• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which path is canon

• Crimson Flower

Votes: 141 45.0%
  • Silver Snow

Votes: 35 11.2%
  • Azure Moon

Votes: 39 12.5%
  • Verdant Wind

Votes: 98 31.3%

• Total voters

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
OPEN SPOILERS

This isn't necessarily asking which your favorite route was, but rather which path offers the most opportunity to expand on the world.

Intelligent Systems have said there's no real canon path, but what is your canon path.

I've read spoilers, but I haven't actually finished anything besides Verdant Wind, so I can't judge the others fairly.
But I do like the possibilities opened up by the story.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it would end up being some weird combo of all of them, where Byleth wasn't one house's teacher but taught everyone.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Open spoilers okay in here?

From all paths, only Verdant Wind leaves them with a potential story, Claude in Almyra.

Or they just sever all ties and have a sequel take place in Dagda without any hard connection to Three Houses.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
It would have to be Crimson Flower, although I could see them making one canon ending that fuses all the paths together like Deus Ex Invisible War.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
If it involved Claude, it could spin off of any of them, since he's the only lord to potentially survive them all and go to Almyra.

Otherwise, it could also be set in any given country besides Fodlan, and they wouldn't necessarily have to choose a canon path in that case; they could just give oblique references to Fodlan's warring.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Somehow give the sequel a multiverse hopping story so it can work with all of them.

I have no idea how this would work, and it would probably be dumb.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Verdant Wind certainly had the best story and the best opportunity for a follow-up.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Amazed at people choosing Crimson flower, I know it's the most popular, but also the shortest and imo least likely to be canon.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
it'd be like Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
all routes are canon, even routes we didn't see, everyone is fine and keeps their development and one of the main villains (TWSITD in this case) are dead, so that we can infer that something happened
and then a new threat appears
basically, it'd be like a golden route happened and we just didn't get to play it, which would be hilarious

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow give the sequel a multiverse hopping story so it can work with all of them.

I have no idea how this would work, and it would probably be dumb.
Just say that Sothis's... uh, brother or whatever showed up from outer space, and instead of rewinding time their divine pulse moves time sideways, and there's some theme of regrets at how things could have been different and you still have to live with your route

It's stupid but you could bullshit something

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Verdant Wind has the most room for more story to tell in a hypothetical Three Houses follow-up. But Silver Snow still has both Dimitri (he shows up at the church after the three-way right happens off-screen) & Claude (he only disappears) alive.

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a direct sequel to any of the previous FE games? To my knowledge, they have all been self contained stories.
Radiant Dawn was a direct sequel to Path of Radiance
New Mystery of the Emblem was a remake and sequel of Shadow Dragon
Blazing Blade was a prequel to Binding Blade

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They would have to do a Gaiden game if they were to do some kind of follow-up to Three Houses. Have it take place on another continent and not even discuss the war beyond a passing reference or something.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Amazed at people choosing Crimson flower, I know it's the most popular, but also the shortest and imo least likely to be canon.
I being presumptuous, but with Three Houses being such a long game, I'm willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of players only went through the one house that they committed to prior to purchase. Hence Edelgard inexplicably winning a popularity poll over Claude and why the vastly inferior Crimson Flower is catching Verdant Wind in the poll.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
A Claude sequel in Almyra is the only one that makes any sense, unless you go further out to Dagda, Albinea or Sreng. I'd avoid Fodlan entirely, and not canonize any route.

Edelgard's story is over, a Crimson Flower sequel wouldn't work. Same with Dimitri.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'd like it to be Crimson flower, maybe about hunting down the dark ones, and maybe about Edelgard needing to clean house with all the traitors that would no doubt be there from her uncle, also maybe showing other "otherworldly" threats like the pope that might exist and be taking advantage of the world. (Also maybe some if these aren't actually bad, and Edlegard would need to wrestle with that).

I don't think it will be a sequel, and if it were, I doubt it would be above.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no point polling people on this anyway because they would never pick a canon path to begin with. In the unlikely event they actually did a sequel, it would be some kind of time travel thing that merges the different paths or a golden route that combines them all.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I said Azure Moon, and there's pretty much one reason why: Those Who Slither In The Dark. That was the only route (other than Crimson Flower) where you didn't end up going to face them. Some of them show up in the last map, but you don't actually go to Shamballa and wipe them out. I remember being surprised when you take Fort Merceus in that chapter, that they didn't nuke it, instead the Death Knight just died and that was it. I felt like the ending to Azure Moon was a bit abrupt. We did learn A LOT about the Kingdom and the Tragedy of Duscur, but after defeating Edelgard, the game ends and Rhea is never shown. Even though the ending slides say you rescued Rhea, you can't even marry her in that route.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Honestly i just want my greasy angsty rat boi Dimitri to be happy, so I'd love a "golden path" full of redemption and growth for everyone

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like Crimson Flower, but it ends pretty definitively. I'd rather they do a distant past/future/other land sequel. Claude is best suited for the latter as there's room in most of his endings to avoid the Fodlan question.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry Edelgard but from playing all routes, Verdant Wind is the only one that kinda can make something...

Or you know they will involve time travel again for Those Who Slither in The Dark

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really voted yet since I don't fully know all the endings, but at least in the case of CF, the Slithers didn't actually get dealt with, so there's room to go there.

I can't help but think though that there would be timey wimey stuff to let all three lords live, since to my knowledge, at least one has to die in all routes, but they're all popular.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
The Slitherers were the worst part of Three Houses, so I'd rather not have them be the focus of a potential sequel.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I would love at least destroy the slitherers with Edelgard and the rest of the Black Eagles, but the real answer is Claude. I just can't see how either Crimson Flower or Azure Moon can lead to a sequel. Since Claude can potentially survive in all routes (Crimson Flower depends on your choice), and we don't know too much about Almyra, he seems to be the best choice. And any route can be canon.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
If they want to keep all the characters, Silver Snow, but I think nintendo would go with a path that wasn't available in game that ties them all together to some degree.

Personally Verdant Wind was my favorite path so if they just went in deep on Claude's journey west, I'd be cool.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think they would either do a Mass Effect Andromeda and put it far enough in the future or on a continent far enough away that it didn't matter which path was canon, or make it so that all of them were.

Feet to the fire and they had to pick one, Dimitri's seems the "most canon" to me. Edelgard is clearly the antagonist of the game and that's the route where she has a "this isn't even my final form" so that's probably the one.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard is clearly the antagonist of the game

hqdefault.jpg