• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How did your preorder went?

• Managed to preorder PS5

Votes: 1,268 62.8%
  • Managed to preorder PS5D

Votes: 321 15.9%
  • Did not manage to preorder, will keep trying

Votes: 196 9.7%
  • Did not manage to preorder, giving up for now

Votes: 182 9.0%
  • I will try getting one at launch without preorder

Votes: 52 2.6%

• Total voters

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep got one via Walmart.

Never had any expensive electronics shipped to me via walmart tho...so I'm a bit nervous. Anyone had any good experiences with them?

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I'm kinda hoping i can still order one Friday but, I doubt it.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yup, in person at Gamestop...It's gonna be a crazy launch, but don't worry too much guys, a lot more stock will be available than PS4. And even PS4 wasn't that hard to find. It was hard, but it wasn't like Wii.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Got me a nice Amazon preorder after two hours of bullshit on Best Buy. I also got that email from PlayStation but I'll be giving that preorder to my cousin or friend depending on who is okay with getting it from PlayStation directly.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Yes, I was able to get an order in at Amazon last night via the link some kind souls on here were sharing. I still have a slight amount of anxiety that Amazon will cancel the order, but it is still in my order history. Had to get the $500 edition as the DE was sold out, but that's okay. I'm sure I'd miss having a disc drive if I didn't. Right? Maybe not...

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Ended up with 4

I got two digitals from Walmart but I wanted two Disc versions so I had to hunt down disc versions so I could cancel the digitals. I ended up finding them hours later and I'm going to cancel the digitals but I will wait until I know I'm good, I don't want to cancel the digitals then for some reason my disc preorders have issues.

My bank completely blocked me for 24 hrs because they said I tried over $5000 in charges trying to get them.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I landed a Standard from Target and a DE from Amazon. Leaning towards keeping the DE and putting that extra $100 towards a Series X pre-order next week. Don't need two consoles with disc drives.

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
I only got a DE at 0.30 last night and it was difficult and I was fucking tired this morning. Then I got a regular one from amazon this morning with 0 problem. You just had to be there at 11AM. The site was not even lagging. Very impressive showing from aws :)
I will cancel one of them in the coming week so that another slot can open for a fellow gamer. No scalping here.

Oct 27, 2017
I slept in for UK pre-orders.
I would be upset about it but I'm taking it as a £450 win for my wallet.

If i can't get one this year I'll be OK and I'll get one in early 2021.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Disk version from Target. DE from Amazon. I only want the DE, but keeping both pre orders until I know the one I want will be available.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Got a digital edition from a super early order from Walmart.

Following Wario64 on Twitter (with alerts on) is highly recommended for a hardware launch.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
By the way OP, you should've had a poll option for the people who won the PS Direct lottery and got an email to order from Sony this weekend.

luuksky

Dec 8, 2018
I put in my order at Gamestop Italy a few hours after the show. The 'we don't guarantee delivery before Christmas' message on their site does not instill a lot of confidence.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
got a disc PS5 from Target.
I never buy from Target but when I saw preoders going up right after the conference I smelled shit, saw it was still available and decided I wasn't going to test my luck with Amazon or Best Buy.
they even say ''arriving Nov 13-18'' but I really don't care, I'm just glad I got the version I wanted right away, without any hassle.

AngryMoth

Oct 25, 2017
Got one from amazon this morning. I was 100% sure I was going for the digital edition until I saw that games will be £70, but now instead I opted for the disc version plan to sell on most of the games I get

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Got a disc-based system through Walmart right after the show.

If you're still hunting for a pre-order, give Wario64 a follow on Twitter and turn on notifications. He's been really good about letting people know as soon as links are live.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Luckily yes. Woke up, checked my phone, found pre-orders were open, ordered one, 6 minutes later soldout lol.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Refreshed local retailer for 1,5 hours until they launched the pre-order page. GOT 'EM. Missed out on the first retailer selling out in 5 minutes.

Mar 3, 2018
@anyone who got one

119673480_1030673614047932_5753014996131393044_n.jpg

SafeTScissors

May 1, 2020
Got a Disc version through Walmart. Not going to lie, I'm still worried it'll be canceled any minute and I'll be left high and dry, but it hasn't happened yet.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I got 3 currently preordered, all disc version. Walmart, Target, and Amazon

I was super worried about Walmart cancelling so when Target opened, I grabbed that quick.

Then I waited for Amazon because I figured it would be the most solid and reliable choice.

A friend was trying to order it on best buy and was never able to, so I'm giving one of my preorders to him and will either cancel or find someone who needs it for the other one (unless I get any late cancels or delays or something)

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wanted a digital but I once I saw the amazon link I was clicking so fast and ended up with a disk version. Not complaining lmao at least I got one!

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Got a regular PS5 at Amazon but I don't even want it. I want a digital one and will keep trying to order one.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
I did! 1 for me and 1 for me kids like planned. I actually have 3 on order so I can decide where is best, walmart, target and Amazon. Hoping to cancel all 3 and secure 2 for a midnight launch somewhere but I missed gamestop by about 3 customers :( atleast I got 2!

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Got lucky with Amazon the moment it went live at around 12:30 am, which was technically the next day.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
Was able to snag one early am at Amazon.

Anyone who was out of luck, i highly recommend setting up alerts at the below sites. Makes it a little easier since stock is updated multiple times a day randomly.

nowinstock
zooalert

vicegold

Oct 27, 2017
Got a preorder with saturn.de in Germany. Still think something goes wrong and I won't get one this year. The anxiety is real.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I got very lucky with those Amazon links after bashing my head against Best Buy's checkout for a couple hours. PS5 DE is locked down. Briefly had a second controller ordered but I decided that money would be better going toward Demon's Souls right now.