• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I think so. I think they learned a lot of shit from Horizon and will use that to make the next Killzone not only a visual showpiece, but a much better game than Shadowfall.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit. Can we just have a remake of 2 with all the bells and whistles to match that one infamous trailer?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Sony doesn't play 4D chess with these kind of stuff.

Just like Cerny mentioning Jak or Dead Space during his PS5 Deep Dive didn't mean shit.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would love a KZ with 4K, RT and what not. GG is one of my fav studios and Shadowfall still holds up pretty well visually.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't need a new Killzone, just give me 4k/60 of K2 MP and I'm set for the whole lifespan of ps5. Why yes thank you.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Remember the time when there was a Crash sign on a post in a PlayStation video that fans believed indicated that Sony brought the IP from Activision?

file_6848_crash1.jpg

The answer is nothing more than a nod

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
If we get a new Killzone it has to be a VR game. Anything first person from Sony has to be made with VR in mind. Otherwise they're simply doing it wrong.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I would love a new Killzone, even if just a MP only game. Really enjoyed all the past Killzone games since 2. Definitely needs more love (and should have sold better, probably would sell better now).

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Really doubt it haha.. though maybe. A nice Remaster of 2 and 3 with ray tracing would be welcome.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Remember that time Shawn Layden wore a Vib Ribbon shirt on stage at E3 and everyone assumed that meant there was a new Vib Ribbon game or something happening, but he just thought it would be a cute nod to PlayStation's legacy?

Everyone got so upset that he greenlit a remaster as an apology, but the point is not everything means anything.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I can hear the sound of a multiplayer kill now, so good. The weight of the characters, the balance of the guns, and the multiplayer maps were all great in Killzone 2 and 3. I remember having amazing matches all the time playing these games.

Shadowfall would maybe have been great with another 6 months or year of production, but man those multiplayer maps and modes were awful! Still, I'd buy another Killzone for sure.

Old school TDM that's actually balanced would be a godsend, but apparently that's too much to ask for these days-or not what the kids are into anymore. Killzone always had amazing visuals so that would be enough to sell it. The lore too, just a great shooter and while Resistance was solid too back then, Killzone is just way cooler and a more interesting world.

Aug 12, 2019
I really hope Guerilla revisits Killzone at some point on PS5 and gets a chance to make a better title than Shadow Fall (which I liked more than most, but a big part of it was lack of prior Killzone experience plus being in love with the PS4 at launch).

In general I hope Sony is more willing to revisit some older IPs this generation since they have such great access to them. Gran Turismo 7 and Ratchet and Clank being up front as big releases on PS5 is amazing, but I'd love to see some developers revisit their old franchises or have new developers step up and give them another shot.

Also, please, please, please GIVE RESISTANCE ANOTHER SHOT!