• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was planing to moving back to Paris from Germany.
I had already talked with old colleagues, but they were waiting for one project finalizing before offering me a job. Now I'm not sure when they'll be ready to hire again...

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

I was originally planning some travel plans (saving up for it, which while difficult, would've been manageable). Buddy of mine was also going to come down from Canada, too. Everything kinda went south because of this.

I'm not mad or anything, given it's important to stay safe. Plus, I'm glad I can be there with my family right now, given everything. Really the only thing I'm bummed about is I really wanted to see a buddy of mine. I haven't seen him in person since my April/May 2016 trip to Canada, but not much you can do. At least we can talk online and stuff, if nothing else.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah had to put my travel plans into hold. Thank god I didn't reserve any trips in advance.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just last year I started attending anime conventions and instantly fell in love. I had found events I truly enjoyed and was excited for another wave of them this year and every year after.

Then this virus comes along and cons are dropping like flies. I can't even imagine when the next time will be that people can even put on a convention. It's not like this virus or social distancing is just gonna go away in a few weeks. Will we have to wait until a vaccine is made before large gatherings can truly flourish again?

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
Was about to get permanent residence permit in Germany, get a new job in a new city and move. Now it's all on hold.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Yes, but taking it in stride I have more leisure time so it's whatever.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Freelance technician here. My work year goes from tick over to full throttle for summer and it's usually marked by Cheltenham festival. Finally did some networking late last year because I want to get into audio and it was all happening this year. Not only do the people who I was going to work with now not know when or indeed if this year they'll be back at work, no horse racing/motor sport/footy/rugby/cricket has fucked me over completely, and because like a dick, I lovingly craft my year to give me a winter mostly at home, I don't think I'll be accepted for any government handouts aside from UC. What a difference a few weeks make. it's fucking unreal. That said, I can't feel too hard done to, some of the folks I work with are in the same boat but with young kids and a partner hit the same way. I feel for all off you in this situation. the uncertainty for me is unsettling, it must be straight up terrifying for some.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. We were supposed to go camping later this summer but other than that we had nothing special scheduled. This whole fucked up situation might even allow us to clear most of or debts.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Got to roll with the punch. Will I improve my driving confidence by taking more long road trips? Nope. Can I instead try to train my dogs not to piss on each other's heads? Yes. Not going well so far but plenty of isolation time left.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
After a breakup last year, I had planned to use this year to travel a lot, starting with going to Denmark next week followed by Kiev and Croatia later this year and some weekends in bigger cities in between.

For most of them I had planned to travel alone,so I get to learn to be more independent in doing what I like instead of always relying on friends or my partner, but this situation right here was not what I had in mind.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had plans to finish up furnishing the apartment and getting a better job, but all that is delayed by at least a year it seems.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nothing major. i have a few concerts book but they'll just get reschedule or refunded. i was planning to go on holiday this year but that's out the window.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
My main plan for the year was finishing the construction of my house. That will be delayed, but hopefully still be done this year.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
All of the summer concerts are up in the air, travel plans are shot or on hold, school is probably on hold, NYCC will almost 100% be canceled/postponed, but my work is still going strong so I am fortunate for that.

It's going to be a lousy next six months or so.

goodsines

Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
Went to North Florida to work for the winter season so that I can stabilize and head back to NC to finish schooling in May or June and get my life a bit more together. Lost my job because of COVID and my home partially because of it, too. Looks like I'm stuck here probably through the year, unfortunately.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
I wanted to do a motorcycle tour through Schottland im Sommer.... with the current projection of the UK corona situation I rather look for another target. Maybe Croatia

Last edited:

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to spend a week in Maine in June - that's done.
Was going to race in a 50 mile bike ride and then race in my first century ride - that's done.
Was going to interview for a cool job - postponed indefinitely.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yeah, there was a lot. So many Jays games. You know how hyped I was for the Astros coming to town? The scenes would've been unbelievable. Not to mention Raptor/Leafs playoff games. Nas was gonna be town in the summer and I was looking forward to that. NJPW at MSG.

And just being able to fully enjoy enjoy the spring/summer and the weather. We've already been cooped up inside all winter and now it's prolonged indefinitely.

After a while it 100% takes a toll mentally. And that's not even anything to do with the actual virus and all that entails. In fact, it's a complete minute proposition in comparison.

It's unprecedented levels of fucked and for the first time in my lifetime that I can remember, it's something we're all in together globally without exception.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Yes i was planning to have all my planned trips and booked concerts cancelled and being laid off also. 2020 was planned to be miserable.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no! Not the convention! The woman you never met was waiting a minute away and corona took it... :( and that well paying job you eventually wanted to look for! Surely you had planned to win the lottery too, darn you corona. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Some people have real problems, not imaginary fantasy plans they probably couldn't or wouldn't have putten into action.

