• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I am expecting a lot of love for animals and wish you were here. I will say my personal favorite is meddle, love that album.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
That's an odd way to type Wish You Were Here. Particularly given you type it correctly later on.

OP
OP
Morrison71

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to back off this argument. No other Pink Floyd album can be in sync with Wizard of Oz like dark side.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Another vote for Animals. Sorry OP.

The Wall is better than Dark Side too, tbh. Possibly Meddle and Wish You Were Here too...

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Animals and Wish You Were Here, but that's not an indictment of Dark Side of the Moon. It's just that Wish You Were Here is in my top 5 of all time.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the Wall for me.

Although that album(and the Final Cut) are more Roger Waters albums than Pink Floyd.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The Wall is my favorite, but yeah, Dark Side is definitely my favorite musically and such a lyrically hard hitting and cohesive album. Animals, Wish you Were here are also amazing, and I love Meddle. Echoes is easily one of my favorite Floyd songs, I have strong memories of falling asleep to the Vinyl, only to be woken up by the creepy crows in the middle of Echoes. Amazing group.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
DSotM is one of the all-time greatest albums. I listen to it front to back at least once every couple of months. I have the original vinyl, a CD from about 30 years ago, and the Super Audio CD remaster from about 12 ago. Needless to say, its pretty much flawless.

I love WYWH and Animals, too, but nothing tops DSotM to me.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing. And so well produced. But i prefer the earlier albums. By a lot.
Meddle, Athom Heart Mother, A Saucerful of Secrets, Ummagumma are my favorites.
God i tripped so hard on some of these songs.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Side is incredible, but for me it's Animals. I really love Meddle too, OP.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
The discrepancy between the thread title and your post is making me lose my mind.

Also it's The Wall.
Also this is now an underappreciated Pink Floyd songs thread

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
My personal favorite is very specifically "Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81".

The Wall was meant to be experienced as close to a live performance as possible, and that version of the album just elevates it so much.

is-there-anybody-out-there-the-wall-live-1980-81.jpg

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Yes

But I have a soft spot for the wall. I watched the movie one time when I was tripping on robitussin and it was epic

OneEyedKing

Oct 25, 2017
Animals is probably my favorite. If you want a spicy hot take then mine is that The Final Cut is not only under-appreciated, but I'd say it's a top 3 Pink Floyd album.

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium
Animals is my favorite. Dogs and Pigs are amazing. I REALLY wished there exists a version of Pigs where the ending jam would go on for a couple more minutes instead of segueing into Sheep.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The Wall
Animals
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Wish You Were Here
Meddle

Top 6
Echoes is the best song though.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My hippie high school english teacher didn't spend a whole week of class listening and discussing it for nothing

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Animals, WYWH, and Dark Side are my absolute favorites. Meddle is really good as well.

I'm not a fan of The Wall, in general. There are definitely some classic songs on there, and I usually love big, theatrical albums, but overall, it is the least of the "classic" PF albums for me.

And Dogs is far and away my favorite Pink Floyd song. Just sublime.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
+1 for Animals but it's a very tight thing picking the best PF album. Some days it's Meddle, other days it's The Wall. Animals just squeaks it for me most days though.

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
I switch between DSotM, WYWH and Animals.

Obscured By Clouds is also a great album, it really bridges Dark Side with everything that came before.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
As someone who doesn't know anything about Pink Floyd, I assume it is since it's the only album from them that I know of

Cosmic A

Aug 18, 2018
Dark Side of the Moon has a special place to me as my first PF album but yeah, it's really hard to pin down a favorite. As someone said, it can change depending on when you ask.

Even favorite song can change. Time, echoes, Pigs, WYWH....

Efreeti

Banned
Jul 5, 2019
Animals is probably my favorite. If you want a spicy hot take then mine is that The Final Cut is not only under-appreciated, but I'd say it's a top 3 Pink Floyd album.
Agreed. Of course there's so many great albums to choose from, but The Final Cut has a beautiful poetry to it. The album concept seems also pretty relevant today (Edit: dealing with loss, trauma, hope).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great album, along with WYWH and Animals, but it's The Wall.

You're certainly welcome to feel differently but The Wall is the best album ever made so...

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
I would probably give it to the Wall, or Animals. But Dark Side is definitely up there. The problem is, it's up there with like four to five other albums. I gave up ranking them. They're all fucking great.