• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I love good reality but it takes a lot of fuckery to overcome watching super rich folks just being super rich. That is why i could never get into Selling Sunset, but I love million dollar listing. Sunset will only go so far, Listing will go a lot farther.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I love good reality but it takes a lot of fuckery to overcome watching super rich folks just being super rich.

See, I can't do this kind of viewing on multiple fronts.

I see enough it by default when reading through ERA news threads on the GOP fuckery and other such out of touch with reality folks.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wife is mid way through and im half paying attention...its pretty garbage from what ive paid attention to. Lots of trust fund kids pretending to be self made who mostly have terrible manners.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It was up there on the Netflix Top 10.

Looks like what Crazy Rich Asians would be in real life without all the hand picked super attractive people.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Wife is mid way through and im half paying attention...its pretty garbage from what ive paid attention to. Lots of trust fund kids pretending to be self made who mostly have terrible manners.
That is what i thought. That is no fun, how are they suppose to do the injected interviews about their struggleS?

Oct 27, 2017
HBO Max (House of Ho) and Netflix (Bling Empire) have tried to do the 'Crazy Rich Asians, but reality' thing and both shows have been a total bore.

Oct 28, 2017
I had enough of the Trumps starting on third base acting like they hit a triple that last four years. Sick of that self indulgent bullshit and wealth worship. I'm going to pass.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
My wife watched the first couple episodes and decided she absolutely hated the complete BS that everyone was spouting, the fake lives they were living and how hot garbage it all was. So stopped watching.

I mean, I could have told her that from the start, but she enjoys some reality TV from time to time.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Had no idea it was a "reality" show, only saw the thumbnail image and thought it was some Billions, Power, rich people drama.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I heard former Red Megaforce ranger actor Andrew Gray is on this and he's really toxic, so I'll check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
I heard former Red Megaforce ranger actor Andrew Gray is on this and he's really toxic, so I'll check it out.

He's very religious, into guns, and horribly insufferable. He thinks he's the coolest, smoothest dude around but he's just a total dunce.

EDIT: He's honestly the 'best' part of the show (in that he's horribly stupid and easy to laugh at).

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
My wife and I watched it, I thought it was enjoyable enough. We had our laughs. Obviously they are all terrible rich people, but ya know, that's the genre. I like watching some of the Real Housewives with her for the same reason

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I let the trailer play on Netflix. I didn't actively choose to watch any of it.

All I saw was the lady bragging about her husband being like the 34th descendant of an ancient emperor and that was about all I could take. Too obnoxious for me.

bigmit37

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I enjoyed it, though i enjoy these types of shows.
I didnt really know any of their Parents or their companies except for the daughter of cyber security firm Fortinent ceo, who must be multi billionaire.

Rich lives don't seem that much better except for the don't have to work part.
they buy lots of expensive things, but there is def diminishing returns of enjoyment the more expensive you buy.

i assume they get about 500k to a million a year as their apt cost 27k a month.

i was surprised at how much they drink, party, and the overuse of botox.

if you are rich, you can make easy money as an influcencer.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I binged the show.

Kane is the sanest person in that group.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
It was a fun messy reality show, so I enjoyed it. Anna was my overall favorite of the cast. Also, Kevin and Kim are hot.

I liked that the show tackled some important topics.

Deleted member 82064

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
I didn't get it. Rich people being obnoxious and doing rich people things. There was no appeal.
Not to mention show was scripted as hell and most interactions and drama just felt cringy.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched all of it with my girlfriend.

Man they're all stupid as hell. Kevin is the most "relatable" of the bunch, but jeez the guy is dumb... I thought Anna was the most "normal". She's just causing beef because she's bored, kinda like the queen in Bridgerton.

And why does everyone cry for everything in every single episode???

Also how abusive is Andrew?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's got some drama and heart. It's not all just rich people shooting off, although most of it is.
House of Ho on hbo would be more your tune

Deleted member 82064

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Watched all of it with my girlfriend.

Man they're all stupid as hell. Kevin is the most "relatable" of the bunch, but jeez the guy is dumb... I thought Anna was the most "normal". She's just causing beef because she's bored, kinda like the queen in Bridgerton.

And why does everyone cry for everything in every single episode???

Also how abusive is Andrew?
Kevin was only interesting and felt bit more natural then the rest. But apparently even his net worth is around 8-10$ million. So while he is small fish in big pond it seems like his character is more or less act.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a couple episodes in. I know realty tv is mostly scripted.. but this show has some of the worst acting I've seen.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I binged this and loved it.

Kevin was great. I thought having someone like him was so smart. Sort of a "fish out of water but not really" himbo who's easy to like and actually doesn't make awful decisions.

Fuuuuuuuuck Andrew

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 is so weird that they don't address the fact that Cherie and her fiance refused to be filmed after episode 3.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6 is pissing me off and Kane ain't shit

It basically came out that her fiance was married with kids when he met her, and that the divorce from his ex wife happened the same year she had their baby.
LOL, that is lite work on real housewives show

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
LOL, that is lite work on real housewives show
Yea but not for Asians. Especially since she apparently lied to the other members on the show so they're all judging her now. The ex wife also apparently posted previously that Cherie pretended to be her friend so she could steal her husband

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is watching this as I'm either reading or occupied with something else and it seems like the same template of Netflix reality shows, where there's incessant arguing, then a moment where they all make up by talking in circles around each other pretending to be understanding, then more rumors that continue the cycle. I don't watch these shows so maybe it's the template for all of them, but man, and it just seems really toxic just people just constantly argue and yell.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
I slightly enjoyed the first season. It seemed highly edited though with Kevin? (is that his name middle class PA dude) and rich thai DJ seemingly realizing they would be a good fit. And the red ranger guy just being a complete idiot yet that girl continuing to run back to him.

Honestly still not over the ultimatum. I don't think this will get into that range of fuckery. Love is Blind as well was really well done and trashy for what it was (in a good way)

I could easily see this being cancelled if it wasn't fire which it sounds like it's not. I'll watch a few eps. Reality TV is competitive right now!

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Kevin legit needs to go to anger management. He gets heated so quickly and him breaking that glass was waaaaaay overboard.

Also, everyone is so obnoxious and annoying on this show. I think the only person I genuinely like is Jaime.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
y'all buried the lead that this shit came to a head right in front of Paula Abdul.

Oct 27, 2017
3-Reasons-Why-Were-Drawn-to-Bling-Empire-2.jpg

More like Botox Empire

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watch this, that damn cliff hanger... I didn't think the show would go on for another season.

It feels like they should have just cut the Cherie stuff out altogether.

Holy crap at Mimi's mansion. Apparently they are the highest net worth couple on the show?