• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I dont know if the keep is still active but it would be nice just to have your own tapestry and stuff i guess. Cant see myself ever replaying DA2 though. The game itself replays DA2 over and over and over.
The keep still works. Well last year it did because I made a new tapestry for Origins and Da 2 since I didnt feel like playing 2 lol.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
as i said i never killed leliana so not really. now i have a reason for a replay i guess. maybe i will finally do the total asshole playthrough i always wanted to (and always give up immediately because i cant bring myself to be evil in games and specially not in DA where you can be such a monumental bastard)
Yeah, everytime I try to be mean, just seeing the companions reactions, I just can't continue

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I always have some cold sweats when I read "name-of-NPC greatly disapproves" while making big decisions. Except if it's Vivienne, I respect her and think she looks amazing, but she can fuck off. On my most recent playthrough, I've been having really low-approval with her, and it's amazing how fucking petty and shady she gets, ahah!

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
So, the reason most of the Mages in DA2 go mental is partly because of the city itself

dragonage.fandom.com

Band of Three

The Band of Three was a group of scholars vowed to researching the history of Kirkwall during and prior to the Tevinter occupation. The Seekers of Truth in Kirkwall secretly created the Band of Three to investigate why there are so many blood mages in the city, the nature of the Veil there and...

Kirkwall, originally called Emerius, is suspected to maybe at one point have been the ritual site for where the magsiters entered the Black City

The city is constructed in such a way that the sewers are very clearly designed for channeling blood downwards, and during the Teviniter Emperium, an unusually high number of slaves would disappear there

its also home to a demon called Xebenkeck- one of the demons who taught humans blood magic.

Its a giant demonic magic conduit. Which is why so much crazy shit happens there

*edit* I love Dragon Age lore haha

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I always have some cold sweats when I read "name-of-NPC greatly disapproves" while making big decisions. Except if it's Vivienne, I respect her and think she looks amazing, but she can fuck off. On my most recent playthrough, I've been having really low-approval with her, and it's amazing how fucking petty and shady she gets, ahah!

i usually tried my best to not upset my companions too. even vivienne in the few times i used her, i didnt think it was that hard to not step on her toes all the time, but granted i didnt use her that much.

except morrigan, since anything but kicking a puppy upsets her. screw morrigan. "morrigan disapproves" yeah savour it, theres more coming

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Playing DA:I as Lavellan really is just an exercise in self-torture. "Haha the Dalish are stupid. Ew, elves are lame. Why can't you assimilate and worship the Maker? Everything you know is wrong. Here are a bunch of elves shitting on the Dalish. Oh, your whole clan got unceremoniously offed in a war table mission and you didn't even notice because you don't read the text? Lol. By the way your gods are fake and the tattoos you wear to honour them are actually slave markings. Fuck you."

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
i usually tried my best to not upset my companions too. even vivienne in the few times i used her, i didnt think it was that hard to not step on her toes all the time, but granted i didnt use her that much.

except morrigan, since anything but kicking a puppy upsets her. screw morrigan. "morrigan disapproves" yeah savour it, theres more coming

Honestly it wasn't made on purpose, I was just being myself, and explaining my beliefs to her, she just so happens to not align with them much and makes that very clear. I do always get a slightly better approval once I complete her character quests though, and she warms up a bit more then. But yeah, ideologically, politically, we are dramatically different and I'll seldom concede her much points in that regard.

As for Morrigan... Honestly I don't know, I'm kinda neutral about her. All I know is that I'll never ever let her drink from the well of sorrows, for sure, damn shemlen trying to get in on elvhen artifacts/power!

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly it wasn't made on purpose, I was just being myself, and explaining my beliefs to her, she just so happens to no align with them much and makes that very clear. I do always get a slightly better approval once I complete her character quests though, and she warms up a bit more then. But yeah, ideally, politically, we are dramatically different and I'll seldom concede her much points in that regard.

