• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

• I will be buying Horizon

Votes: 437 81.4%
  • I will be buying Death Stranding

Votes: 261 48.6%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
header.jpg

header.jpg

Just curious. Death Stranding on PC comes out in four weeks and Horizon has a release period of Summer 2020 but should be launching soon if that Ryzen promotion is anything to go by.

Feel like out of the two, the excitement for Death Stranding isn't really there. Doesn't help they're charging full price but it was one of my favourite games of last year so there's no way I can't give it another go on PC.

Personally, I'm definitely getting both. I'm more excited in checking out Horizon since I've never played it before and I want to see what all the hubbub is about. Game looks insanely pretty on PS4 so it should look even better on my PC. 60 FPS is gonna be real nice too.

Horizon (most likely) being £29.99 sweetens the deal a lot too. No reason not to cop at that point.

gVWmuHH.png

What about you? Will you be jumping into Death Stranding or Horizon fresh?

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Never got round to finishing Death Stranding on my PS4 and I've yet to even open my copy of Horizon! Might as well wait and pick up those PC copies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm not getting either or but as someone who recently finished Death Stranding, please it give it a shot till Episode (chapter) 3. It becomes much better and much more tolerable because you unlock things that make your life so much easier. Even if you have to play it on very easy, at least give it a try till mid Episode 3 and if you don't like it there, then the game won't be for you and that's totally understanding.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'll pick up Horizon if it's around $20. I don't know a lot about the game, and I need to hear more about the port.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably neither.
I'll likely buy Death Stranding later on when it's cheap as I love the game.
Have no interest in replaying Horizon though.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on buying Horizon, but at this point I think I'll wait to see what kind of enhancements it'll get on PS5, if any. I never got around to the DLC on PS4, and I figure when I play it I might as well get Trophies for it.

Death Stranding, eh, I dunno. I dropped it on PS4 and I don't have a burning desire to try it again.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon because I want to replay it in 60fps and never played the dlc before

DS is just way too fresh in my mind still

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I will buy both to look at them for a few minutes. But will mostly buy them to hopefully support them bringing other titles over to the PC platform. I have been voting with my wallet for years, especially with Japanese games on Steam and it seems to be working. I hope that can be the case here as well.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
It depends on the price for Horizon. I finished the game and DLC on PS4 but if it's 20-30 euro I might pick it up for 60 fps and even better graphics.
Nothing I've seen about Death Stranding makes me think I would enjoy it so I'm skipping that one.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Both here!

I never played DS on PC and I want to replay Horizon with DLC this time on PC.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Depends, if Horizon runs at 4k/60 on my setup then I will. DS I'll probably wait for a sale since I played it more recently

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played either, and I'll probably get Death Stranding at or near launch, barring any major issues with the quality of the port. Horizon, quite possibly, but I'm less sure about that one. Maybe when it's cheaper. (Unless it launches at like $30, in which case I'd probably just get right away.)

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I want to give Horizon a second chance on PC but honestly the thought of it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Is the game super story focused or can I just read up a summary of it in anticipation of the sequel?

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Will probably buy Death Stranding. I got the platinum in Horizon, so I think I've had my fill of that one.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Horizon for 30 bucks it's a pretty good deal. Death Stranding for 60$ not, i had wait 6 month to play it so i can wait a little longer to drop the price.

Jan 10, 2018
Probably Death Stranding when they've modded the crap out of it. Hopefully someone will have the energy to do a "Fan's Cut" so we can get rid of some of the exposition and embarrassing dialogue towards the end.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I bought DS at launch on PS4, never got around to playing it, and then got a free PC copy via the Game Awards, so I guess I'm playing it on PC

Might buy Horizon on PC if the price is right

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting both. Death Stranding for the first time, Horizon for the second time. I started Horizon on PS4 but didn't finish it so I'll play the PC version.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Already played and finished them on PS4, but I'll pick them up when they're cheaper and use them for potential replays and 8K photomode.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Probably Death Stranding when they've modded the crap out of it. Hopefully someone will have the energy to do a "Fan's Cut" so we can get rid of some of the exposition and embarrassing dialogue towards the end.
MGSV has a strong modding community on PC so mods will defo be there at some point

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
There isn't a no buy option on the poll? I already got these games on PS4 so I won't be double-dipping.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding already purchased. Waiting on Sony for an update on Horizon availability.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Waiting for 50% off on Horizon and a deep sale on DS.

Already played both on PS4.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon yes, Death Stranding I'll wait for a sale. I'm due for a new playthrough of both of these gems

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
Need to see how HZD runs on my specs before picking it up, but yeah I'm down as I never got around to playing it on the PS4 and 60fps KBM sounds like a real treat, especially if it's a cheaper release. Death Stranding I have no interest in getting.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Horizon at launch.

Death Stranding - probably in the winter/black Fri sales. If there was a 25% off offer, I'd consider it, but everyone's doing 20-22% off.

If there was like 50 CAD offer, I'd probably bite, but Death Stranding's more of a curio game. Horizon is a robo-dino hunting game that I'm excited for.

May 25, 2019
London
I wish they would give a release date for Horizon before the Steam Summer Sale. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff only for it to come out a week later.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Need to go through Horizon dlc, so I figure replaying the complete edition pc makes for a great time to dive back in.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just buy a cheap AMD key for Horizon.

As for DS I won't buy it now I bought and played it on release, if I had to pick though I'd always pick DS over HZD. It's a vastly superior game.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
horizon yes, death stranding no. couldnt pay me to play that fucking walking/hiking/delivery simulator.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HZD only to try and push Sony to publishing more games on PC, like Microsoft.

If that fails and they only release that one game and the sequel or other games never make it to pc, then fuck em ¬_¬.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Probably passing on these titles. Played Horizon on PS4, so unless there's a cheap deal that includes the DLC I never played, it's unlikely. Death Stranding... Idk how I feel about an open world platforming game...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get Death Stranding on sale at some point.

Love the look of it and the environment traversal seems super engaging to me.

Also curious to see what mods and cheats could do for the game.

Horizon I actually forgot was coming to PC. I played it on PS4 already and liked it a lot, but most of that was due to the story and the mystery of how the world ended up the way it did.

I got kinda tired of fighting the robots after a while (ended up mainly using explosive weapons which did the job 99% of the time, it just required grinding for materials once or twice), and the human fights were never that great to me.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to replay Horizon in 60 fps and try out M/kb aiming for the bows.

Death Stranding....not so much. Was not enamored by what I saw, or from reviews.....maybe for super cheap if/when a bunch of mods become available.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Waiting so much for horizon ! I don't know why WE are not getting a release date. Death standing , i will buy it too