• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Can you use the 8bitdo snes controllers with these games?

They work like a charm:
ZDQWwzy.jpg

Manggei

Oct 28, 2017
Hahaha! I really can't imagine how I managed to beat Super Ghouls n' Ghosts back in the days when I was a young boy! I'd never have this tolerance towards a game nowadays. I need to rewind every few steps, the game is brutal and more punishing than most games, I'm laughing at you, all you Dark Souls and so called soulslikes! THAT was hard! And unfair and not even very good, I must add. But cool to revisit the stages thanks to rewind, lol!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How does one remove the grey border around the screen? I find it very distracting and would rather let my OLED produce a perfect black border.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
super metroid has a bit too much of

"shoot the floor to proceed"
"but I did shoot the floor"
"yes but you didnt shoot this specific block see"

syndrome, but otherwise its as good as one expects. Looks fantastic on that Switch screen too.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
I remember buying it and enjoying it, but it did have a terrible frame rate. I loved racing games, and this was all fancy and polygons. My closest comparisons would have been Amiga games like Stunt Car Racer, Carrier Command, Starglider - although all of those probably 5 years earlier than the SNES game and performed a lot better, I still remember liking the SNES game.

I'm assuming it hasn't held up based on some of these comments..

Yeah back then most people weren't really bothered by framerate....not until whenDaytona USA came out 😮😮

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
It would be neat if they added "SP" versions of Star Fox and Stunt Race FX with the SuperFX overclocked. The SNES Classic emulator (Canoe) supports overclocking, so it would be a simple change.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am getting a Switch Lite just so I can relive my childhood and play Stunt Race FX once again. All other games are gravy.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Played some Super Mario World yesterday. I think I'll finally go ahead and finish this game for the first time, now that I can easily rewind every time the physics are bad (I've been rewinding A LOT).

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Played Demon's Crest and I'm blown away. That's the Gameboy game I loved as a kid, but bigger and better!
During the intro my muscle memory went 20 years back and I felt like I just met an old friend. Fucking Firebrand! I'm gonna complete this game.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
It would be neat if they added "SP" versions of Star Fox and Stunt Race FX with the SuperFX overclocked.

Now this would be interesting. I feel there will be resistance to doing such a thing internally at Nintendo. Previously, the SP hacks have been restricted to altering game rules. Changing how the performance behaves is a different thing entirely. Even though it would make it "better", I'm sure they have said it would alter the experience of the game as it was for those who played it first time around. So a purity thing.

Personally, I'm on the side of giving it a boost. Cannot see it happening. The slowdown on Super Ghosts & Goblins wasn't fixed on the classic, so I think they'll leave them as they were.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sound seems really low playing portable, at least Metroid, I havent tried any other game.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the best place to look for future games are the remaining titles on the datamined list:
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
NES games were added once a month, but I don't think we have a solid idea here.
Oh shit we got datamining up in hurr? Most of those look great!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, I didn't realize the western game list had a Super Famicom exclusive, that's awesome. Hopefully they keep putting Japanese only games on the service worldwide so you don't have to download the Japanese app to play them.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
So excited for this. I already started begging for SFAM controllers. It would be great to see them available world wide but I bet they will be exclusive to JAPAN. )=

Oct 25, 2017
All of these games feel pretty responsive so far. Though unlikely, it makes me hope that the Mega Man X games eventually come to this so that we can actually play them on Switch without input lag.

They won't be in the subscription. They are being sold separately, in a "virtual console bundle", so to speak. I can't imagine Capcom fixing the issues and basically undercutting their own product at the same time.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh shit we got datamining up in hurr? Most of those look great!
To clarify; these were found in the NES app months ago; we got most of the games found back then (and some that weren't), but we can assume that most (if not all) of those remaining games will make it eventually.

Feb 21, 2018
Too bad the controller isn't out yet. I'm holding off playing the good titles until I get one which judging by last year will probably start shipping sometime in December

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I know this is an English-speaking board but I'm surprised the SNES titles are all in English rather than my native tongue here in Europe. Most of these titles had localisation. Maybe it's an error but still...

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is an English-speaking board but I'm surprised the SNES titles are all in English rather than my native tongue here in Europe. Most of these titles had localisation. Maybe it's an error but still...

I think they want to have all the games running at 60Hz. So that's why they're just using the NTSC UC releases for everywhere in the West. Same applied with the SNES mini iirc.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I didn't realize they ended the monthly schedule of adding news games with SNES drop. That sucks.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I think they want to have all the games running at 60Hz. So that's why they're just using the NTSC UC releases for everywhere in the West. Same applied with the SNES mini iirc.

I see. I don't really mind anyways :) Localisation can also be a con :P It was quite disturbing with the recent ports of Final Fantasy VII. They re-translated so many items and materia names there so it became tough to look up things on guides from the internet.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They won't be in the subscription. They are being sold separately, in a "virtual console bundle", so to speak. I can't imagine Capcom fixing the issues and basically undercutting their own product at the same time.

Uh. The problems are in the emulator that Capcom used for the collection, not the ROMs. If they appear on the Switch SNES service, they will run within Nintendo's emulator, not Capcom's. The problem won't be present.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I really wish they had a remapping option on SNES because L/R not spin-jumping in SMW is gonna fuck me up so bad

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Glad Nintendo went with a sharp pixel approach for these games with CRT off rather than some horrid muddy bilinear filter that a lot of emulators use by default.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
It's funny that the games don't fill the top and bottom of the screen, because they're still leaving the space that was once occupied by the control information. Bit lazy!

Oct 27, 2017
Wish they would have added Panel-de-Pon/Tetris Attack instead of Puyo Puyo 2. Puyo Puyo will never not be anything more than a b-tier puzzle game. Give us the greatness, Nintendo!

Karakato

Oct 29, 2017
Is it weird that i actually like Stunt racer fx better than super Mario Kart? I know it runs less smoothly but I enjoyed the feel of the driving better. It didnt feel as slippery as smk and I kinda dig the polygonal look. I will admit Mario kart is the better objective game (better performance, more courses and racers) but I get the same charms from the fx racing game as i did from star fox. For a game i was a bit dreadful to try, I was pleasantly surprised despite the big performance issues.

Cheeky Devlin

Oct 31, 2017
Part of the charm for Stunt Race FX is in overcoming and managing the frame-rate. God I loved that game back in the 90's. Fantastic wee game.

Oct 30, 2017
I've got a 2018 OLED and I want to play these games on it, but that static background tho...Wish you could turn it off. I'd still sweat the static UI elements, but the side panels really worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.