As for Morrigan... Honestly I don't know, I'm kinda neutral about her. All I know is that I'll never ever let her drink from the well of sorrows, for sure, damn shemlen trying to get in on elvhen artifacts/power!
Yeah, I really like Morrigan's development but am also kinda neutral on her character, she kind of reminds me of Solas were she acts like she knows everything but honestly doesn't actually have the knowledge to back it up and can be quite cruel to others. The times when she's kinder are better and I hope we get more of that side of her. Also I'm kind of scared of that Well if Sorrow and think Morrigan will really regret drinking from it so let her take the fall, though I may end of changing my mind on this

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
The dlc gets rid of the single biggest issue with the main game: the padding. I've always maintained that DAi was a masterpeice 80 hour game stuck inside a post skyrim 'we need to have 150+ hours of gameplay' open world rpg.

This is nearly exactly how I like to describe Inquisiton but shifting the numbers around (a lot). Inquisition is killer 30-40 hour RPG trapped under 70 extra hours of MMO fluff and why repeat playthroughs are very difficult to even want to undertake. I started a second playthrough but still got lost in minutae in the hinterlands and haven't left that area and ended up getting side tracked as I tend to do.

I wasn't really impressed by the two 'other' DLCs. Jaws of Hakkon was still largely a big open world MMO fluff DLC and the area story and design didn't exactly hook me a lot or even made much of an impression. It was pseudo-vikings and not much else to me. Maybe the Solas-romance adds a different flavor to the entire thing given what people have said about it but coming to that DLC long *long* after that fact in a post-game Qunari Inquisitor, the story of Jaws was completely nonplussing.

Descent is mediocre with a cool neat lore dump towards the end but as someone that has always had a fondness for the Deep Roads and their aesthetic (I always liked that section story-telling wise in Origins), I didn't mind it as much. Being much shorter and combat dungeon crawling focused helped reduce the "MMO fluff" feeling nature of the game.

Trespasser is good. But honestly the way people constantly hyped up Trespasser probably warped my expectations for it to do a bit more. It's absolutely a neat epilogue DLC but the way people talk about it make it seem much more meaty and chewy storytelling wise than it honestly ends up being. General spoilers for trespasser just in case: It's just sort of a lot of humming-and-hawing until the big five minute final encounter with Solas at the end of the DLC. The entire meat and impact of that DLC is all concentrated in its closing moments and everything before that is largely just... okay and serving as light epilogue and seeing characters again in a post-game context .

I like Inquisition a good bit but I only played through it fully the once at launch and any nuance or details in the storytelling is largely gone to me now aside from the big *big* moments. And also Morrigan but I can literally never say no to Morrigan. I still genuinely like Inquisition a lot and it was cool to see Loghain again. Sorry Hawke, I can't let my man Loghain go.

I started a second character, lady elf (for very obvious reasons), but never got very far with that second playthrough as I said. I will try to get back around to it once I burn through a lot of these game pass games I'm going through. I do feel a bit disconnected/jaded in a lot of the discourse around the game because, epsecially going into Inquisition, I just don't care much for Bioware romance writing anymore. So much of it feels like dating sim + extra RPG attached as far as many conversations seem to go so if you're not into the romancing stuff it feels like you miss a huge huge portion of the character writing. Though it's a bit ironic for me to say that cause I will, as I said, literally never say no to Morrigan but I guess that's cause Origins hit at the different moment for me and I'm now just not as much into the romance stuff.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I love putting Briala & Celene in charge together equally. I know I maybe shouldn't, Celene can be hella trash, but I just love a power lesbian couple, and I love reconciliation, can't help it. Also, same for Leliana as Divine, but only if she's softened. Hardened Divine Leliana is a whole can of worms I'd rather never open, eesh!

Filth.

Gaspard in charge all day, every day. He's such a bro. He also keeps his word.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
There are only 4 valid templars and they are Alistair, Carver, Samson and Barris. All the others are GARBAGE.

Also Aveline sucks there I said it.

Why you say that like it's arguable? She sucks hard.

Taking her into the fade as mage Hawke made that abudantly clear even before the nonsense with the guards.

I forgot did in the lore is it still unclear if the Maker actually exists or not?

