• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
perfect1.jpg

I've got two of the Nyko Perfect Shot Controllers for Wii. Need to bust those out again soon for House of the Dead: Overkill and some other light gun games.

Think I was given a gun shell for the move controllers that I never used. Haven't played any light gun games on PS3, what's worth checking out?

Oct 25, 2017
Sinden is probably the premier gun, but for twitch precision moments it only has 60hz ir sensor tracking vs Wii (30-60hz) and ps move (30/60/120 on ps3, with a 240 mode on ps4). It has similar or better accuracy as the 10 point LCD IR trackers found in 2000s/2010 arcade cabinets thanks to its border based positional tracking software, but no internal IMUs, magnetometers and the like. In some theoretical best possible scenario cases, a Wii or Move system could outperform it, but that mostly doesn't matter for 2D-space rail shooter content.

With a Vive or Valve Index kit, you get 1000hz IMU/500hz transmission/60hz+ correction/software processing lighthouse tracking. Who knows how much of that is exposed in programs like EMUVR for old 60hz crt content.

Last edited:

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
EmuVR is doing the thing I want, but it's just a little too funky and too kitchy for my taste. I do really want to run emulated shooters in VR and be able to use my motion controllers as light guns.

Maybe it's worth going down that rabbit hole again.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I wish 2020 and 2021 hadn't been so bad, I could have played Mission Impossible Arcade by now to get a new light gun feel.

About the only way to get something new since SEGA and the like don't seem to want to port newer games to VR sadly.