warren is my #1 pick, I don't like Sanders but will still be behind him if he's the eventual nominee.

I supported Bernie over Hillary in 2016 but his conduct really put me off supporting him in the primaries for this election cycle. There's too many other good candidates.

Oct 25, 2017
Slight preference for Warren due to better explained positions. Both have roughly the same policies, neither is more likely to succeed with them.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, since the beginning of this election I've been saying that either of them are my choice with Bernie being #1 if I have to choose, and then everyone else is ho-hum but I'll vote for any one of them in a heartbeat.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Aren't Sanders' plans more "radical"? (Progressive)
Only in some small instances honestly, I have yet to be convinced otherwise. Plus so much of both of their plans are gonna be determined by Congress. I lean further left than Sanders or Warren and Warren is my number 1 choice as I believe she would be much better at navigating Republican and Congressional obstructionism, building a competent cabinet/administration, successfully running for a 2nd term, I like how she explains and espouses the detail in everything that she does and will do and her rhetoric and everything else seem to suggest she could be better at having a broader voting bloc on election day.

Main knock against her that Bernie coasts past her in is Bernie is better with Israel/Palestine and probably other foreign affairs issues.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Warren is my number one, but Sanders is a close second.

Anyone else that's left is a distant third compromise.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Warren is my #1, Bernie is my #2. I wish he was ten years younger though. I will take any of them. Klobuchar, Biden, Pete, whatever. Shit, my parents, Republican voters since 1980, are telling me they would vote for Bernie Sanders.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This will be pretty predictable. They're far more alike than they are different, so respondents judging them on the merits will likely to have them as 1 and 2.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is my #1, Warren isn't even close when it comes to foreign policy, ending US imperialism, or medicare 4 all.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Only in some small instances honestly, I have yet to be convinced otherwise. Plus so much of both of their plans are gonna be determined by Congress. I lean further left than Sanders or Warren and Warren is my number 1 choice as I believe she would be much better at navigating Republican and Congressional obstructionism, building a competent cabinet/administration, successfully running for a 2nd term, I like how she explains and espouses the detail in everything that she does and will do and her rhetoric and everything else seem to suggest she could be better at having a broader voting bloc on election day.

Main knock against her that Bernie coasts past her in is Bernie is better with Israel/Palestine and probably other foreign affairs issues.
I see. I appreciate the response. I know more about Bernie's plans than Warren's mostly from him being in the spotlight longer and imo, more vocal.
Let's break out the leftness measuring stick....
*unrolls*

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Warren is my number one currently. And with Castro and Booker out of the conversation, I guess that puts Sanders as my backup?

I voted for Sanders in the 2016 primary.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Poll needs a "neither is my #1 or #2" option for completeness sake (not saying that's me!)

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Bernie has been my #1 choice since 2016. If I have to, I'll vote for Warren. Please don't make me vote for Biden. But I will if I have to.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren is my #2 despite the dirty politics feeling of the private meeting stuff going on. But this poll shows why Warren is desperate to take Sanders out quick. Sanders and Warren would be leading Biden by a huge margin, if one of them dropped out. They're both the real frontrunners, they're just splitting the votes.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): inflammatory support
Bernie first, Trump second. Warren can fuck right off.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Sanders and Warren are my #1 and #2 out of the leading candidates, but if either one gets the nom, I'd prefer them to pick a younger VP candidate of a similar ideological bent.

Morbid or not, I am not comfortable with the fact that all of our leading candidates for president are 70+.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Sanders first and Warren is turning into a hold my nose and vote candidate real quick.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Warren, but I'll feel better about begrudgingly voting for her compared to anyone else that's not Sanders. So she's a distant second to him, but still second.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I'm a Warren > Bernie > someone > anyone > human isn't a requirement right? > I like cats > trump

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Sanders is my first choice, Warren was my 2nd choice but after her ridiculous bullshit this week now I don't have a #2

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
User Warned: Antagonizing, Encouraging Inter-Community Feuds
The 33 users who voted "Warren is my #1 choice but Sanders is not my #2 choice" probably account for 75% of all the posts in the US PoliEra thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.