• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
TeXctfu.png

Raigor

May 14, 2020
not surprised, they will want to push people to the highest tiers.

like how games with gold became "meh" once Gamepass started to roll

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Evidently this has been how it was worded the whole time? I think that's what people in the other thread were saying.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
It was 4 when PS3 was around with PS4, 2 of each. Then they stopped with PS3 and went back to two. They've just been doing "free/extra" games a lot. If you read any of their posts and articles about it, they always here are your two games and here is an extra VR game or here is an extra PS5 game.

edit: okay, they've been a little wishy-washy recently but they do use extra regularly with games added to the service.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Remember when they dropped one piece of free DLC per month from one month to the next, I remember...

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Says it remains the same as it is today but mentions 2 games. Quite curious about that. Hoping it's a mistake and because clearly it wouldn't be the same is it is today

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I think that last line contradicts the point you are trying to make.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think it's always officially been two per platform. During the PS3/PS4/Vita heydey, it was six with two per platform, and certain games had cross-gen skus and were playable on multiple platforms. Right now it's two PS4 games and one PS5 game I think, which is a "bonus" game.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I believe we've been getting two lately, but also with a bonus PS5 game since launch I think

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
I think the PS5 game is counted as a bonus, they won't say three games because not everyone will be able to collect the PS5 game, pretty sure this is how its always been worded

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
PlayStation Plus is currenlty officially "2 games", I dont think they have every committed to always have an additional PS5 supported game every month, even if it was unofficially the case.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is how it always was.

Does anyone know what's happening with the PS+ Collection games? Are they still part of essential?

If not, I have some games I'd like to finish before June.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I think that's what it always said. I'll be interested to see what the games look like in months.

They get a lot of slagging around here but i like the offerings

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I expect base Plus (essential) to start offering even worse games. Man i miss ps plus offerings from ps4 haydays

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
It was 4 when PS3 was around with PS4, 2 of each. Then they stopped with PS3 and went back to two. They've just been doing "free/extra" games a lot. If you read any of their posts and articles about it, they always here are your two games and here is an extra VR game or here is an extra PS5 game.

edit: okay, they've been a little wishy-washy recently but they do use extra regularly with games added to the service.
They actually had 6 for some time when they also had Vita games.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
The wording has always been like this. Any game available aside from the two PS4 games is an EXTRA game. Like they do with PS VR titles from time to time, with GTA Online now, or the one PS5 title almost every month.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Problem is (if memory serves) the PS4 games are the actual "official ps+ games of the month" and the PS5 one is "bonus". It'll likely normalize back to 2 PS5 only (or PS5 versions of 2) games once the cross-gen period ends.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
It was the service on PC, that got me to get a Ps4 pro cause the streaming quality sucked. The service did its job.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Officially PS Plus only gifts two games, any more than that is just an extra.

Coincidentally, recently they've been doing that third game as an extra for many months, but in theory it's not to be expected.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is the official wording on the website stretching back to at least (and certainly prior to) January 2021: https://web.archive.org/web/20210101011726/https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

While they usually provide more, the service is unchanged.

That used to be the wording (includes two PS4 games) when it only included two games but since they started including PS5 games too it doesn't say two.

"Expand your game collection with new PS4 games each month, as well as regularly added PS5 titles."

This is the same link but without the Wayback Machine bit.
www.playstation.com

PlayStation®Plus | Hundreds of games to download and play, PlayStation classics, game trials and more

Join PlayStation Plus on an Essential, Extra or Premium membership plan and get hundreds of PS4 and PS5 games, online multiplayer, classics catalog, exclusive discounts and more.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i know why they won't do it but many I'd be a much happier Sony boi if they'd just change PS+ to cloud saves and multiplayer only, and drop the price to $20-25/yr. Every year the value of the sub has gone DOWN, not up lol

Oct 27, 2017
That used to be the wording (includes two PS4 games) when it only included two games but since they started including PS5 games too it doesn't say two.

"Expand your game collection with new PS4 games each month, as well as regularly added PS5 titles."

