• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After all showings from 1st and 3rd party from both console sides i really don't see reason to get console at launch. Most of games will come to PC and with next-gen GPUs around corner and more advanced Ray-Tracing implementations and new technologies like DLSS 2.0 PC looks like best place to be this holiday season.

Oct 29, 2017
PC have always had more games and features. The reasons to play on console are different than having the more expansive library. Price being the key one.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
After all showings from 1st and 3rd party from both console sides i really don't see reason to get console at launch. Most of games will come to PC and with next-gen GPUs around corner and more advanced Ray-Tracing implementations and new technologies like DLSS 2.0 PC looks like best place to be this holiday season.

depends on how much we have to pay for the new GPUs though...

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, if you can tolerate MS and Epic's shitty launchers. It's always been this way.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Playstation 5 only for first parties and Switch for first parties with PC for third parties

like I have been doing

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I'll continue on PC until God of War II is announced.

Couldn't care less about Spooder-Man and other titles announced by Sony so far, and i'll play the MS games i'm interested in on PC.

Oct 31, 2017
Yep sticking with my newly built PC for now. This and my Nintendo Switch can last me for a while. Might pick up PS5 1-2 years after its release.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PC is a good investment depending on several factors
- whether you like playing with M&KB vs controller
- whether your friends and family play console games

I'm mostly sticking with PC for 'next gen' but I will pick up a PS5 to join my friends for multiplayer games.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It typically is.

You get access to the best versions of 90%+ of all titles and get to stay out of the weird plastic box tribalism crap.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
PC has Age of Empires 4 and WoW: Shadowlands.

PS5 and Xbox Series X (maybe?) does not have Age of Empires 4 or WoW: Shadowlands.

PC wins.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Not just that but judging from how most games look anyone with a currently decent PC won't need to spend any money.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after seeing both the showings from MS and Sony and already having a pretty good PC I feel good in just taking advantage of PC Game Pass for the next few years and then buying the PS5 slim revision one there's a good library of exclusives to justify it.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Wouldn't be suprised if after this gen, they ditch "consoles" and have branded high powered PCs

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking about one system, PC will always have the most games and features, that is a fact.

But not everyone wants the best, some are content with a smaller library/less features if it means more ease of use and cheaper price right off the bat.

So it's hard to universally recommend the PC for everyone. If anyone ever asked for your input in regards to what they should buy next gen, you'd have to know the person's habits before outright just recommending the PC.

Mar 31, 2018
I was gonna do the same thing. The consoles are becoming very expensive, games are becoming more expensive, I have not seen enough gameplay images of next-gen (and if so, these were disappointing),...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
If someone needs to choose one system, certainly.

But the ideal is PC + PS5 + Nintendo

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first console generation I'm skipping day 1 in favour of PC, and I feel extremely good about it.

I even feel pretty good about my 1660ti lasting another 12-18 months.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think the winning combination will be PC, PS5 and Switch going forward.

Today's showing definitely has confirmed to me that there is no need for an XSX if you have a gaming-capable PC.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Cost wise.

Xbox Series X is the best investment to price ratio for next-gen games.

Depends on what your budget is, and I say this as a PC gamer. Despite being a PC / Console gamer for over 35 years now, I fully understand that. That needs to be taken into account.

If series X is $400-$500, you will not, in any way/shape/or form...be building a gaming PC for $500 that can play these upcoming games at 4k/30/60/120fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.