• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
I have played already A Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. I can't wait for Snes controller!!!

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I need help. I think I'm stuck in Super Metroid. Please see images below.

I remember you need the dash powerup, which I don't have yet, in order to proceed in the second image. But when I return to the way I came from, first image, the gate is closed and I just can't seem to open it. Is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

WXLCREb.jpg

1TGKszP.jpg

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
There's a run button that you hold down ala Mario.

It's not speed booster fast, but it'll get you across that breakaway bridge.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*See's those two Super Metroid screenshots* *Is happy that he isn't the only one who was having difficulties here*

You know, i played the darned game back when it launched on SNES as a kid. So ... i felt like a fucking clown, and moreso when i finally remembered the "solution" aka the "Run"-button.

Games back then often came with a full walkthrough guide, at least here in Europe. Same with Secret of Mana and Illusion of Time (Gaia) ... and what can i say, it shows how reliant little me was on those guides because old me now fails at the easiest things in these old games. ^^

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I think I remember getting the dash powerup before reaching that room the last time I played the game on Wii U. Or I might just be misremembering getting the powerup beforehand.

Anyway, I'm still laughing at myself by the way.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Guys, I need help. I think I'm stuck in Super Metroid. Please see images below.

I remember you need the dash powerup, which I don't have yet, in order to proceed in the second image. But when I return to the way I came from, first image, the gate is closed and I just can't seem to open it. Is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

WXLCREb.jpg

1TGKszP.jpg
Wave beam or power bomb?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played Pilotwings SNES before. This seems like the sort of thing that I would have been crazy into back in the 90s but I can't figure it out now.

Jump for a skydive -> can't figure out how to move -> just do aerial somersaults -> trying to figure it out and miss the prompt to open my chute -> SPLAT -> "You did this on purpose didn't you"

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question but do these games have an overall save? Or do you have to always use the save state?

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Pilotwings SNES before. This seems like the sort of thing that I would have been crazy into back in the 90s but I can't figure it out now.

Jump for a skydive -> can't figure out how to move -> just do aerial somersaults -> trying to figure it out and miss the prompt to open my chute -> SPLAT -> "You did this on purpose didn't you"
Did you review the controls before starting the mission?

They even let you so that once you select which activity you choose to do.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also... darn it I can't justify the snes controller right now, with my limited budget I'd rather put the money towards a new game... oh well will have to wait till I have a budget again

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
The snes games made me want to retry nes games and I been really enjoying all these old school games.

It's fun to play for a few minutes and switch to a different game quickly once you feel bored.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Breath of Fire Update

As of now I have all (I think) party members since all the slots in the menu are filled. My main team is Ryu, Doof Fused Karn, Nina and Bleu. I think I'm 3/4 done with the game. The game is pretty easy but it's great to be able to play this classics with my Switch.

The new battle music is god tier.

Souzetsu

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
California
Yeah this went out of stock then back in stock. Keep trying!

I had an order go through but didn't get an order number or anything showing in my order history, despite my credit card showing a purchase. I ordered again and this time it went through. Not sure if I'm getting both orders or not.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh I'm going to wait. Nes ones are still available so I figure I won't have to worry about not being able to get them in a few months

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Did the Japanese or Euro controllers ever go live?
EDIT: Checked myself, live in Japan, but not Europe yet.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Eww, I betcha that's a thing there, isn't it.
Nah I managed to get it... It's even stupidier than that...

I put in my address using "Montreal" for the city... It suggested me to automatically fix my address by using "Montréal" instead... And then errored out on the "é" lol... I redid the process from scratch but kept my address instead of the suggestion and it worked just fine.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Question - do they add new games to this feature? I haven't really used NES thingy on Switch but I was wondering if there's a chance FF6 will be available...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Question - do they add new games to this feature? I haven't really used NES thingy on Switch but I was wondering if there's a chance FF6 will be available...
I mean yes they will be adding more games to both the nes and Snes ap on a regular basis(although we don't Know when)
Yes, but the updates will be "irregular" according to Nintendo.
Actually Nintendo says regularly on their official site just not monthly for both. I'm kinda expecting monthly updates for Snes till December while nes gets pushed to the back burner for a while

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Of course the controllers go out of stock within hours, before I find out they're available. Why is all of Nintendo's cool stuff always so freaking limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.