• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1202392143282589696

6 classic games will be added to the #NES & #SNES#NintendoSwitchOnline collection on 12/12!

Super NES – Nintendo Switch Online: ・Star Fox 2 ・Super Punch-Out!! ・Kirby Super Star ・Breath of Fire II

NES – Nintendo Switch Online: ・JOURNEY TO SILIUS ・Crystalis
Omfg Kirby Super Star is my jam, and BoF2 is a welcome addition for when I finally get around to playing the first one.

Also Journey to Silius is going to sound so good on my giant floro speakers, yum.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
I feel like the whole community willed this update into existence like with the MM2 one lol.
Regarding the game selection, SF2 is definitely good to have, the other titles are beloved classics and that's good, but we are still in drip feed land here, when in the world will they give us super mario rpg, earthbound, ff6 and chrono trigger

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the program isn't dead I was fearing it was.

I'm still waiting for earthbound though

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1202392143282589696

6 classic games will be added to the #NES & #SNES#NintendoSwitchOnline collection on 12/12!

Super NES – Nintendo Switch Online: ・Star Fox 2 ・Super Punch-Out!! ・Kirby Super Star ・Breath of Fire II

NES – Nintendo Switch Online: ・JOURNEY TO SILIUS ・Crystalis
YAY!
I was losing hope we would see more NES games! Crystalis is awesome!
And all those SNES games are great, but it's still missing DKC.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I really hope next time brings DKC, specifically DKC2. Not because it's a great game but because it represents a huge hole in my Nintendo gaming life - I've never played it for more than a few min despite everyone loving it and despite me loving platformers and being around during that era!

So it's one I'm actually looking forward to play and experience instead of the usual "Can't wait for this game to appear on the service because I love it so much and want to play again!"

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'm happy about all six of those games. I absolutely love Super Punch Out. Never played Kirby, BOF2 and SF2, so I'll be busy.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
StarFox 2 is cool, I've been waiting to play that but never got round to picking up a Snes mini.

On the other hand, where in the world are the Donkey Kong Country games?

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
Journey to Silius is amazing. One of the best soundtracks on the NES. I might dig into Breath of Fire 2 as well, but I don't know a whole lot about the series. Are they Final Fantasy style totally unrelated to each other, or is BoF2 a sequal to the first game?

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
StarFox 2 is cool, I've been waiting to play that but never got round to picking up a Snes mini.

On the other hand, where in the world are the Donkey Kong Country games?

For you and anyone else planning to play StarFox 2, for the love of god please don't stop playing after you breeze through normal mode and wonder "wait, that was it??". The harder modes don't just increase the difficulty of the game, they offer much more content! More planets, different and much bigger bases, new enemies and bosses, etc. Normal Mode should have been called "Appetizer". You're missing out on 3/4 of the content of this game if you only play Normal mode.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weak update, except I've been wanting to replay BoF 2 for decades!

But yeah otherwise after such a long wait this is lackluster.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great update for me. Hope we don't have to wait 3 months for the next one. But it seems like Nintendo likes to add a diverse set of genres when they do. I'm expecting an RPG every time they up SNES now. So maybe by June I'll be playing Earthbound on my Switch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For you and anyone else planning to play StarFox 2, for the love of god please don't stop playing after you breeze through normal mode and wonder "wait, that was it??". The harder modes don't just increase the difficulty of the game, they offer much more content! More planets, different and much bigger bases, new enemies and bosses, etc. Normal Mode should have been called "Appetizer". You're missing out on 3/4 of the content of this game if you only play Normal mode.
This. Replayability is through the roof.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
We're headed into year 3 and still no Panel de Pon variant on the platform. Nintendo really doesn't appreciate what it has.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
Aww Breath of Fire 2 is the only BoF game I have ever played, but I remember it fondly. Nostalgia here I come!
Speaking of which, what are the chances of Squeenix releasing some of their more obscure games on Snes Online? I really wish we'd get Illusion of Gaia on there.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Aww Breath of Fire 2 is the only BoF game I have ever played, but I remember it fondly. Nostalgia here I come!
Speaking of which, what are the chances of Squeenix releasing some of their more obscure games on Snes Online? I really wish we'd get Illusion of Gaia on there.

I always forget that this was the title in the US (and Japan?), here in Germany it was called Illusion of Time.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The titles being added are all solid choices. Star Fox 2 especially, and I'm happy that game will be part of future legacy releases going forward.

And the DKC series will be added eventually, so I'm not too worried about those games exclusion.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
So the 6 new games are supposed to be available today, right? Does anyone know at which time? I don't have my Switch with me right now.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
This is shitty. I believe the games were the same between US and Japan last time, so I didn't bother checking. I have a Japanese account, and the games added are different. Not only that, but Japan got shafted this time, which comes as a huge surprise to me.
SNES: Kirby All Stars, Starfox 2 (that's it)
NES: Famicom Wars, Route 16 Turbo

I was actually really looking forward to Super Punch Out, Crystalis, and Silius :(

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
This is shitty. I believe the games were the same between US and Japan last time, so I didn't bother checking. I have a Japanese account, and the games added are different. Not only that, but Japan got shafted this time, which comes as a huge surprise to me.

I was actually really looking forward to Super Punch Out, Crystalis, and Silius :(

You don't have both apps?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Make a second account! You can download the US/EU version of the app and then play using your Japanese account just fine.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! I assumed it was the same app and just gave you different games based on paid account region. Welp, problem solved hopefully. Thanks a lot! My internet just went off, but I'll try it soon.

Yeah that was a logical assumption but thankfully Nintendo made them separate, I hope your net comes back fast!

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
I made a quick overview about the new titles for US/EUR(will make one for JP as well, but it's just fewer titles and other boxarts), so if anyone is interested, feel free to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.