• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
This franchise is great, specially the fourth entry which in my opinion it can be as a good as Splinter Cell or Metal Gear when it comes to stealth options and infiltration.

I am honestly surprised that barely anyone is speaking about SE5 which releases on the 26th and it looks incredible, even tho it seems like it's the same formula, the game looks very polished and with deeper mechanics compared to previous games

Are you going to get this game? It's on gamepass day 1 by the way

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I played the fourth after getting it on PS+ and loved it! So much so I bought all the DLC. It's an amazing game.
Curious to see what 5 does.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I will play it. I played all of them since the second one. It being on Game Pass is great. Just not much to talk about at this point. 🤷‍♂️

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Rebellion games are just *there* for people. I liked Evil Genius 2 though and prefer Zombie Army over mainline SE.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think cause it looks really similar to the 4th game, which wasn't a very good game imo.

Honestly SE5 looks kinda mid

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
It always seemed a series that has a specific fanbase to me. I don't feel they have done much to get new people interested.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This franchise is great, specially the fourth entry which in my opinion it can be as a good as Splinter Cell or Metal Gear when it comes to stealth options and infiltration.

I am honestly surprised that barely anyone is speaking about SE5 which releases on the 26th and it looks incredible, even tho it seems like it's the same formula, the game looks very polished and with deeper mechanics compared to previous games

Are you going to get this game? It's on gamepass day 1 by the way
Despite what it may seem to you, Sniper Elite isn't exactly a popular series. It is quite relatively known, yes but not popular enough to create some buzz before release. Its one of those AA games that has its own audience that keeps playing these games.

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody ever really talks about these games, but they still sell well, so I don't think the lack of hype means disinterest.

I for one am quite excited, I'll snap up anything in the series, and any zombie army title they put out as well, they're just fun as hell. Sniper elite proper has also been getting more and more interesting with expanding your tool set, while still working very well within the confines of its clear budget limits.

This team behind these games know what they do, they do it well, and instead of getting overly ambitious and extending beyond the scope they just continue to refined and expand in a way that allows the core strength to continue to shine. I feel like you wouldn't see that with a full AAA title.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely going to try it this time because gamepass, but i dont think the franchise captured much of the imagination beyond "sniping cool" and it's been thst way since the first.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded on Gamepass and just waiting for it to unlock so I can try it out.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for sure. Installed 4 again and played the Hitler mission, one of the most fun levels in gaming.

I do wish it controlled more like MGSV : faster crouch-walking, dolphin diving, rolling while prone

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Theyre great games but I think as a series it lacks some personality for people to grab onto mentally. Which sounds crass but I mean its probably an element of it.

I will say though that they're next level with Switch motion controls so its a shame we will have to wait for 5 to come to switch.

Oct 29, 2017
Never messed with 4 for no reason in particular, but I adored the multiplayer in 3 I believe, it was actually really fun! I'm assuming this has multi as well, and as I have gamepass, Ill have to give this a go!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I LOVED Sniper Elite 4 and agree with OP, it reminded me quite a bit of some sort of streamlined, gory Metal Gear. It's easily one of my most anticipated games this year, really hope it's at least as good as 4.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I'm excited for sure. Installed 4 again and played the Hitler mission, one of the most fun levels in gaming.

I do wish it controlled more like MGSV : faster crouch-walking, dolphin diving, rolling while prone

I think the janky controls are part of why I found Sniper Elite 4 to be so middling. That and other little things that it got wrong compared to MGSV.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Will play and I'm sure enjoy it on Gamepass, i think it's just the 5th in the series and theyre all WW2 sniper games - not too much original to talk about

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hyped for it, helps it's on Gamepass and all! Is anyone doing an OT? Is this now the OT?

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Will play this day one.
I just love the stealth in these games.

Something of a tangent, but this reminds me when someone on the GWJ podcast said that Days Gone stealth is like an open world version of SE I was like hell yeah that was the thing I liked about DG without even realizing.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I'm playing it on gamepass. I told my brother to try it too.

My mom bought it for my sister's birthday cause she loved 4.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

When DLC list for previous game looks like this, maybe I'll wait for GOTY edition ...

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
It's the 5th game in a series that never changes really. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what to expect and the audience for it is already waiting.

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
Really enjoyed the campaign of SE4 in coop with a friend. So we're really excited to play the new game next weekend.

Off topic: Can the game already be preloaded on PC Game Pass? And if not, when are new releases generally available there?

Sambumbia-PR

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Its a B tier game. A series that dosent have the budget, marketing and casual appeal to be hyped by common circuits.

That dosent speak of its quality, its a good series but its most extraordinary thing to the common eye is a gif of a bullet entering a scrotum in xray mode. Something I enjoy in a gif, but not a $40+ investment enjoyment. Great gamepass game. Great $10 steam library add.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really enjoyed the third one, but skipped the fourth. Will try this with Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The Sniper games are typical AA games, they go under the radar for many people (why not many people talk about them) but are good enough to do well and keep the series going. I enjoy them but even I feel like they begin to blur into one, with nothing much changing between games, especially with this being the 5th main game in the series now.