• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The only life worth living is a fully-realized one, so if anyone is hating on you because youre trans just know you're one of the few people on earth brave enough to really do what's best for you

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Be happy, do what makes you happy, and everyone else will be happy with you, especially if you have struggled with yourself.
Overall, I'm happy for you! :)

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
<3Welcome<3

I'm so happy to hear this! It won't always be easy, but we're to support you, and most importantly - you're gonna be so happy!

Here's me two years ago - 41 years old, unhappy. I look like a Pokemon trainer. NO!

28699076_10156009307626007_9007337502963075787_o.jpg

Here's me now, at 43 - I don't look a ton different, but I don't have a beard anymore, and I'm happy kinda!!

118653506_10158543448791007_4179710463325157758_o.jpg

You're gonna be okay, and we're here for you!

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry that this has been so terrifying for you. But this is an opportunity for you to start living as your true self. Congratulations for the realization and good luck.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
So... yeah. It's 4AM, I'm coming off a mental breakdown about this and I'm not sure how to start this thread, but the title is basically it: I'm coming out as a trans woman. I want to be a girl, use she/her pronouns... I can't continue living as my AGAB.

Some context: I've been "questioning" (read: trying, and failing, to deny this) for like 2 years but since a few months ago, I've just fully accepted that I'm trans and that there's no shame on it. I really, really can't imagine a future where I continue living as a man, the idea of it alone is enough to make me consider you-know-what, and while I'm terrified of it, I definitely need to start taking steps towards my transition.

This is the first step, I guess. It's kinda funny how afraid and nervous I am of coming out to what's essentially a bunch of strangers on the internet, but well, it's good practice for when I have to come out irl at least? Would be kinda weird to pretend I'm brave enough to actually start HRT and all that jazz if I can't even write a thread here.

Anyways, I realize this might come as a shock to the bunch of you I talk to regularly on discord considering how I normally act, but well... I just hope this doesn't make things too awkward. I'm still the same weirdo I am regularly, don't worry about that (or sorry if you expected me to change like that!)

As to why this is a thread, to be honest, I think I needed to write this for myself more than for other people. I did consider just changing my gender in my profile and adding pronouns (that feature is awesome, btw!), but to do that without an explanation would probably weird out some people and now I get a thread to link to if anybody asks.

That's pretty much it from me, I just hope y'all can accept me still. I just want to be happy, and it's clear to me that I won't be able to unless I do this.
Heck yeah welcome to the cool kids club!!!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on this - I imagine this must be scary but also must feel amazing to finally be able to be who you are 😊 I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, but hope you find it everywhere you go

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
<3Welcome<3

I'm so happy to hear this! It won't always be easy, but we're to support you, and most importantly - you're gonna be so happy!

Here's me two years ago - 41 years old, unhappy. I look like a Pokemon trainer. NO!

28699076_10156009307626007_9007337502963075787_o.jpg

Here's me now, at 43 - I don't look a ton different, but I don't have a beard anymore, and I'm happy kinda!!

118653506_10158543448791007_4179710463325157758_o.jpg

You're gonna be okay, and we're here for you!

This Frasier shirt is choice as fuck.

Trans Rights!

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It has to feel like an incredible weight is lifted off your chest, and congrats for being you.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Whether you're coming out to strangers or any other community, it's a huge step toward living true to yourself. Congratulations, Lant! I'm proud of you.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
As long as you're still a... classic anus gamer... then you're still you. Glad you made the leap.

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh same

It can be tough sometimes, but I don't regret a damn thing. Being able to live genuinely means the world to me at this point

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
Congratulations! I know it seems scary at first, but it does get better. I also came out to Resetera first, when I started questioning. Posting it here first helped me gain the courage to talk to my therapist and partner about it. Now it's almost a year later and the happiest I've been in a very long time.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I remember coming out as gay for the first time to an internet friend when I was 13, 18 years ago. I was nervous and shakey at my keyboard, I wanted to vom, i asked him to be my internet boyfriend I don't know why, I knew zero other gay people besides him. I was scared. Very scared. And excited but scared.
That's exactly how I was yesterday, lol. Thankfully I've calmed down by now but it was a rush, got kinda overwhelmed by all the support (in a good way), it really made my day. Thank you all again <3

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Going to post this as well, as it's an important perspective and gave me a lot of comfort in facing transition and unpacking everything.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you are able to finally be who you really are! You are a brave and wonderful woman and I'm so happy for you!

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's great to hear! Don't let anyone put you down for who you are

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Congratulations!!! And sincere thanks for making this thread. I really appreciated reading your OP - it's beyond inspiring, and I hope you realize how much good you're putting into the world just by sharing who you are with others. Way to human, you goddamn rockstar.

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this with us Lant. ❤️ I just wanna say I've really enjoyed your presence on Era, you've brought so much great energy to our community and I'm wishing all the best for you going forward!!!