• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna guess... most likely no, but it'd be nice... $60 for 3 remastered 3D Zeldas would not be a bad deal, but Nintendo will most likely charge $60 for Skyward Sword alone and just put WW and TP together.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Síriocaz

Oct 19, 2019
I say yes just because I want to see how Nintendo implements Skyward Sword's controls on the Switch.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I could maaayybeee see Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD being bundled together for $60, but not Skyward Sword. Especially since I imagine a decent amount of work will need to go into that one to get it to work on the Switch.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Honestly they will all get released individually, they aren't going to miss out on full price releases for huge lengthy Zelda games, especially when they gave TP and WE a HD remaster on WiiU. They'll just port them straight over.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Nah, the collection will need to have Oot, it had too much impact. I think they will follow a similar pattern like the Mario collection. 3 games, 1 from N64 (Oot), one from GC (WW) and one from the Wii (TP). WW and TP are already remastered, so it would be stupid to not include them. That would be a really solid collection tbh.
SS, i would like them to do more with it and remaster it more profoundly like the did with WW and TP HD. Feel like if they included it with the collection it would just be a Mario Galaxy situation.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
separate purchases

I can see it like this actually

OOT and Majoras Mask (3DS ones) Switch version packaged together

Twilight Princess HD
Windwaker HD
Skyward Sword HD

separate purchases

I really can't imagine it any other way.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to finally be able to play Twilight Princess. Never owned a 'Cube or Wii, and the tone of the game looks like its right up my alley.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Skyward Sword HD as a $60 release. Maaaybe a bundle for TPHD and WWHD straight ports without any further changes or improvements. But with the way Nintendo has handled Switch ports it's probably more likely that they just release each of them again for $60.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, as a limited edition for $180, sold for three months and then delisted forever plus removed from physical sale.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
yes for 200 bucks but the gamecard explodes by next march because the zelda anniversary will be over.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think we will see 2 collections and a standalone release.

Collection 1: OOT and Majoria's Mask
Collection 2: Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD
Standalone: Skyward Sword HD

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The current rumor is that Skyward Sword HD will be a standalone release early next year, so I don't expect it to be packaged with the others.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
bold of you to assume that even WW and TP will be bundled together;

each one will be $60 individually; and so will SS HD be.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anything is possible, but I doubt it. I think Wind Waker and TP double pack for $60 is somewhat likely. Skyward Sword would get the deluxe treatment.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo is winning. And when they win everything is expensive. So 60 dollar releases per game (ww, tp, ss).

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I don't understand where someone would get the idea that these games would come to the Switch (as a bundle). Is it cause Mario 3D? If so it would Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight but that isn't happening.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
I can imagine the WW HD and TP HD remasters being bundled together as a Zelda 35th anniversary timed release.

I can't see Skyward Sword leaving the Wii Platform any time soon though. Can the joy-cons could do what the WiiMote+ could do?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly not.

SSHD is gonna be a new release and will retail for $60.

WWHD and TPHD might even retail for $40-60 each, similarly to other Wii U ports.

If they do a collection IMO it'll either be a few 2D Zeldas (like Oracles) or it will be OoT and MM 3D uprezzed to 1080p with very minor texture tweaks for $60.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine the WW HD and TP HD remasters being bundled together as a Zelda 35th anniversary timed release.

I can't see Skyward Sword leaving the Wii Platform any time soon though. Can the joy-cons could do what the WiiMote+ could do?

The JoyCon's should be able to replicate the motion controls of the WiiMote+. Arms is a good example of their motion control capabilities.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
N64's Ocarina + Gamecube's Wind Waker + Gamecube's Twilight Princess = 60 USD Collection, and TP is already a stretch

Skyward Sword HD = 60 USD remastered version for Switch

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I think there is a good chance that Wind Waker and Twilight Pricess WiiU ports get bundled with the N64 rom of Ocarina of Time for $60 on sale for a limited period sometime this year, similar to Mario All Stars. They will ask $60 for Skyward Sword

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
They should do Oot, MM, TP and WW in a pack and then update SS for a stand-alone.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutly. My uncle who work at Nintendo told me there will be a surprise this summer for Zelda fans. Im even more surprise to see that Nintendo wont even try to sell back each games at 60$ a piece and offer it as a package. With the incredible reception of the Mario trilogy, they want to do it again for Zelda fans!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm going to say no just because of how heavily Skyward Sword uses Motion Plus. Though I'd like to see it be released on another system.