• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you wear a mask when out/order take out food?

• I wear a mask in every public place I go now and will order out.

Votes: 196 39.0%
  • I wear a mask in public places but don't order out.

Votes: 99 19.7%
  • I don't wear a mask in public places but will order out

Votes: 127 25.2%
  • I don't wear a mask in public places and don't order out.

Votes: 40 8.0%
  • I no longer go anyplace to have to wear a mask and never order out.

Votes: 41 8.2%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So how many of you wear masks when going to the gas station or grocery store or just outside period? And do you eat out? I have taken to wearing a mask over my mouth everywhere now, from the grocery store to gas station, I take no chances. I even wear gloves. Granted being black, as many of you minorities know, we have to be careful in what kind of "covering" we wear or some asshole will get freaked out.

Also, do you eat take out? do you trust it? I still order out, I won't get delivery, but i'll go pick it up at curbside if possible.

Also please state where you live (country or state/province if you are comfortable with it).

I live in a big city in Missouri.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Eating out is probably safer than ever now. I've seen the workers at fast food places wearing gloves now. They've never worn gloves before.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wear a mask in public (it's actually required by law in my state's supermarkets) and I order take-out. I dispose of the take-out containers before I eat though. And wash my hands before eating, of course.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sweden, I work 6 days this week in electronics retail. No mask and I had takeout today.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
The state I live in made it mandatory. Problem is, finding masks is almost impossible now, so my runs to the store consist on wearing a shemagh and not ordering anything from take out at all, because I don't trust businesses or delivery people to follow sanitary regulations.

Shit, if I'm gonna get infected, at least it will be in a grocery run, not because I wanted a fucking pizza.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there's a danger to take out. I haven't seen a ton of evidence that it can be transmitted through cardboard and packaging. I do wear a mask to the grocery store now

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Mask when inside places, off when cycling and keeping away from literally everyone. Cook my own shite.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I wear a mask whenever I go to public places (mainly once a week grocery shopping) and also when I go to pick food up for takeout.

I don't wear a mask if I'm out walking alone.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dont have to wear a mask if your life has shut down to the point where you never leave the house.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
We only have one mask and I haven't had time or the materials to sew some fabric ones, so I use a scarf. :(

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I just started to wear a mask this past Sunday. But I mostly wear it at stores/supermarket. Don't wear while in the car, pumping gas or walking my dogs.

And since the start of the lockdown in NYC, I haven't eaten out at all. And don't plan to.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend and I order out once or twice a week to our favorite restaurants to give them support. I wear a n95 mask for work typically, so I have a used one that I time out for at least 3 days that I use. We haven't been able to re-stock any. One of us has been going to the grocery store on average every one and a half weeks. I still have to go do field work once or twice a week and so I use my mask during work trips and grocery store runs.

Chicago, Illinois

I go for walks at night and I don't wear a mask then. I don't typically run into anyone on those walks. The streets are empty. I walk to the other side of the street if I do see someone.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
wear a mask anytime i leave the house now, except when i'm driving

i haven't ordered takeout in almost a month, but will break that tonite with a pizza to celebrate a bday in my household

kenji lopez alt had a thing about putting a pizza in the oven at 150 for 20 min after bringing it home, so that's probably what i'm gonna do

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'd wear one if I could find any.

Houston, TX

No, I don't really eat take out (not anything to do with Coronavirus, didn't really eat it much before either).

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Where are people getting their masks? Online orders that delivers within two weeks have scam prices while regular priced items deliver in two months.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
We only have one mask and I haven't had time or the materials to sew some fabric ones, so I use a scarf. :(

My fiancée is selling masks that she makes herself and materials have been at a premium. She had to travel to long island the other day to pick some up.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
New Yorker here. I wear mask when i go out. I don't eat out in general though(even before the pandemic), I usually cook my own food.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wear a mask anytime I go outside my door. The only takeout I'm getting these days is pizza, and I put it in the oven for 5-7 minutes before eating, like usual. Cooking in six days a week now.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Where are people getting their masks? Online orders that delivers within two weeks have scam prices while regular priced items deliver in two months.

One of my mom's friend's dropped a couple off and one was made out of 49ers fabric, so I snatched that up in a heartbeat.

I bought one off of Etsy and it took about a week to get it (arrived today).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda but I just want to go to a In N Out again or Shake Shack. I'll wear a mask.

If anything, you just worry about them place being clean and not just germs and shit but food prep in general.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No mask but I only leave the house for like 20 minutes once every 3 days to get supplies and stay out of the way of others as much as possible. Definitely not eating take out.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I've only been outside my house (or outdoor vicinity of my house) once in the past two weeks, for groceries, and I didn't wear a mask. This is in the Seattle area. Probably more than half of people at the store were wearing something, but plenty weren't. I'll probably figure out something makeshift for next time I go to a store.

We've been ordering delivery from local restaurants about once a week, and last got takeout a few weeks back.

