• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
it's a big name to end a big show on, even if the game was gonna be a stinker

consider the No More Heroes 3 trailer compensation for time lost

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It came out and was one of the best games of 2020.
one of the best games...
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up buying it, to my shame. Didn't finish it, got most of my money back. Comfortably the worst game I've played this year, but probably not the most disappointing as my expectations were low.

I'm looking forward to The Game Awards this year. I'm less invested in certain game reveals turning up now that I've got so much to play with next gen, but it'll still be interesting to see who shows new promos.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
But do you remember when they revealed Joker for Smash Ultimate like, 1 hour before the game released? Yeah nah, I'll take the 50/50 to get stuff like that again

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about this that was the worst for me is how Vin decided to do the whole "We're gamers!" spiel that celebrities have done for decades and is always so groan inducing. In Vin's case we know he actually is into games and it wasn't the usual BS, but that doesn't make it come across any better.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it was such a baffling decision that I'm just going to assume Geoff was straight up paid a good deal by the movie makers to put it at that spot as part of a marketing strategy for the movie. Like licensed games in general still have a spotty reputation especially when they're very strongly tied to specific movies rather than just general properties. You can get over that if you know the game is being made by a well regarded developer, but this one was from a middling developer and part of an not particularly popular video game genre.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yup and I just bought that game on sale for $20 lol can't wait to try it even though it got bad reviews if I remember right

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I still rmemeber watching the first playthroughs and the Barcelona outskirts looking like Hollywood new mexico, yellow tint and all lol

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Except for one or two things every year, games announced on TGA aren't worth it if you're not interested in the awards

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem was most of the heavy hitters were being saved for next gen reveals, a gen that outside of xbox wasnt officially shown off, geoff couldnt get a ton and had to work with what he had. Ill be catching tga higlights this year instead of watching live

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm hoping they have a "Oh, and one more thing..." megaton drop at the end this year. Those are my favorite lol

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The game was... fine. It should never have been $60, but I suppose they had to try to make back some of the money they spent getting the actual cast to record VO.

Game was noteworthy for featuring Asia Kate Dillon as a non-binary character.

I do wish they had saved their character for the movies instead of a game that people won't ever play, since it's not cool to play it because the internet says so.

The game is dumb fun like the movies, nothing deep here, nor should it have been expected at this point.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
So awesome to be getting the alternative: Inject [random, obnoxious YouTube ""influencer""] /s
Even though Vin is a gamer himself, I'd rather have obnoxious people who make a living playing games than random celebrities who are there to make people excited because they're celebrities. Ideally we'd get neither, of course.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft showed off their next gen console and Hellblade 2 out of no where. That was pretty great

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The best part of the reveal is how they showed nearly all the last level, because that's the only mission that's close to being fun in the entire game 🤣

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I mean, Fast and Furious is one of the biggest movie franchises and the game was made by Slightly Mad Studios, who have put out decent racing games, so on paper it's a great announcement to have at a show like the Game Awards. The issue is that the actual product sucked. IDK how much Keighely had seen of the game ahead of time, because from footage it's obvious it sucked, but on paper it sounds fine.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I gotta say that it was extremely bizarre to see VIN DIESEL giving award to Miyazaki and Kitao from FromSoftware 😂

Lol, I can definitely see that being bizarre.

Although, considering how much of a DnD nerd Vin Diesel is, I can totally see him being a huge fan of From Software's games, and probably begged to be the one to present them with the award lol

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
must have been a request from vin to close the show, because yeh that looked garbo.

i remember watching the show, and then midway we got the XSX hardware reveal and im like wow they must have banger to close this tonight, maybe PS5? And then we got that.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
"It looks like a PS2 game" is so weak. Definitely my least favorite insult of the last few generations.