• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
That's wild, what are some other games that have had this problem? This is the first I've heard of it

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
"Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We're sorry if this means you can't play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do)."

This does not seem as aggressive as you wish to characterize it.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably Phenom lacks some features? That's usually the reason behind games dropping support for old cpus.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean theyre running that massive map + player count on old ass source engine, its not super surprising it wont run on lower end software. They said the hardest part of making the game was actually making it run

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah god forbid you can't play 2019 games on a processor launched in 2007.

What a fucking shit thread title that is dishonest.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is it because of that security thing? I vaguely remember an issue with MHW not running on certain AMD processors because of something like that, but they patched it out.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
what a normal, lucid reading of an incredibly violent and ugly event

Oct 25, 2017
We appreciate your patience while this was brought to EA and Respawn's attention.

Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We're sorry if this means you can't play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do).
Yeah, that really sounds like a "FUCK YOU"

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
EA AND RESPAWN betrayed the OPPRESSED AND BACKSTABBED PC userbase by NOT supporting my CPU!!!!!!

call Jim sterling.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
"Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We're sorry if this means you can't play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do)."

This does not seem as aggressive as you wish to characterize it.
Yeh I'm dizzy from the spin OP is putting on this.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The last Phenom came out 9 years ago. Maybe it's time to update. Ryzen is pretty good.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I get that it sucks that you can't play, but it shouldn't be expected for developers to go accommodate decade old hardware. It's nice if they do but shouldn't be expected.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
There was some other game that was also limited by the lack of some specific instruction on Phenom, but they did eliminate that requirement with a patch. Wish I remembered what game it was.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i get not being able to get a new pc/upgrade, but were talking about a 12 year old cpu.
and lol at the mischaracterization of their response.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how this, comes even close to the Hyperbole you listed.

We appreciate your patience while this was brought to EA and Respawn's attention.

Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We're sorry if this means you can't play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do). For information about the minimum and recommended PC requirements, please check out our article here (https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements).

Also that is basically the equivalent of bitching about not being able to play the game on your Xbox 360/PS3

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude the Phenom 2 came out in 2008. It's time to upgrade.

Imagine running this game on a Pentium 4 Duo

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
A bit much OP? I honestly don't think this is that big of an issue and should probably be handled elsewhere.

Maybe consider upgrading or playing on console?

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Minimum requirements have always been a thing in PC gaming. Lock this thread for misrepresenting what EA said.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
EA_Blueberry said:

Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We're sorry if this means you can't play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do). For information about the minimum and recommended PC requirements, please check out our article here (https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements).

aka "fuck you for being poor"

Status
Not open for further replies.