• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
If it goes around the internet that something is coated in a material to specifically prevent people from licking it the last thing I'm going to do is lick it.
well, If it goes around the internet that something is coated in a material to specifically prevent people from licking it the FIRST thing I'm going to do is lick it.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No, but if you haven't attempted to put an entire amiibo in your mouth... have you truly lived?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
hTwdduX.png

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
12 games and not a hint of saliva has met them. Not even curious to know what it's like, I gagged when I accidentally put dog chew-stopper in my mouth and I heard it was similar in bitterness.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At launch I did apply the very tip of my tongue on my Zelda cartridge and it was enough to know I'd never do it again.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I hate kink shaming and I am STILL disturbed by this thread. Someone please convince me licking your Switch cartridges is perfectly normal please :(

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
I did, I got my switch around when my son was born, so when he started crawling around putting stuff in his mouth I tried it to see how bad it was, and am now convinced that my son would not swallow it now. lol

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Guilty. Since it was widespread at launch, I tried it with BotW.

I also tried it recently with a new game just to see if it was still a thing. Yup.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I did BOTW and tasted nothing while my friend tasted his copy and found it disgusting.

I guess my taste buds are busted.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Of course. I'm actually amazed many people haven't. Aren't you curious at least?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I did it once at launch just because I heard about how bad it was
Completely forgot about it until last week, when I was setting up Ring Fit Adventure. I was taking the cart out of my switch and putting in the Ring Fit one, but I was holding a bunch of things, so I held the old cart in my lips for a second so I didn't lose it, and got a reminder of how awful the thing tasted