• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
"Heat Burst" is an amazing name for a limit break or a finisher or something like that.

Also yeah, I'm in Paris right now. It's Hell. We're all going to die.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's really suffocating right now here, really hope it'll be the last of this summer, I can't bear it anymore.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Paris is forecast to record its hottest day ever while new all-time highs set on Wednesday in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium could be beaten within hours as the second dangerous heatwave of summer 2019 sears western Europe.
Météo-France said the mercury in the French capital could hit 42C (107.6F) by Thursday afternoon, which would break the previous high of 40.4C recorded in July 1947. Several French cities, including Bordeaux, set new all-time highs of more than 40C on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands all logged their highest temperatures, which forecasters said were likely to be surpassed on Thursday. The UK's all-time high of 38.5C could also be exceeded, the Met Office said.
Germany's DWD weather service said the mass of hot air was hanging "like a bell" over an area stretching from the central Mediterranean to Scandinavia, squeezed between low-pressure zones over western Russia and the eastern Atlantic.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was a nice thing once upon a time to have a planet that was actively suitable for human life on it. Ah well

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
But there should be a drop on saturday in temperatur, right, RIGHT?

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
What the fuck, now we have to contend with random heat bursts too?

To be fair, this sounds like one of those made up weather terms that the media is running away with. Yeah, it's balls hot around the world and climate change is killing us slowly but "heat burst" doesn't sound like a real thing.

Roelatie

Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: inappropriate language; don't use the word 'retard' as an insult
Fuck this retard!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
PerkyForkedIcefish-max-1mb.gif

Goddamn as if isn't hot enough already.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Ha! Good thing I live in Paris!...
...where temperature will hit 42°C this afternoon, RIP

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Wow never experienced a heat burst, but a +4• degrees burst in 10 minutes sounds insane!!

Wish yall good luck and strength. Especially for the elderly and children. Few years back this heat even resulted in some casualties.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's really suffocating right now here, really hope it'll be the last of this summer, I can't bear it anymore.
Ugh tell me about it. The hottest temperatures ever recorded here in the Netherlands, since they first started doing so, with the last record being that one from seventy years ago. I really, really hope we stay away from the low to mid 30's for the remainder of the season. 26 Degrees is hot enough!

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The worst with theses is that they happen during the night. Night who's supposed to be a period of relief where you can get some vaguely fresh air. I live in Normandy but close enough from Paris to have avoided theses bursts. It's still suffocating though.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
London right now is HOT.

So hot they are running less trains, and running them slower because the rail lines are super heating or some shit.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Only 38°C in Karlsruhe, Germany. I should've dressed in more than a polo shirt and jeans 🥶

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, am I reading this correctly? The rain evaporated before it hit the ground? That sounds crazy
Also, 35 degrees in the middle of the night is pretty insane

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
They made a similar claim at a station here in the Netherlands, whe it suddenly spiked to 42.9 within 15 minutes. That one revised down to 37.6.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, my Lidl-ass weather station is showing 41.7 outside and 27.4 inside. Now I know it has a deviation of 4 degrees. Now I'm scouring the internet for a nice wifi weather station to incorporate in my 'smart home'.