• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Trump get 4 more years in the White House?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I was 26 back in 2016, and I remember thinking Hillary has a more than great shot, email fiasco and Benghazi be damned. Then Trump actually did it. Four years later, I'm feeling confident about Biden but it's hard to trust that feeling. I was confident back in 2016, and now I know that doesn't mean shit in the long run.

What do y'all think, in the back of your head? I mean, last I heard, there's now conversations about if there'll even be a second presidential debate. I have no idea what's going on lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nah, he shit the bed and now he's rolling around in it

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty messed up and on some level I can't believe anything less than the worst case scenario will happen, even if things look pretty good for Biden. Feds seizing ballots to cast doubt on the results, Trump declaring himself president for life, widespread violence, bad times for everyone.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think him getting COVID and his stimulus comments pretty much killed any chance of him winning.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No.

Now cue the next several pages of posts telling everybody that says no to vote as if every person that participates in these threads doesn't vote.

less

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't winning through any legitimate reason with the way things are going and given that he isn't running against someone named Hillary there isn't much he can do turn things around.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
He still has a shot. Despite all the fuck ups. Wouldn't surprise if he wins it. I don't trust the polls. Go out and vote.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
No matter how sure both sides are that their candidate will win, they have to be at least partially prepared for a loss.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Like you - after 2016 to say I am gun shy would be an understatement for the ages.

But even I have to admit that this time really does feel different. Biden is leading in a lot of places and competitive in places he should not be. I think he is going to beat Trump, and handily.

The Senate I'm not so sure about.
And never underestimate what Trump could do post election to try and steal it. I just hope it doesn't reach those levels but who am I kidding.

I have never been this impatient, waiting for Election Day. I want and need this dystopian hellscape nightmare to END!!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect, there was no reason to be so confident in 2016. We assumed Trump was a joke, and he wasn't. We assumed Clinton's issues were just talking points, and they weren't. She still had an advantage, despite all that, but it wasn't as overwhelming an advantage as we thought. And if we could teleport back in time and look at the situation with clear eyes, it would have been as obvious then as it is now.

Now we are taking Trump seriously, we are realistic about Biden's issues, and we are being careful with how we're weighing polls and stating chances. And even with those caveats, it's still very unlikely for Trump to win again. We're not ignoring red flags, there just... aren't any.

It's never a done deal, but I wouldn't bet on him.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
There is no way in the world I thought Hillary would lose. Not even for a second. So yeah, vote.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I think him getting COVID and his stimulus comments pretty much killed any chance of him winning.

Same for his recent goldstar family, doesn't do him any favors either.

Republicans are trying to steal elections so I expect SCOTUS to fuck us if he can't figure out a easier way to do it. Only way to win is to be overwhelming or to take the EC in states that are unexpected.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to claim he won either way, but the bigger the blowout, the less convincing that's going to be overall.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
COVID stunt killed any chance of it, I am pretty sure. It's still like 70/30 though.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Even if he does win (which isn't looking likely), I don't think he has 4 years left in the tank. You don't fuck with covid and get away lightly, and uhh he doesn't sound too hot.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
If Covid never happened I would probably be sweating bullets. I didn't and still don't think Biden is a good candidate (already dreading 2022 and 2024) but not even 1984 Reagan could win if his inaction killed 200k Americans in less than a year. So, I'm pretty confident in Trump losing now. It seemed everything just broke his way in 2016, and it's the exact opposite now.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My opinion has gone back and forth over the past few months, but in recent weeks I'm thinking he's done.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
He almost certainly will lose the election. But that doesn't mean he won't find a way to cheat into a victory after the fact. He will definitely try.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
The pandemic sealed his fate. After how terrible his response has been, nothing he can do will help him win short of breaking the law.

He won by a small margin and that was before he was ever in politics so he had no record to speak of.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My opinion has gone back and forth over the past few months, but in recent weeks I'm thinking he's done.

Shit really does seem to change so quick. These few weeks leading to the election are going to feel like an eternity. Who knows how the public opinion might swing for who knows what reasons.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I thought he still had a slim shot but once he got covid and went full Kojima I don't think so anymore.

I already voted for Biden in CA, do the same wherever you are.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0% chance he wins legitimately. He will try to steal it afterwards if it's close so the only way to prevent it is an overwhelming defeat. Get all your friends to vote.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
no, but I see the senate still being GOP controlled (which will basically be as bad since no bills we be able to be passed essentially)

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
We have millions of people voting as early as they can to get him out of office. I say his chances of winning are not good

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I think if everyone who votes or goes out to vote actually has their votes counted and certified, there's no way he wins.

It mostly comes down to how well their voter suppression efforts and post-loss denials work as far as convincing anyone in the legal system.

OP
OP
Afrocious

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
In retrospect, there was no reason to be so confident in 2016. We assumed Trump was a joke, and he wasn't. We assumed Clinton's issues were just talking points, and they weren't. She still had an advantage, despite all that, but it wasn't as overwhelming an advantage as we thought. And if we could teleport back in time and look at the situation with clear eyes, it would have been as obvious then as it is now.

Now we are taking Trump seriously, we are realistic about Biden's issues, and we are being careful with how we're weighing polls and stating chances. And even with those caveats, it's still very unlikely for Trump to win again. We're not ignoring red flags, there just... aren't any.

It's never a done deal, but I wouldn't bet on him.

I get you on hindsight being 20/20. I'm not as confident about red flags not existing, but I see what you mean. It's less of something else happening with Trump or Biden fucks up majorly between now and election day, but more of how it's hard to have faith in the American population (dumbass folks + literal voter suppression).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like he's done but it also looked like Hillary was a sure thing. These last four years have left me completely cynical so I'm not gonna be surprised if he does win.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
If it's not fucked with somehow, or he challenges in court and wins, pretty good chance he loses.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
As an Australian with no real read on the entire situation.... I was scared last time that people were convinced Hillary had won and I'm terrified this time that the same thing is happening.

Insanity can't be reasoned with, and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see another tragedy.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Popular vote, less than 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance

The electoral college, well lets see how stupid things get next month

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I always assume the incumbent will win.
"Of the 45 who have held office, only ten presidents have failed to win re-election for a second term, when they have attempted to"
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.