• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
SnowRunner was released on April 28th.
The OT of the game can be found here.

The comments described in this tweet come from the management of Embracer Group, the parent company of developer Saber Interactive.
Publisher Focus Home Interactive has not commented on the game's performance yet.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Really good news. Have to say I've been tempted to pick it up. Love the chillness of games like American Truck Simulator so this might be up my alley too.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Excellent, it's a great game.

Next up: Sandrunner. Give me that Sahara desert!

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I saw some let's play videos, looks stressful lol good to watch tho haha
Surprisingly, the game is very chill and relaxing. You would think having a massive truck completely stuck in a middle of nowhere would be stressful, but it's slow, methodical approach somehow makes it zen-like experience.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Was it this game series or some other mud-physics game that had some sort of controversy about the developers?

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
This game is currently 4th on PSN in the ongoing bestsellers list. Damn. I was wondering if there was a glitch but I guess it's just a great selling game!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game like Spintires and Mudrunner? Got Spintires but haven't started playing it yet. Is it as good?

OP
OP
DarkDetective

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Was it this game series or some other mud-physics game that had some sort of controversy about the developers?
It was this series, yes. This article is badly sourced, but seems to be correct: https://www.shacknews.com/article/101026/the-dark-souls-of-off-roading-returns-with-mudrunner

Is this game like Spintires and Mudrunner? Got Spintires but haven't started playing it yet. Is it as good?
I haven't played MudRunner myself, but people in the SnowRunner OT who have say it's much better.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually super hyped for this and Mudrunner was amazing, but I'm holding off a purchase until my enthusiasm for Animal Crossing dies down a bit. Might be a while...

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

von zipp

Oct 27, 2017
Great Game... Super chill vibe that still elicits an expletive almost every other minute, yet somehow isn't controller-throwing-ly frustrating.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Great. It's an amazing game and a clear step up from the other games in the series. Deserved!

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be adding a +1 sale before the current Epic sale ends. Looks a great game and exactly the type of thing I seem to enjoy playing nowadays.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm very tempted because I love physics-based games, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle how frustrating it seems to be at some points.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017

Just noticed that MudRunner is on PS Now so will check that out later. The Death Stranding inspired advert for SnowRunner definitely had me intrigued but my game spending for the next couple of months is of TLOU2 and Ghost.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
How much better than MudRunner this is? Im playing that one for the first time and its a pretty cool game already, might make me jump into SnowRunner after

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the review from ACG and after Death Stranding introduced me to the genre, I am very interested in this one. Looks zen as fuck, next-gen tech will be extremely beneficial for this type of game

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Playing with friends is an absolute fucking blast i love the game. Even when we get stuck and it gets frustrating we are constantly having fun.

Well deserved.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This does seems like more of a niche title, and I'm kind of surprised it's doing so well.

Not that it's not deserving, of course, I love the hell out of it myself, I'm just surprised at the number of people getting into it, I can only assume a lot of them have never played something like this before, especially on consoles. The more the merrier!