• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How are you feeling?

• The game looks good and I’m excited to play.

Votes: 156 8.1%
  • Not sure yet, could go either way.

Votes: 620 32.3%
  • Game looks bad and I’m not interested

Votes: 1,146 59.6%

• Total voters

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I think it might still be fun to play, if the combat and enemy design is really good.

But, it looked so aggressively generic on every front that it's all too easy to mock the game, sadly. It was also super weird to hear the narrator describe their idea for the game as if it was a new thing that Nioh hadn't already done (and likely much better).

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
No interest at all. It has still failed to answer any of these three questions for me

1. Why should I play it over Monster Hunter?
2. Why should I play it over Dark Souls?
3. Why should I play it over Dynasty Warriors?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not my kind of game so it could look incredible and I wouldn't bother with it. That said - hopefully, it's good but it has that launch game feel to it. Might be wrong and it's a polished banger but we shall see. Some people will really enjoy it though and that is fine with me.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing just looked to painfully generic, and they seemed to put all the focus on little pieces of combat that games have had pinned down for several console generations at this point. The graphics looked pretty, but the style just kept making me think of those equally generic mobile game trailers. It baffles me that Godfall is getting so much pushing from Sony, I just do not get it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The deep dive convinced me I have no interest. Reminds me of 'soul fighter' on the Dreamcast. Generic slasher and loot doesn't interest me. I get that loot stuff is popular though so I'm sure it'll find its fans.

Found the length of coverage in the SoP crazy though. Not quite 'Nintendo direct forensic detail on smash characters' long, but still well outweighed its welcome

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like nice... As a F2P game.
I'd never spend money on it though.

This would've been better as a Warframe type of game.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Looks like it could be okay, like a game you play when games are on a draught when it's on a sale or PS+, but not super interesting to me

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The deep dive convinced me I have no interest. Reminds me of 'soul fighter' on the Dreamcast. Generic slasher and loot doesn't interest me. I get that loot stuff is popular though so I'm sure it'll find its fans.

Found the length of coverage in the SoP crazy though. Not quite 'Nintendo direct forensic detail on smash characters' long, but still well outweighed its welcome
"Soul Fighter" might as well be the name for any game trying to ape the Dark Souls style combat while retaining none of the nuance lol.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is this a free 2 play game ? Legit question im not trying to be cheeky. Or is it a full pop retail?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
It looks appealing visually but the combat looks awful. Prerelease showings are supposed to make the game look as good as possible and the characters are just flailing around at nothing. That's as good as this game will look.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Seems "fun" in the way that games in 2008 were fun.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say but it looks dated as fuck and all those buzzwords in today's walkthrough just made me roll my eyes.

I also can't believe they're showing off such horrible gameplay. The enemies, hit detection, the action, the AI, the polite enemies that wait around to attack.... all of it just looks so boring. If it is indeed more exciting, the footage they opted to show definitely does it zero favors. Feels like Gearbox's HI moment.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
With New Genesis coming this game has no purpose at all for me anymore. I used to look at it hoping it could fill that PSO style void but now PSO itself is fixing that. After the showing I feel like this even more so because the games combat is just too bland looking. Combo variety is weak and the AI and back and forth between enemies doesnt feel engaging enough. Combat looks very slippery and repetitive while lacking depth.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
It reminds me of Too Human....but not as good. Granted I have not played it. but it gives me Too Human vibes but not as interesting. I really liked Too Human and when I first read/seen this game it seemed like it would be in the same vein, but this new presentation actually lowered my desire to get the game. The gameplay looks a bit stiff and the your character looks bad.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
i'll be kind and say i have no idea why sony are giving it the push it has got (first PS5 game "revealed", end of show placing at that SOP)

xem

Oct 31, 2017
as long as the performance is up to snuff and its $40 i'll prolly buy. it doesnt look like a full $59 release at this point. but maybe we dont have all the info yet.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Every time it is shown I remember that it exists, having forgotten about it since the last showing. Whatever it is about the game, it instantly relegates itself to the back of my mind. If someone had asked me to list PS5 games yesterday without checking the internet, no matter how much time I thought about it, I would never have listed Godfall.

Also, each showing that brings it back to mind, I think "oh right that free-to-play game". Today is the first time I've internalised the concept that they will ask money for this.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Something about this game actively repels me. I cannot even sit through their promo material.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not into the genre, but here ennemies looked totally off, and so I am not sure about impact and feedback.

I enjoyed the showcase of movements and attacks, but they should have used a better responding to illustrate it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My feeling is: stop trying to make Godfall 'a thing'.

It looks aggressively average. Would be ecstatic to be proved wrong. But it's getting a lot of air time for something that looks so meh.

Oct 3, 2019
I was actually interested until that SoP earlier. Talking about combat mechanics that are almost two decades old like it's some new and interesting shit? Get the fuck outta here.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
It could go either way for me. A lot of people just claimed Ghost was a boring asscreed clone set in Japan and once I played it turned out to be one of my favourites. Not going to judge games too hard until I play them especially ones so focused around combat mechanics.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Gameplay has no weight, looks like a button smasher. I'm kinda of annoyed at some similarities with God of War.