• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Yes, actually, Nintendo typically develops the best games in most genres, Smash, Arms back 2 back. They also innovate existing genres, Splatoon in a league of its own.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't really think that's necessarily true. Certainly doesn't mean an opinion is stirring up shit.
Hey! I missed it the first time but I never said it was the opinion that stirs shit up, but the posting of a divisive topic and not even engaging in said topic. Had OP actually been participating in the discussion they created then of course I'd have said nothing. People creating topics that are bound to be divisive and never replying has happened before and is quite annoying.
Misquoted? The problems with Smash lackluster online and input latency can't be overlooked, plenty of people seem to be very disappointed with how online works right now regarding matchmaking and connections.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I don't agree at all, but the quality of modern fighting games is so high that you can pick a game at random and it'll be at least very good if not excellent. The times of stinkers like Rise Of The Robots are long gone.

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Implying that if you are you aren't a Nintendo exclusive gamer you would never think that Smash is the best fighter this year or that your opinion would be skewed in some way?
I mean since I don't particularly care for smash style gameplay, then yes, that would come in to play as the only other thing to attract me would be the fact that it's a massive Nintendo crossover game. But since most of the characters are folks I don't hold as much love in my heart for anymore, then yeah I'd say it 100% has a sway on my opinion

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
2018 yes

Smash Ultimate is amazing in terms of design with a couple of exceptions (online matchmaking)

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
ARMS, released in 2017, was a nice surprise with great graphics and a inovative gameplay.

Smash, released last week... well, probably the best fighting game this gen. And one of the best fighting game of all times.
I guess that's one opinion. I personally think ARMS is a joke compared to something like Tekken 7 or Injustice 2. As for this year, I vastly prefer DB Fighterz and Soul Calibur VI to Smash. Then again, I don't have an intense fondness for the franchise or the Nintendo characters like a lot of people do.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
2017 shouldn't even be a discussion; Tekken 7 by far blows anything out of the goddamn water.

2018... maybe.. I still think UNIST is better, but you also have DBFZ. DBFZ has some problems in its own right, but Smash U had to fuck things up for itself by launching with online in the state that it's in. If Nintendo manages to unfuck Smash U's online by the end of the year, then I'll probably give it v. DBFZ another thought

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Given the OP has zero explanations for why they think what they do this thread is being closed.

Please put some effort into a thread when creating it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.