• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Well I traded it in with a couple PS4 games at Gamestop before the prices go down and got $300 for everything. I didn't want to risk eBay because my disc reader has been iffy as of late for some reason even though my White Destiny 2 Pro was MINT. I'm happy with that as I'll throw that money towards games like Spidey, Demons Souls, some accessories etc. I still have a HUGE backlog of PS4 games that I'm holding onto for PS5 because I just couldn't take the fan noise anymore (GoT, TLOU2, FF7R etc). I still have my One X and I will eBay that about a week before the new consoles hit since I still need something to play for now. November is going to be one expensive ass month since I'm getting both consoles.

Anyway, what are you guys doing? What's your PLANS? (Sorry I'm hyped I cannot fucking wait!)

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
I went on an Ebay tear recently. I sold an Xbox One X, PS4, Xbox 360, original Xbox, and tons of other miscellaneous stuff. It just about paid for my new Xbox Series X and a new 4k TV.

disChapo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just sold my PS4 Pro for 300 yesterday on Offerup. Still need to sell some games that I no longer need. Now I have nothing else to play on right now so I'm kind of bored.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
GameStop is giving $200 for either system, pro or one X until the end of Nov. Just going to do that since I don't really care to eBay them.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Yep - sold the PS4Pro just after TLOU2.

I was going to hold off on buying a new system until next year, but I caved and signed up for XBox All Access. Excited to try out some new tech

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I traded in my Pro and Switch about a month ago. I will be trading in my White Xbox One X in about a week or so just to shave off some money for the PS5/Series X & Series S.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
i would love to get rid of my xbone but to be honest I'm not even sure who would want to buy the thing or if I could get more than 75 bucks

ill thrown in a kinect and wont even charge the extra one fucking hundred dollars it cost me to sit in the closet.

how much is GS giving for just a regular launch edition Xbone?

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
No consoles sold but I got rid of an old receiver that I'll use to pay for the Series X. Back when the 360 came out tho i had to get rid of my PS2 and it suuucked :(

Once I get the Series X I... ngl I dunno what imma do. I'll probably just turn it on, say "neat", and then go back to sleep lol

OP
OP
SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah I just sold my PS4 Pro for 300 yesterday on Offerup. Still need to sell some games that I no longer need. Now I have nothing else to play on right now so I'm kind of bored.

What's the trick with Offerup? I put a Surface Keyboard on there recently and instnatly got like 10 BOTS messaging me so I just uninstalled it lol.

Memles

Oct 26, 2017
I've committed to keeping my previous consoles instead of trading them, which turned into hubris because lightning fried my PS4 Pro a month or so ago. It'll look nice on my shelf, at least.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
GameStop is giving $200 for either system, pro or one X until the end of Nov. Just going to do that since I don't really care to eBay them.

Nice that's good to know. Will likely trade my pro in shortly after getting the ps5 and confirming it's all good. Will be nice to cheapen the onslaught of new games coming out in the next few months.

OP
OP
SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

Yep it's all about the convenience. No dealing with scams, no shipping, just bring it in and be done with it. I got $175 for it and then a bonus 30%.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most powerful console in my house right now is a Switch. someone on eBay bought my PS4 listing on the day before my copy of 13 Sentinels came in ;_;

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to send out my PS4 Pro to Amazon by Nov 1st. I'd rather keep as long as I can because I don't want to waste my PS Plus multiplayer time in October. What kind of backups are people doing? Online or by USB?

Still playing Odyssey Gold Edition on my XB1X, so that won't be going anywhere for a long time.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be selling mine soon. I just ordered an SSD and an enclosure. Going to move my saves and game installs over, and then go for it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna trade my One X in this weekend to prepare for Series X. PS4 will stay for a bit, not getting PS5 until next year sometime

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I sold mine a few weeks ago already since I figured it'd be better to sell early and get as much trade value out of it as possible. If the PS5 wasn't backwards compatible, I would've kept it, but I don't see the point of keeping it if I'll be using the PS5 for PS4 games anyways.

That said it's tough to have the games coming in, but no system to play them on. I got Ghost of Tsushima last week, and have Mafia Trilogy and Trails of Cold Steel 4 coming this month, but can't play either of them until launch. Mafia Trilogy is especially difficult as it is one of my favorite franchises and I've been wanting to replay the games for quite a while.

