• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I love CTR, it was essentially our family game of choice for most of my childhood. My finger is on the trigger to preorder 4 copies and send them out to my family members now scattered across the states.
Y'know what I would like? Throw in some Spyro characters and tracks into CTR. So many opportunities for cool tracks across the three games. I don't have this need for CTR that 'it must be exactly like the original' hell the battle mode wasn't great, so I would just love if they just start building off the original.
You could slip it so easily into the CTR 'canon' with the way it plays with portals and teleporters. Hell, the dream would be to add an additional hub world in the Adventure mode that is just Spyro stuff.
Also a Money Bags boss race would just be the best.
So looking out to the CTR fans on the board, is this something people wouldn't mind in the remake?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want new content, I want a faithful remaster tbh.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. Not a fan of the Spyro character designs anyway, and I'd prefer a remake that's more faithful to the original.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What you're looking for is a proper CTR sequel, with characters and stages from other Sony platformers.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I would be open to post game additions but initially the remake should be faithful.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Give me a GOOD online mode with battle mode AND couch coop online support!

And maybe a couple of new stages.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If they do not add content I'm not interested in CTR so I support this.

Too few tracks

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely, but in terms of importance for me, like I put in the other thread:
Adding the missing characters.
CNK tracks.
Spyro content.

The CTR roster always felt incomplete, and Oxide not being playable was silly.

CNK had some of the better tracks out of the two games, but it just wasn't as good as CTR. I don't really want every track from that, but there were some the deserve to make it in. Plus, assuming VV are doing it, they could be likely to put them in.

I'd be happy for Spyro content, but I don't think it should overshadow the Crash content. Maybe a track from each game, and Spyro, Ripto, and Moneybags as a racer from each class.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Just in case anyone is lost, CTR = Crash Team Racing. Even though we have the leak news, probably not everybody knows what that stands for :P

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
They should remaster the original for budget price 40$, then release a new one with additional characters, not just Spyro, try to get other 3rd parties on board too.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As long as everything else is faithful, sure, add as many characters as you like.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes yes yes. I'm 100% in favor of this.

Spyro and Hunter are really the only worthy characters though. Oh and Money Bags.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the hate for the Spyro characters
Spyro, Hunter and Moneybags are great

But I'm fine with a faithful remaster, just give me a good online mode

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
My priorities for a CTR remake would be:

1. For the game to be mechanically identical to the original or as close as possible
2. Nitrous Oxide to be playable
3. Add anything that was designed for CTR and playable but left out
4. Add content from other CTR games or new Crash-related content
5. Stuff from other games

I'm totally okay with them getting CTR right and then building upon it, but I want them to get it right first.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
That'd be great! Spyro, Elora, Bianca, Hunter, Moneybags, Sheila, Sgt.Byrd and Ripto would all fit in very well. The Spyro wider cast is a lot stronger than Crash so it might seem a bit strange if the game is under the Crash logo.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
No thanks. Not a fan of the Spyro character designs anyway, and I'd prefer a remake that's more faithful to the original.
Na I'm good.

Most of spyro characters suck anyway.
Scratch that, all of them do.

tenor.gif

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they'll nerf Penta Penguin or keep him as wonderfully broken as he used to be

As for the extra content... Hey, sure... As long as everything from the original functions as close as possible to how it used to, and if you can ignore any additional tracks/drivers if you want, then I'm fine with added stuff!

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
I would play as Moneybags, even though he'd probably be a heavy racer and i hate those ones.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the core gameplay remains the same and the classic tracks remain (Dingo Canyon ftw), they can add new stuff as extra content. As far as the unlocks and the general progression system goes I'd prefer having the original game's structure, and if there's Spyro characters, new tracks, modes, etc. I hope they're to be used in single races, multiplayer, etc.. I don't want them to change the game's campaign.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
So to all of the people saying you want a faithful remake instead of new content: You know those aren't mutually exclusive, right?

IzzyRX