Mar 31, 2018
I don't order prepared meals and I don't go in public places. I have fresh vegetables and other ingredients delivered. For safety's sake I can also wash these. I do not wear mouth masks, but always take two meters away from a person. I wash my hands regularly and always carry disinfectant with me. Mouth masks are far too scarce and healthcare personnel and infected people need them more.

I don't go to shops, it's a madhouse over there. I find it strange that governments don't fully commit to online ordering and delivery. With the exception of the elderly who are not familiar with that online thing.In today's shops, no one distances themselves, shelves have to be replenished very often and conditions for staff are worse than usual. Full deployment on online services is safer for everyone and provides a better working environment for staff in today's times.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I wear a scarf because I have no mask and I have facial hair, I don't order out because I'm scared to even though I know the risk is like not even there.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I don't order prepared meals and I don't go in public places. I have fresh vegetables and other ingredients delivered. For safety's sake I can also wash these. I do not wear mouth masks, but always take two meters away from a person. I wash my hands regularly and always carry disinfectant with me. Mouth masks are far too scarce and healthcare personnel and infected people need them more.

I don't go to shops, it's a madhouse over there. I find it strange that governments don't fully commit to online ordering and delivery. With the exception of the elderly who are not familiar with that online thing.In today's shops, no one distances themselves, shelves have to be replenished very often and conditions for staff are worse than usual. Full deployment on online services is safer for everyone and provides a better working environment for staff in today's times.

uh, those delivery services pay even less than grocery stores and cost consumers more money. It's a nice idea in a perfect world though.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and order take out.

Edit: I only wear a mask if I'm going to the store, I won't wear one for just going outside

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I only ever go out to get groceries, less than once a week. Still don't weat a mask but I'm super careful with distancing and always bring sanitizer. Will likely start wearing a scarf.

Luckily I can work from home, so I don't need to get out often. I would rarely eat out or order takeout either way, I like cooking :)

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Eating takeout right now, lol. I wore a mask to the grocery store last week, and will wear one tomorrow when I go. Only have one mask right now though.
Exercising and walking the dog I don't wear one. Usually only see a couple of people.

Been eating a lot of takeout on the weekends, trying to support our favorite local places. Our jobs are safe for now, so trying to help them.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've used delivery services and no contact delivery. I only really go out to grab groceries and I scrub up with a mask and gloves.

funtastrophe

Oct 25, 2017
In Nassau County? It's a major fashion faux-pas to not wear a face garment around here. I go out once a week, usually for food but today's haul was trimmer string and a 50-ft ethernet cable so I can have virtual fire pit parties without having to fiddle with unreliable backyard wi-fi. Hardware stores have the highest percentage, among my observations so far, of the maskless.

As for takeout, I stopped doing that largely when I got a mortgage. Bulk warehouse store foods are nearly an order of magnitude cheaper and not really inferior in any way, subjectively speaking. I do plan on getting a pizza pie next year to celebrate the ending of said mortgage!

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Downtown LA: been wearing a mask any time we leave the apartment for the last couple weeks. Have gotten delivery once, ordered online for pickup a couple other times. Mostly cooking at home, but a small break is necessary occasionally.

In Los Angeles it's required now

I was happy this was enacted, but this
morning we stopped briefly at Target while out walking the dog and I was amazed that at least half the customers and employees had their masks pulled down past their nose or even uncovering their mouth, reaching under the mask to scratch their face (after handling a bunch of stuff on the shelf!), etc. People are so irresponsible and dumb, Lord have mercy. 🙏

Oct 25, 2017
I have some Japanese face masks but they are too small for my large head. But I did wear one to the store. Hoping I can get something better.

I order takeout about 1-2 time per week, trying to support local restaurants as much as I can. There is no evidence it's a significant vector for contracting the virus.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If I am walking around my neighborhood by myself I do not. There is barely any people out and about where I live. There has only been 9 cases in my city with 4 being active cases so right now I am just practicing social distancing with the rare times I enter a public building now. I have not ordered takeout since this has really started to kick off. I do have a couple of homemade masks just in case. Better than nothing.

Edit: I live in Alberta Canada.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
If they weren't sold out everywhere I'd gladly get a mask, but hey, they totally are.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
In Finland in a mid-size city (mid-size for Finland anyway), no mask for me or seemingly anyone else. In the past four weeks I've seen one person wear one, and she was Asian. Order food couple of times a week now since our company mandated working from home a month ago.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
We only go out for walks around our neighborhood (keeping distance from everyone else; we'll walk in the street or stand and wait if needed) or to the grocery store (which we go to very early to avoid a crowd).

We wear masks to the grocery store but not for our walks around the block.

We've only eaten food outside our home once in the last three weeks, which was a delivery order. We're planning to do take out or delivery once a week or so as a treat and to help a wee bit with the economy.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Anytime I need to be inside of a building with other people, I wear a mask. If I'm just driving to McDonald's, I don't wear one.