The most powerful console in my house right now is a Switch. someone on eBay bought my PS4 listing on the day before my copy of 13 Sentinels came in ;_;

Oof that timing :(.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I need to get my PS4 listed, just have been super busy recently which isn't ideal as the resale prices keep slipping.

I'm a bit nervous about it as I still used it quite a bit, and I wasn't able to secure a PS5 preorder so I'll be standing in line pretty early in the morning at the store I work at to grab one.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Pros gonna sell this weekend, won't miss it at all, loud hunk of junk. Gimme dat ps5 where the heaksink is the length of the console

OP
OP
SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I sold mine a few weeks ago already since I figured it'd be better to sell early and get as much trade value out of it as possible. If the PS5 wasn't backwards compatible, I would've kept it, but I don't see the point of keeping it if I'll be using the PS5 for PS4 games anyways.

That said it's tough to have the games coming in, but no system to play them on. I got Ghost of Tsushima last week, and have Mafia Trilogy and Trails of Cold Steel 4 coming this month, but can't play either of them until launch. Mafia Trilogy is especially difficult as it is one of my favorite franchises and I've been wanting to replay the games for quite a while.

Oof that timing :(.

Yea I have a ton of PS4 games in my Drawer ready to go for PS5. Aside from the launch games like Spidey and DS, I have FF7R, Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Nioh 2 etc. I'm set for a long ass time.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized I sold off my only 4K Blu Ray player 😅
Also sold my launch PS4 for a pretty good price. Have the Pro/Switch/PC to keep me some company but if I'm being honest, I just don't feel like playing any of backlog because I'm too hyped for next gen.

disChapo

Oct 25, 2017
What's the trick with Offerup? I put a Surface Keyboard on there recently and instnatly got like 10 BOTS messaging me so I just uninstalled it lol.

Has to be a hot item I guess. There has been a bunch of PS4 Pros selling in my area around that price or higher. Haven't gotten any bot messages so far. Just a bunch a lowball offers that I tell "oh I've gotten a higher bid, I'll let you know if the other person backs out".

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Not selling my Pro until I can transfer my stuff over successfully first. Plus I'm playing stuff on it now anyway. Then I'll sell for $200-300.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to make sure that there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with PS4 bc on ps5 before I trade in Pro.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually not sure I can bear to part with my launch PS4.

We've been through hell and back again together.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I am still playing until release. I will pay in full through target so once I get it, I will sell my ps4 to fund some games

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Literally working on my season pass for Destiny 2. I took a few weeks away from the game to finish Horizon. I'm about 19 levels away from season rank 100. After that I'm getting rid of my PS4.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
when will gamestop stop giving me $200 credit? It's crazy to me that there's games I still haven't had the time to complete all summer and now it's only 1 month until launch so I need to get rid of this Pro to maximize my return..

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Sold my PS4 Pro on eBay for 204€.

Have enough stuff to play on Switch to get me to mid November.

How are people getting 300€ for PS4s? Lots of games?
An brand new Pro is 299€ here.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'm waiting til I can actually get my PS5 before selling the Pro, but I'm planning on doing it through facebook/a second hand selling app. I seemingly won't need it anymore, so if the functionality is as said I'll be letting go of it. Only a year and a half old but I'm hoping to get $200+ for it.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to sell my death stranding ps4 pro but I'm too attached to it. I decided to sell some games instead. Sold some smt games after buying them for cheap on sale on the eshop.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I sold my PS4 Pro on eBay shortly after TLOU2, and I'm selling my XB1X now. I'm selling my Switch, too, in anticipation of the upgraded model next year. Everything must go :P

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I won't be going to next-gen for a while yet, I still have more than enough stuff on my PS4 Slim and Xbox One S.

I have been selling some Wii U and Switch games to have some money for games this holiday.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Traded both my pro and my One X in and have both my PS5 and Series X paid off in full. I thought it didn't matter I would just play Switch but honest I was wrong and it's killing me haha. But I'm glad I did just in case something was to happen to one of them

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PS4 Pro and One X both sold off on eBay over the last week.

Just me and my lonely Switch waiting for the new hotness now.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Sold them both back to Amazon last week. Keeping the month full with Star Wars Squadrons on PC and whenever my Oculus Quest 2 gets here.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Trading in my pro to amazon. Wish I could trade my x scorpio edition but they aren't taking in any Xs lol

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hoping Gamestop will do trade in deal again sometime next year when xbox series x stock gets a bit better. Will trade in one x then.

Paying for ps5 outright though.