Pretty sure that's meant to be vague. Even Solas is pretty I dunno to the Maker existing.

Least with Morrigan you can throw gifts at her til she stops whining. Everyone else though ugh.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Trespasser is incredible, especially if you're a playing as an elf female who romanced Solas. Alix Wilton Regan's performance is incredible.

I forgot did in the lore is it still unclear if the Maker actually exists or not?

All sorts of implications for now, but truthfully the game set up the lore in a way that it is both viable for both the Maker to exist and not exist.

I do not think this is something that they would specifically resolve in a definitive manner.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

You should try a walkthrough where all the party members hate the Inquisitor.

It's amazing. You get to punch people, lol.

Mar 9, 2018
If the Maker exists, he doesn't care about you or me. And you shouldn't care about him either. What's the point of worshipping somone who "ghosted" all living beings?

Andraste though, she existed (proven by the temple ghosts). She is far more worthy of being called a god. She actually helped the people. And she was barbecued for it.

OP
OP
Lunchbox

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
The Ameridan & Drakon mixed with the Hakkon stuff is sinking into me, it's pretty exceptional too.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Only played the base game. I'm not a lore person more of a character driven person. I liked inquisition in 2014, but I never returned to it after finishing main game.

OP
OP
Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Only played the base game. I'm not a lore person more of a character driven person. I liked inquisition in 2014, but I never returned to it after finishing main game.
I think many people would recommend trespasser to you as it wraps up some things :-)

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
I am replaying the game right now. It is a better game in a lot of aspects that i remember but that is probably because i am in no hurry to go through the main story. It is very enjoyable to just jump in for a few hours and explore an area. Next time try another area etc. The art in this game is really good (especially those cards they are amazing). Never did play the dlc but i checked on origin and they are 30 so i guess i will pass for now (always a problem with pricing and dlc on origin for some reason they never seem to drop much).

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019

Bioware has said they will never reveal that. They want it to remain ambiguous.

Filth.

Gaspard in charge all day, every day. He's such a bro. He also keeps his word.

I mean, if by 'bro' you mean a deeply racist,homophobic, imperialist, paternalistic douche who makes a big deal about honour and then attacks people who can't possibly fight back, and constantly cheats because he can't win on his merits alone.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I'd like to point out that playing Jaws of Hakkon as an elvhen mage having romanced Solas, gives it a whole another dimension to it entirely. The parallels between the two main characters of Jaws of Hakkon and Lavellan & Solas are glaringly obvious and all the more heartbreaking and sad. Especially if you play it right after Solas broke up with your Lavellan.

Ameridan being an elvhen mage Inquisitor, and Telana being an elvhen dreamer mage, and their love being utterly beautiful yet tragic, definitely wasn't unnoticed to anybody playing a Lavellan romancing Solas.

The fact Solas has a ton of dialogues during this DLC, and always speaks first as well, is very telling. This was clearly made on purpose.

Sigh....I need to start Solavellan playthrough, aren't I ?

Well plenty of time before DA4 drops.

Scout Harding better be a companion in the DA4 reboot.

Speaking of S.Harding, it took me a longggggg time (and multiple playthrough) to realize she is a dwarf....I thought she was just standing in lower elevation when talking to you...

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Leliana is totally the best pick for divine, she even come back to life to prove it!

I was really happy with Cassandra being Divine on my playthrough, esp. with her being romanced. It makes for really great conversations in Trespasser. My Leliana is happy adventuring with my DAO Warden, probably breeding an army of nugs.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Why you say that like it's arguable? She sucks hard.

Taking her into the fade as mage Hawke made that abudantly clear even before the nonsense with the guards.

You'd be amazed how many people (mostly men) tout her as the ultimate Stronk Female Character(TM) because she's not conventionally attractive and swings a sword, like that makes up for her being fucking garbage.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know I know, the zones in DA:I aren't as intractable as something like Witcher and like...

But fuck it, the areas in DA:I are still some of the most beautiful Fantasy locales in gaming. Even playing now, years later, I think they hold up.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Isabela's best character trait was constantly sticking it to Aveline.

