• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leak?

• yea

Votes: 1,249 86.7%
  • nah

Votes: 191 13.3%

• Total voters

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
AJAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK TRACER MIGHT ACTUALLY BE IN SMASH

RfKUCOc.png

DIRECT ON THURS (12TH) CASE RELEASES ON SUNDAY (15TH)

Worst timeline

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
About time! I hope the Overwatch goes F2P and that we gets cross-play/progression alongside this Switch version. I'd knock out some arcade loot boxes on handheld during events.

The matchmaking times for the Role Queue Beta on console have me begging for cross-play more than ever.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Well, that solves the [REDACTED] mystery. Makes sense with how Overwatch devs' responses to questions about a Switch port have progressed over time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Real talk -

1) How will it run? Locked 60fps? Variable fps? 30 or below?
2) Will they introduce cross-play?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
get good womnn not toxic women

Tracer doesn't fit smash bros at all. Getting a bad character just because she's a woman is a bad idea just get another woman please

get D.Va.
This is Masahiro "Main/Poster Characters First" Sakurai. If Overwatch gets a rep, it's either Tracer or nobody.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What the heck is PowerA? Does Blizzard typically use them for legitimate merchandise?
They do a ton of officially licensed merchandise for Switch. Controllers, cases, charging docks, etc. I think they might make the most accessories for Switch along with Hori
This is likely a 100% legit leak that was meant to be revealed at the September direct or just on its own like Diablo III was.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
They're just testing the waters...
... if you want Overwatch on Switch, buy our case.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
And she's toxic how?
Let's actually not just entertain the idea of her getting in, but lets imagine how she will play, and what will her moveset consist of.

Sakurai loves (overly?)faithful presentation. I don't wanna fight a character that has a "blink" and "recall" and do heavy damage from close, great damage mid-range, chip damage from a distance.

This is Masahiro "Main/Poster Characters First" Sakurai. If Overwatch gets a rep, it's either Tracer or nobody.

Then it's better that we don't.

First Witch time, then arsene, then hero's language barrier + rng. Now you want me to deal with blinks and recalls? 🤔

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
This is Sakurai we're talking about. If an Overwatch character gets in, it's gonna be Tracer. And let's be honest, Smash Ultimate is in desperate need of more women.
If it were for women, there are some neat spots for women like Shantae, Lara Croft, Final Fantasy ladies like Lightning or Terra (so that FF will have a decent representation and spirits).
Tracer and D.Va are at best some lines of dialogue, a model and a few comics and lines for a backstory of their characetrs, from a game that is in the verge of needing to be F2P to be talked again. Overwatch was a fad and including them would feel like a waste.

As i said, there are lots of women deserving for acharacter spot, even including the ones that are in spirits forms but won't be done because adding more aditional spirits is a given and Nintendo reallyscratched the bottom of the barrel. I would be at least interested in the Reboot Lara with her flanderisation and long overdone origin story, and they could use a variation of Classic Lara, since sheis more of an icon of women in videogames, sexy controversies aside. And yes, i'm prefering the Reboot Lara over D. Va and Tracer.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao the idea that Nintendo and Blizzard would license out Overwatch merchandise for the Switch without bringing the game to the platform, some of y'all smoking some wild shit to be on that train

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Winston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tracer, and he's much a better fit for Smash.

I hate how they made her the face of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really want D.va if we were getting an Overwatch character. If she gets knocked off the stage, she could eject out of her meka with her blaster (and massively weaker) and potentially recall it by filling up her ult.

Ultimately Sakurai would go with Tracer, since she is the closed the game has to a main character. If not her Winston.

Oct 27, 2017
AJAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK TRACER MIGHT ACTUALLY BE IN SMASH

RfKUCOc.png

DIRECT ON THURS (12TH) CASE RELEASES ON SUNDAY (15TH)

Ugh. And just when I thought the idea of Master Chief in Smash was the least appealing idea ever...

Give me at least a representative from Diablo III. Female barb or female DH. But not from Overwatch... and not Tracer. And not D.Va.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Winston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tracer, and he's much a better fit for Smash.

I hate how they made her the face of the game.
even Mercy (the most played character) would be better

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Let's actually not just entertain the idea of her getting in, but lets imagine how she will play, and what will her moveset consist of.

Sakurai loves (overly?)faithful presentation. I don't wanna fight a character that has a "blink" and "recall" and do heavy damage from close, great damage mid-range, chip damage from a distance.

First Witch time, then arsene, then hero's language barrier + rng. Now you want me to deal with blinks and recalls? 🤔
Then maybe choose something better than toxic.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Dunno why people are running with the 4chan rumor? Is there any validity to this?

Either way, I wouldn't mind tracer or D.Va in smash at all. As long as Sakurai can make a fun character out of them I'd have no qualms.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Nice dodge, how is Tracer toxic? I've never played Overwatch and know little about the characters, how is she toxic? What makes her shitty?

Edit: Reading others' replies it seems you used the wrong word? She's not toxic you just don't want to deal with her powers in Smash?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Fortnite stole most of Overwatch's casual playerbase, but I guess the core fans would get a kick out of Overwatch on the toilet. I wonder if they managed to get 60 FPS