• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
So... yeah. It's 4AM, I'm coming off a mental breakdown about this and I'm not sure how to start this thread, but the title is basically it: I'm coming out as a trans woman. I want to be a girl, use she/her pronouns... I can't continue living as my AGAB.

Some context: I've been "questioning" (read: trying, and failing, to deny this) for like 2 years but since a few months ago, I've just fully accepted that I'm trans and that there's no shame on it. I really, really can't imagine a future where I continue living as a man, the idea of it alone is enough to make me consider you-know-what, and while I'm terrified of it, I definitely need to start taking steps towards my transition.

This is the first step, I guess. It's kinda funny how afraid and nervous I am of coming out to what's essentially a bunch of strangers on the internet, but well, it's good practice for when I have to come out irl at least? Would be kinda weird to pretend I'm brave enough to actually start HRT and all that jazz if I can't even write a thread here.

Anyways, I realize this might come as a shock to the bunch of you I talk to regularly on discord considering how I normally act, but well... I just hope this doesn't make things too awkward. I'm still the same weirdo I am regularly, don't worry about that (or sorry if you expected me to change like that!)

As to why this is a thread, to be honest, I think I needed to write this for myself more than for other people. I did consider just changing my gender in my profile and adding pronouns (that feature is awesome, btw!), but to do that without an explanation would probably weird out some people and now I get a thread to link to if anybody asks.

That's pretty much it from me, I just hope y'all can accept me still. I just want to be happy, and it's clear to me that I won't be able to unless I do this.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Perfectly_Valid.jpg

You go girl.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey girlfriend!! 🌸 Live your life, it's positively freeing when you love and pursue your true self – and I'm so happy you've found that! Thanks for sharing your story Lant_War!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Word! Good luck, and know we'll always be supportive and friendly here! ^^

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So... yeah. It's 4AM, I'm coming off a mental breakdown about this and I'm not sure how to start this thread, but the title is basically it: I'm coming out as a trans woman. I want to be a girl, use she/her pronouns... I can't continue living as my AGAB.

Some context: I've been "questioning" (read: trying, and failing, to deny this) for like 2 years but since a few months ago, I've just fully accepted that I'm trans and that there's no shame on it. I really, really can't imagine a future where I continue living as a man, the idea of it alone is enough to make me consider you-know-what, and while I'm terrified of it, I definitely need to start taking steps towards my transition.

This is the first step, I guess. It's kinda funny how afraid and nervous I am of coming out to what's essentially a bunch of strangers on the internet, but well, it's good practice for when I have to come out irl at least? Would be kinda weird to pretend I'm brave enough to actually start HRT and all that jazz if I can't even write a thread here.

Anyways, I realize this might come as a shock to the bunch of you I talk to regularly on discord considering how I normally act, but well... I just hope this doesn't make things too awkward. I'm still the same weirdo I am regularly, don't worry about that (or sorry if you expected me to change like that!)

As to why this is a thread, to be honest, I think I needed to write this for myself more than for other people. I did consider just changing my gender in my profile and adding pronouns (that feature is awesome, btw!), but to do that without an explanation would probably weird out some people and now I get a thread to link to if anybody asks.

That's pretty much it from me, I just hope y'all can accept me still. I just want to be happy, and it's clear to me that I won't be able to unless I do this.

It takes a lot of courage to come out in this manner, and it really shows the strength of your character. You should be proud of that. Self-discovery isn't easy, but it sounds like you've made incredible progress in that regard.

I recommend checking out the LGBTQEra and TransEra threads if you haven't already done so. Some good advice in there from fellow LGBTQ members.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Hey yeah I realized this recently as well! I'm glad you've figured it out, i know how hard it is and i'm proud of you for making it here!

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations and I hope that this supportive thread is as hard as it ever gets to come out for you!

Thank you for allowing us to share this moment with you <3

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Congratulations too taking the first step and hope you find happiness and strength in your journey.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Thank you all so much for the support!!! I really can't tell you all how much it means to me.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I only have love and joy, so happy for you! and so proud of you too ❤️❤️❤️

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on coming out! I also finally figured out who I really was and came out as nonbinary recently, it really is a great feeling to finally start living life as yourself!

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
good luck.

remember that all the negative bigoted people are dumb as shit, unempathetic losers, try to ignore them as best as you can. they arent worth giving any attention to, their moms probably dont even like them.

all the smart, decent empathic thinking humans support your journey.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish only the best for you OP, hope you find the support system you deserve in real life as well

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
This won't change anything on discord. You will be loved no matter what, you're a cornerstone of this community!