But yeah, Inquisition's DLC is fucking brilliant and if DA4 is even half as good, we're in for a treat.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I know I know, the zones in DA:I aren't as intractable as something like Witcher and like...

But fuck it, the areas in DA:I are still some of the most beautiful Fantasy locales in gaming. Even playing now, years later, I think they hold up.
Art direction, yo. I'm playing through The Witcher 3 atm, and while it is a gorgeous game and the map is sprawling and very lived in, I prefer the art direction of Inquisition. It's more stylized and the use of colors, the various locations, and the ambiance of each location is more my aesthetic.

OP
OP
Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
the audacity of this lighting the trail markers quest, I hope I'm about to fight another dragon!!

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Imagine thinking Gaspard isn't a POS who deserves to be scraped entirely from the face of Thedas, couldn't be me!
Yet he isn't the one that burned down an entire slum full of elves or that killed all their own elhven servants to hide the fact they were going to assassinate the then emperor so they could gain the throne and then used that to gain sympathy? Celene does the same or worse things then Gaspard, she just has so much better propaganda that she sometimes even believes herself

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yet he isn't the one that burned down an entire slum full of elves or that killed all their own elhven servants to hide the fact they were going to assassinate the then emperor so they could gain the throne and then used that to gain sympathy? Celene does the same or worse things then Gaspard, she just has so much better propaganda that she sometimes even believes herself

Oh definitely, but I'd rather deal with Celene still. Although I find it easier to manipulate her through Briala while openly advancing Elvhen rights, it's purely political here. Ideally, I'd rather have Briala, like I said earlier, but realistically, this option has lesser chances for stability, prosperity and actual changes that are here to stay forever. Briala alone would get herself killed in the blink of an eye, and elves would go back to being an even lesser class than they already are.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
iv been wanting to play through the full trillogy again since quarantine started, but there are always rumors of a remaster/rerelease, so i keep waiting.

The DLC in Inquisition was some of the most satisfying stuff i played last gen.
So much revealed about the greater lore of the DA universe, and Trespasser hit just too hard for elven inquisitors.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Oh definitely, but I'd rather deal with Celene still. Although I find it easier to manipulate her through Briala while openly advancing Elvhen rights, it's purely political here. Ideally, I'd rather have Briala, like I said earlier, but realistically, this option has lesser chances for stability, prosperity and actual changes that are here to stay forever. Briala alone would get herself killed in the blink of an eye, and elvhens would go back to being an even lesser class than they already are.
You don't have the option for Briala alone what you do have an option for us having Briala as the real power behind the throne of Gaspard and she absolutely pushes elhven rights forward. Celene has too much history of doing a little for elhven rights then sliding back when it's convenient for her, as well as being abusive and manipulative to Briala that I don't want her near her. Though I am also partial to allowing all of them to live as a public truce and then them going back to their war after because then Orlais is in a weaker position and are less able to invade Nevarra and Fereldan , and even though Celene will say politically she isn't for expansionism, it sounds at the end she is absolutely gearing up for that because it maintains her power.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You don't have the option for Briala alone what you do have an option for us having Briala as the real power behind the throne of Gaspard and she absolutely pushes elhven rights forward. Celene has too much history of doing a little for elhven rights then sliding back when it's convenient for her, as well as being abusive and manipulative to Briala that I don't want her near her. Though I am also partial to allowing all of them to live as a public truce and then them going back to their war after because then Orlais is in a weaker position and are less able to invade Nevarra and Fereldan , and even though Celene will say politically she isn't for expansionism, it sounds at the end she is absolutely gearing up for that because it maintains her power.

There I don't agree though. Having Briala pushing for elvhen rights through Gaspard is nowhere near enough to me. I mean, it gets some of the job done, but it also severely undercuts representation for elves. I want Briala to have a status of power, in the public eye, and be accepted as such, and be a model and the visual proof to many elves accross Thedas that yes, someone is pushing forward, someone is succeeding. I don't want her to stay behind the scenes at all, and let Gaspard get all the credits for it, he doesn't deserve it in the slightest, he's a huge POS. With Celene + Briala in power with an equal footing, people will know exactly who is fighting for their rights and why.

