• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the point of the crossroads is that it's ambiguous

maybe he did maybe he didnt

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
the point of the crossroads is that it's ambiguous

maybe he did maybe he didnt

No he definitely went after her. He looks in her direction last.

Also, the movie literally begins with that very same woman mailing a package to Russia.

Like, you can look at the entire movie as Hank's character finding her. That it was cosmically foretold or some shit. It's not ambiguous at all.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Also, the movie literally begins with that very same woman mailing a package to Russia.

Like, you can look at the entire movie as Hank's character finding her. That it was cosmically foretold or some shit. It's not ambiguous at all.
we'll find out in Cast Away II: Electric Boogaloo

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Wilson's back, and he's pissed
hqdefault.jpg

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, and the line immediately preceding that sequence is something like "I have to keep breathing because the sun will rise and who knows what the tide could bring?" Like it brought her package to him on the island.

That and his hint of a smile looking in the woman's direction pretty much spells it out. At the very least that encounter gives him hope.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like to think he followed her.

Also, Castaway is on HBO Max :) Watching it right now.

"I. Have made fire!"

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Such a fucking beautiful film. Zemeckis peaked with this; it is his most accomplished masterpiece.

That ending monologue where he's talking to his friend with ice in his glass gets me every damn time. I'm always crying at this movie. So affecting.

Do not question the perfection that is that ending.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Obviously he's going to try and meet up with her again.

I mean he told her his name, and he left a note on her porch with his name. She's gonna see that. Put two and two together. He'll probably be heading back and they'll run into each other and start talking again. It's a typical happy ending. Also as said above, she's obviously divorced now what with one of the names missing from the sign.

My best friend was obsessed with this movie back when it came out. He dragged me to the theater to see it. When it came out on DVD and appeared in FYE a few days early (Before street date) he bought it excitedly. He worked at BlockBuster and got me an antenna topper of Wilson that I STILL have today on my car. In fact if I ever get a car without an antenna I don't know what I'll do. He's pretty much part of my car now.

It's an okay film I guess. I haven't seen it since. But I remember a bit from it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The real kicker about the ending of that movie is that, after all he went through and all those years that have passed, he actually goes to get his car back lol

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
The camera zoom as he stares down the road leading to her implies he's coming to a realization. A realization he's having. Staring down her road. Realization. Her road. Realization. Her road.

He's going to Canada.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The Inception spinning top ending always seemed slightly imperfect to me since the top is clearly wobbling, something tops only do when they're about to stop spinning.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
The real kicker about the ending of that movie is that, after all he went through and all those years that have passed, he actually goes to get his car back lol

He doesn't. He goes to give Kelly her watch back and she surprises him with the car. He asks the cab to wait for him when he gets there.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The Inception spinning top ending always seemed slightly imperfect to me since the top is clearly wobbling, something tops only do when they're about to stop spinning.
That's because people fixated way too much on the "OMG IS HE STILL DREAMING!?!?!?" aspect of it. He didn't look back to find out - because it doesn't matter.

One recently that came up between my fiancee and I - Rose dies at the end of Titanic, right? And the very final scene (her back on the Titanic, young and with Jack) is her version of afterlife? My fiancee always thought it was just a dream, though the majority of people I've talked to took away the "she died and goes to heaven" ending.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
That's because people fixated way too much on the "OMG IS HE STILL DREAMING!?!?!?" aspect of it. He didn't look back to find out - because it doesn't matter.

Yeah. And I suppose if the top didn't wobble, people would be saying the opposite, that clearly it was not going to stop spinning.

It was a great reaction in the theater when the film ends with the cut to black from the top.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
But this was a very average film carried by Tom Hanks. Outside of that the film has people poking fun at it more than anything else.
I don't know. I was surprised by how good it was, when I finally actually watched it a few years ago, after more than a decade of being exposed to memes and jokes about it. Looks like it was critically very well received as well, which I again only found out after seeing it.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually came in here thinking this would be about Avengers Endgame and that one track at the end of the film.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But this was a very average film carried by Tom Hanks. Outside of that the film has people poking fun at it more than anything else.

Nah, you can say that about almost every other Robert Zemeckis film from the 90s onward, but not this one. Hanks did make it stand out, but the concept and screenplay themselves were exceptional and daring (it very easily could've been a snorefest and/or unintentionally hilarious).

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
did you really say a film that has 1 named actor in like 95% of the film, carried by said actor?

if i wasn't feeling so lazy right now now but i would find the biggest no shit picture and post it

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017

One recently that came up between my fiancee and I - Rose dies at the end of Titanic, right? And the very final scene (her back on the Titanic, young and with Jack) is her version of afterlife? My fiancee always thought it was just a dream, though the majority of people I've talked to took away the "she died and goes to heaven" ending.
Yeah she's dead, finally joining Jack and the rest of the Titanic passengers at the bottom of the Atlantic.