• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How did your preorder went?

• Managed to preorder PS5

Votes: 1,268 62.8%
  • Managed to preorder PS5D

Votes: 321 15.9%
  • Did not manage to preorder, will keep trying

Votes: 196 9.7%
  • Did not manage to preorder, giving up for now

Votes: 182 9.0%
  • I will try getting one at launch without preorder

Votes: 52 2.6%

• Total voters

TheCommonDan

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon UK got a physical one. With £155 in amazon gift cards saved up its costing less than £300. Happy days! Conference rocked, the internet love it. Gonna be crazy on launch day.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I did thanks to that magic link to Amazon in the other thread.
I unfortunately had both in my cart, did a quick Google to absolutely confirm the only difference between the digital and other was the BluRay drive, and by the time I decided I would just go with the Digital it was gone, so I ordered the one with the drive even though it is not the one I preferred.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Idk, reserved a while back in June and recently traded in my PS4 there aswell. They are going to contact people on the list chronologicaly, and well haven't been called yet.

Doesn't look great for me :(

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but I bailed and didn't put through after all the crossgen news dropped. Sticking to my PS4 and PC for now.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Yup, got a disc version + Demon's Souls from Walmart. Can't say I've ever pre-ordered something from there so I hope it goes well.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I simply registered on the bestbuy and amazon pages.

So I got an email from bestbuy, clicked on the link, placed the order for the standard PS5. Success.

It was a DISASTER. (/s)

I think it's like most other launches, if you get through before a million people start DDoS the site pressing F5 every second, you'll be fine. There's always a point where the database is buckling and at that point it's usually already sold out anyway. Then you wait for the next wave, and a lot of cancellation free up stock because many are ordering from multiple places and cancel them later, just to be sure to get one.

Last edited:

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got my preorder in with Amazon. I was browsing the thread when Walmart and Target had their orders up, but I wanted to wait for Amazon. Meds kicked in and I passed out for a couple hours. I woke up, casually checked the thread again only to go into panic mode after seeing Amazon was already up securing me a disc version.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to think it's even lower then that. Nothing concrete, but I've been digging and asking stores about the digital edition and no store in my area has any.

Doesn't surprise me at all for 2 reason.

Demand was obviously super high for the PS5. If people are going to buy it no matter, why wouldn't you want the most expensive version stocked? I'm sure Sony was in contact with retailers on which version they'd be more interested in stocking.

When I preordered from gamestop(as I'm sure they did with everyone) they gave me a sheet with all the games and accessories. The digital edition is a shot in the foot if you're also selling disks, which everyone is. The only one that should want more digital editions is Sony's own store.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Was trying and failing to get a Best Buy order for store pickup, but I successfully got one in at Amazon. I also got the Sony preorder invite in one of the later waves, I'm sort of tempted to see how that goes and get my Amazon one to a friend.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Got a disc-based PS5 last night from Amazon around 11:55 PM (thanks to a user who reverse engineered the URL)!

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
got the disc version from walmart (in store pickup) and a second disc version at target (shipping).

I won't keep both, so I will cancel one of them (the one that won't be here on time), or sell at cost for a friend.

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020
Despite my hesitance to do business with Walmart, I locked one in with them. I know people said they had cancellations, but mine still seems active. I tried Target, Best Buy, and Amazon afterward because I prefer them, but wasn't able to get it with any of them... so I'm happy I jumped on Walmart. Fingers crossed it works out. I had a friend who said his Switch preorder went through without any issues on Walmart, so I'm hopeful.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I called my local gamestop last night before it closed and he says they aren't taking preorders till tomorrow so I wait outside before it opens today only for him to tell me they sold out last night I'm pissed but I'll get it when I can

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Missed out, but once I found out that everything was cross-gen minus DeS I wasn't so bummed out. I mostly wanted Horizon 2.

I don't need Demons Souls Remake day one. I'll wait for more exclusive games to come out and just stick to my PC/PS4/Switch for now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got in pretty fast after GAME opened their orders and confirmation came within minutes. I think I was lucky as the shit storm seemed to follow shortly after. I did however order it while trying to finish a raid on FFXIV with one hand and my phone in the other. Soon as I saw it was live I wasn't taking any risks

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Got Digital Edition from Amazon Germany. I'm surprised at the difference between physical and digital, that has to be stock differences because preorders have ran out almost everywhere.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I got cucked on it last night and I'm more mad about how it happened than the fact that I didn't get one. My friends and I were refreshing the BB page until like 1 in the morning and right when I finally got to the 'Place Order' button, my internet went completely kaput, so I had to call it a day and went to sleep at like 2.

I woke up in the morning and my other 2 buddies managed to get it to work at like 2:30 and 3. Literally lost my preorder because Spectrum went out at the WORST possible time.

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020
Through sheer luck I saw the the Amazon link and got my PS5 preordered, this is why I love Era. Couldn't have done it without this place!

Basically the same for me. I was on Reddit seeing people's stories of calling GameStops and Targets to get more info. I was on hold with my local Best Buy and then jumped to the thread here and saw people claiming success on Walmart. I had NEVER THOUGHT to check Walmart (I live in NYC and we don't have Walmart), but sure enough, I secured one there.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a disc version from Target and a digital version for a friend who was stuck in night classes from Walmart.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered both from Best Buy. Idk if I'll actually keep it but it's nice that I secured one incase I change my mind

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So 80% of people who have tried in the first 24h on this forum have managed to get one? Those are pretty damn good odds.

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
I got one, but not the one I wanted. I got the standard but wanted the DE as I only buy digital games.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
Yep, got a standard PS5 from the Amazon link in the megathread :) I'm super excited I managed to get an order in.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Managed to preorder two disc versions here in Germany. First one from Saturn (which I now cancelled) and then one on Amazon.de when they opened their pre-orders shortly after. Super lucky I stayed up. It's a mess, if you were already sleeping you had no chance at getting in an order stress-free, gotta rely on people cancelling their orders or new allocations being made available which means lots of F5ing throughout the day.

Also I would never just show up at a local shop on release day without a pre-order. Not after what happened with the PS4 over here haha. I would rather just take the L and wait for new stock online.
www.youtube.com

PS4 Release Run on Media Markt Europe Compilation

PlayStation 4 release run in german speaking Europe on 29.11.2013.Locations: Pforzheim, Schorndorf, Albstadt/Ebingen, Bochum, Innsbruck, TrierSources:http://...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yes I got mine at Walmart.ca and another on Amazon just in case. My friends were pushing me so hard because of limited quantity.