But we'll probably only truly know the repercussion of that choice in DA4 though. As far as DA:I epilogue goes, I still think Celene + Briala was my better option there.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
People praising Jaws of Hakkon's story confuses me hella bad cause none of it felt particularly important or noteworthy. The Descent at least has cool lore and world implications in it but Jaws of Hakkon really didn't have anything if you happen to not have the very particular set up that was pointed out over the past couple pages (Solas romance). I genuinely had to go read up on the story again with having played through it the first time last year and drawing a *complete* blank on it.

I wish it was easier to replay Inquisition cause it has a really neat story that I would like to try different routes through and see other things but it is such a pacing slog and wish it wasn't so grossly padded out. I have probably a dozen playthroughs of Origins (and at least two of Dragon Age 2) but could barely start a second of Inquisition because it's such a long undertaking to get to the good stuff.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Art direction, yo. I'm playing through The Witcher 3 atm, and while it is a gorgeous game and the map is sprawling and very lived in, I prefer the art direction of Inquisition. It's more stylized and the use of colors, the various locations, and the ambiance of each location is more my aesthetic.
I do like how DA I looks but you can see last gen compromises , especially with no day and night cycle and the main city was pretty underwhelming. Also I think DA I goes for that high fantasy aesthetic and every closed off zone can be quite varried and still not be jarring since it fits with the overall aesthetic of the world. Witcher 3 goes for that dark fantasy more lived in feel of the world and it works fantastically well , but the scenery cant be quite as varied due to adherence to more realistic style and topography

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Kind of random, but I was thinking about DA4 and man, I just really hope they go back to a 'silent' protagonist like in Origins. It isn't a perfect system, especially not for the kind of cinematic RPG Dragon Age wants to be. But every time I revisit Inquisition I feel so stifled by the 4 VAs and the lack of roleplaying options concerning the Inquisitor's background. Like I love Alix Wilton Regan's voice acting, I really do. But she wasn't quite the British voice I had in mind for my qunari. The games provides you with a couple of opportunities to flesh out your backstory through conversation but most options feel bland, as do the responses for that matter.

Also, aside from Tevinter I hope Antiva, Rivain and Nevarra get some love. Rivain in particular is painfully underused by the games.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
There I don't agree though. Having Briala pushing for elvhen rights through Gaspard is nowhere near enough to me. I mean, it gets some of the job done, but it also severely undercuts representation for elves. I want Briala to have a status of power, in the public eye, and be accepted as such, and be a model and the visual proof to many elves accross Thedas that yes, someone is pushing forward, someone is succeeding. I don't want her to stay behind the scenes at all, and let Gaspard get all the credits for it, he doesn't deserve it in the slightest, he's a huge POS. With Celene + Briala in power with an equal footing, people will know exactly who is fighting for their rights and why.

But we'll probably only truly know the repercussion of that choice in DA4 though. As far as DA:I epilogue goes, I still think Celene + Briala was my better option there.
To be fair, I always thought it was obvious that it was Briala pushing for the elves as it seems that way in the slides, plus she still gets the Marquis title with Gaspard. We'll agree to disagree though 😊 I think though that at some point in the future, probably next game, that who rules Nevarra is going to come up as the current King is very old and doesn't really have clear heirs, and it sounds like Orlais will go after it like they did in the past. I'm kinda tempted to have no clear winner for that fact but I also want Briala in a position of power so 🤷‍♀️

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine thinking Gaspard isn't a POS who deserves to be scraped entirely from the face of Thedas, couldn't be me!

Ha! I'm just joking, Gaspard is a pure bastard like everyone else in Val Royeaux. But, he offers the best outcome in terms of stability to me. Plus I liked the way he speaks to your Inquisitor upon first meeting.

It's a neat situation in DA:I because no leader is an obvious moral choice. Celene, Briala, and Gaspard all suck big time with glaring issues in terms of morality. So unlike Origins where Alistair is clearly the best choice as King, no ruler can really be considered the "best" in DA:I.