This is the same link but without the Wayback Machine bit.
www.playstation.com

PlayStation®Plus | Hundreds of games to download and play, PlayStation classics, game trials and more

Join PlayStation Plus on an Essential, Extra or Premium membership plan and get hundreds of PS4 and PS5 games, online multiplayer, classics catalog, exclusive discounts and more.
Sorry, that may have been unclear; I was specifically looking at the FAQ section at the bottom which outlines the offering and is the same in the link you've provided, the wayback link, and the OP, as all three specify two games:
What is PlayStation Plus?
PS Plus is a paid subscription service from PlayStation which gives members two PS4 games to download every month, as well as access to online multiplayer gaming, exclusive discounts from PlayStation Store, 100GB of cloud storage for game saves and bonus content such as skins and in-game items for free-to-play games like Fortnite.

As you say, they have provided more since PS5 (2 PS4 + 1 PS5), but the advertising around Plus still seems to only explicitly outline two PS4 games on a monthly basis (e.g. I can't see in the terms of service an explicit provision for more than two games as the OP and title suggests).

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
i know why they won't do it but many I'd be a much happier Sony boi if they'd just change PS+ to cloud saves and multiplayer only, and drop the price to $20-25/yr. Every year the value of the sub has gone DOWN, not up lol
All I want is a 'play online and get cloud saves' sub. I just checked on my PS4, and I have 128 redeemed games, and I've properly played:
CoD MW Remastered
Fall Guys
Broforce
Rocket League
There are probably like 10-20 I've tried for like an half hour or so, but yeah, it's felt like a rip off for the whole PS4 gen/into this gen.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
6 to 3 to 2, and people lap it up

People actually think Square Enix is gonna put games on this service like they won't lose 10's of millions of dollars by doing so.

just laughable how Sony in my eyes made the service I use worse while trying to get more money from me.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The wording is bullshit. Its two games per system is how it always worked but nlwe only eve get on for ps5 and they label it extra. It's slimy as fuck

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Everything just gets worse and worse and they want more and more for it. I bailed a few years ago and probably won't come back to these shitty console online systems. At least not for a longer time. Maybe a month here and there to play a certain game, but so far there is nothing on the horizon I need to play multiplayer on PS5, Switch or Xbox.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Probably.

Considering the games we've got I won't really miss it anyway.

Not a fan of Sony's current behaviour to be honest.

Gwendly_

May 27, 2020
Asia only got two games for April ; Hood Outlaws & Legends and SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom so I wouldn't be surprised if they follow suite shortly with NA/EU as well...

Jan 11, 2018
Wasn't it 2 since they dropped ps3 and vita?

Ps5 is kind of a "bonus"

Current gen being considered a "bonus" is laughable though, to be honest. If they could give us 5-6 games when they had 3 active systems (and often with cross-buy), they can give us 4 now, imo. Especially when they do not hesitate to raise the price. It doesn't have to be 2 year old AAA games. I wish we'd get some smaller digital only stuff too, like we used to.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Like some already said they have the same wording right now.

It's easier for them to keep that wording for the time when they shift to 2 PS5 games monthly and drop the PS4 games. But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Current gen being considered a "bonus" is laughable though, to be honest. If they could give us 5-6 games when they had 3 active systems (and often with cross-buy), they can give us 4 now, imo. Especially when they do not hesitate to raise the price. It doesn't have to be 2 year old AAA games. I wish we'd get some smaller digital only stuff too, like we used to.

You're not wrong. I kind of miss getting indie games id never consider buying along with bigger titles.

Tired of this dlcs turned standalone games though

Aug 31, 2019
not surprised, they will want to push people to the highest tiers.

like how games with gold became "meh" once Gamepass started to roll

"meh" is still very generous. When my Ultimate subscription lapses, I don't think I will subscribe only to Live Gold to play my redeemed games in this 3 year period, most of them are really uninteresting. I think this shows how much they accomplished the objective of pushing us to Gamepass to have an interesting live library.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
From the other thread:

My same question the moment I read it. XD
During the golden times we had 6 games: 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games and 2 PS Vita games and sometimes those games were cross buy so we ended up with 6 PS4 games per month.
Later they increased the PS Plus price and removed the non PS4 games and we ended up with 2. PS5 came out and we got an extra PS5 game per month. I was hoping we would get at least 2 PS5 games and 2 PS4 games per month before knowing about Spartacus.
I hope it was a typo so of they are going to downgrade the base PS Plus with just 2 games to highlight the other tiers then it's not honest.
So I hope it was just a typo.

We are already reduced to 3 by now while I expected the offer to grow bigger before. If they really gonna limit to 2 games, I gonna stop funding this BS, especially that most games I play online are F2P.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New post in this thread are funny especially after it was already pointed out that it's been two games a month.