I am starting my new job (better payment, 3 minutes commuting, less hours etc.), but due to corona I shouldnt actually work atm as I am part of the risk group and self-protection in childcare is impossible. Government says i should start looking for a new job (as if anyone would take me during corona or were willing to pay someone who is not working).

I was not able to say good bye to my old colleagues.

Many people lose their job... and you go on and whine about if's that would probably never have taken place?

I didn't realize it was a contest dude. Let people wallow in their own private misery. This thread is for venting but there's no entry qualifications. One man's tragedy is another man's comedy and vice versa.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
I feel you OP. Last 7 years of my life have been stagnant but I was finally making moves. Was supposed to start a new position at work finally that I was excited for and then plan a wedding and both are on hold indefinitely. The timing on this thing was so impeccable.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to do a motor stout through Schottland im Sommer.... with the current projection of the UK corona situation I rather look for another target. Maybe Croatia

At least both your options practically guarantee you'll be burned in sacrifice to an ancient evil God in a Wicker Man of some kind.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Potential job that would've doubled my pay is now on an indefinite hold after they started talking to me right before this. Potential promo at current job prob delayed even more as money gets tight.

Planned on moving to a more affordable place this year. Can't go look at apartments anytime soon.

Cousin was looking at visiting or vice versa. That's out now for plenty of reasons.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I fully accounted for a global pandemic the likes of which we haven't seen in our lifetime. Everything is going as planned

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I didn't realize it was a contest dude. Let people wallow in their own private misery. This thread is for venting but there's no entry qualifications. One man's tragedy is another man's comedy and vice versa.

Holy moly, yeah. What a cruel and horrible response. Someone who has lost a loved one could flip that post right around on them in the same way, but I sure hope no one does. This isn't a contest.

Sorry guys, I'm just really frustrated with the whole thing.

And you have a right to be! Making a space like this to mourn what could have been is awesome and an important part of processing this all, together. Everyone's in the same boat. The least we can do is support one another. Loss is loss, no matter what kind.

EDIT: The posts responding with humor I totally get though. At least saying "Nope, you're the only one" sarcastically could give OP a chuckle and help them see that they're not alone.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was planning on going on an exchange program overseas this upcoming summer/fall, but that's looking unlikely considering the pandemic might last into the summer and all traveling being off-limits. I'm been itching to travel for a while too, considering it's been years since I've been in another country.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I had plans to move into my own place, get a higher paying job, maybe even meet the right woman
For a second I thought I wrote this and forgot. These are the exact 3 things I had planned for this year. In a way it's nice not having the pressure to accomplish huge goals, but yeah having the whole year suddenly upended is a shock.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna buy a house... still might once things settle a bit but I'm a bit concerned workwise

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Expecting our first baby on May 1st. Now we'll probably have him alone and no family or friends will visit for a while. My wife is so bummed.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I'm moving to SE Asia from US August 4th and I'm really hoping things have calmed down by then.

Oct 27, 2017
Had plans to get a new job, move out of San Francisco, and move in with my boyfriend who is three time zones away. All hiring is frozen, so I'm not moving, so I have no idea when I'll get to see my bf outside of a facetime call for the foreseeable future. :/

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I used to mock the hell out of the idea of getting a peloton bike, now I'm actively looking at one to get through this.

Things are getting pretty drastic.

Oct 26, 2017
I had to cancel visiting my dad for his 70th birthday and to shorten my own celebrations, as well as stop house hunting for now (since I both don't want to travel around and I don't want to deal with a bunch of businesses to get the move sorted). Missed one concert and will probably miss another. Suck, but for now I'm just accepting it.

I had health issues some years back and it was kind of the same then, only this time I'm trying to not GET health issues. Better to just stay put and hope everything eventually gets back to normal.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Concert tickets for Propagandhi in May, moving in June, the busy summer work season. I imagine all this is going to at the least change, probably get all fucked up though.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Pretty sure everyone's plans changed, even for hermits like me.

I had like 10 concerts planned in the last two weeks and they all got canceled or postponed. I was so excited to see the Strokes.

Oct 27, 2017
Chances are my relationship is going to end due to the coronavirus so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(both of us are completely fine health-wise; she might just have to stay in her home country since she can't come to the US now and it's unlikely she'll find a new job here in due time in this chaos)

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Yeah. I was going to have all my debt paid off by May. I was making triple what I made at my old job, and now I'm down to picking up whatever jobs my company can send me on locally.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I'm getting married in October. Already had deposits in on venue and caterer, so guess I'm just hoping gatherings of more than 10 aren't homicidal negligence by that time.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I launched a brand new business on 4th March, after working on it, unpaid, for about six months prior.

It's gone about as well as you'd expect.