• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You could tell that the production values for Match of the Millenium were higher than the rest of the NGPC games

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I mean I'll get it but CvSNK 2 would have made me pass out. Hopefully we'll get a Switch or PS version down the line

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be awesome if they ported the later Card fighters games on the NGPC even if it used fan translations.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Thank good for rewind so I can cheese that DDR game with Felicia that likes to simply not read your inputs haha...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Looking back, that game is actually fucking insane. A 26 character roster is huge roster for a handheld game at the time it came out. This game still came out around the time where handheld ports of fighting games would either have characters cut or features cut. But it has that and it has mini games along with side content.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, that game is actually fucking insane. A 26 character roster is huge roster for a handheld game at the time it came out. This game still came out around the time where handheld ports of fighting games would either have characters cut or features cut. But it has that and it has mini games along with side content.
It even has a proper tag team mode as well, back when the PS1 couldn't handle the same mode without severe compromises. Its easily my favourite handheld fighter, I remember grinding away the hours playing the game unlocking all the characters (and being sad that Vega and Billy weren't playable...)
Only disappointing omission from the Switch port is gonna be the controls - it wont be the same without the NGPC clicky stick!

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
This game is excellent. Outside of Soul Calibur and Power Stone at the Dreamcast launch I've never really been hooked on fighting games, but I definitely played the hell out of this on my NGPC back in the day. I'm tyring to decide if I jump on this now or wait on news of the compilation.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The game is an incredible translation of the console/arcade titles. You can pull off some sick-looking combos with ease.

Final boss is complete BS but this is an SNK game after all.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm having so much trouble doing shoryuken motions on the switch.

Both with the d-pad and the stick. Neither works well for me. I have to be super deliberate with the motion for it to work, which means I can't do it fast enough to counter jump ins.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The sprites are the same as in the other Neo Geo Pocket fighters but the backgrounds are so good. I got KoF R2 before this game, and they just stand out much more here.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Arcade mode is crazy, I beat it once after a good hour or so after trying. So much adrenaline on that last sliver of health. Fucking Geese Howard and M Bison man.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought all the NGPC games and will buy the collection even if it means I have doubles. I normally don't like to hold onto too many physical games, but the NGPC holds a very special place in my heart.

I do wish HORI or SNK themselves would release a joycon with the clicky stick