• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There is another Enix game I would like to play. It's most likely the last game I will put on my SNES Mini, really satisfied with the games I put on the console so far.

The problem is, it's not starting on the SNES Mini. Is there an .ips for Illusion of Gaia? And what rom should I use?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
To anyone that doesn't keep track of the canoe's compatibility advances, it has been found that Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius has graphical issues and slowdown problems with the ID everyone has been using since the beginning.

The new setup is this:
Use Preset ID 8010 (Hakchi) and set Extra Byte to 09. Also add -no-lowlatency on the command line.

Last edited:

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Emily or ZhugeEX

What's the policy here about posting ROMs of unreleased games? If they are unreleased non-commercial games, technically unlicensed, from defunct game companies, would they be against the ToS? I have a ROM given to me by someone for Socks the Cat which is not really available for public release, but it's not prohibited either. I also have the final ROM for Nightmare Busters.

Last edited:

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
I have Mooded a super famicon mini, when i wanna play some games , i try to load the game on the suspended save mode and the console turn off. When a load the game It enters normal, and i can load the save game like Metroid . Any advice?

Bozala

May 3, 2018
Hi, I first wanted to thank all of you for your great work.
I'm having an issue with the japanese game Panel de Pon. I use SFROM tool to apply VC patch, then I apply the unheadered version of english translation patch (I have a no-intro rom), the game starts but crashes at the intro cutscene. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
For Panel de Pon, the VC patch changes the game to 1.1, but the translation requires 1.0.

In this case, your best bet would be to remove the VC patch from the Patches folder and remake the file.

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
Its on the USB If the tv. Its only not working the suspended points, its really This?
One thing: i am using the 8 bitdo receiver, i Will try whithout them
Yes, I have the same setup - even the 8bitdo - and had the same problems. When the system tries to draw too much unavailable power, it switches itself off to prevent damage.

TV will probably be supplying 0.5Amp power.

Last edited:

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I have the same setup - even the 8bitdo - and had the same problems. When the system tries to draw too much unavailable power, it switches itself off to prevent damage.

TV will probably be supplying 0.5Amp power.
Yeah i think irá the problem. When a use only the famicon controler everything Works Fine. Thanks for the advice.

Feb 15, 2018
I'm getting my SNES mini tomorrow, and am looking at obtaining some of the software ahead of that (so tonight basically).

I'm struggling to understand the benefits that SFROM and additional patching files offer over simply installing Retroarch and being done with it. I'm sure i'm missing something, and have done my best to search through as much of this thread as possible, but cant find an answer. Can anyone help explain?

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
Canoe has historically offered a much more responsive experience. Games running this way use all the features of the SNESC.

You don't need to use SFROM tool at all. It's possible to apply sluffy's patches in a number of ways.

RetroArch has recently added a feature that will reduce latency of button presses. We should know soon how well that works on SNESC.

Nov 23, 2017
Is there a way to add more space to SNES Classic? I'd like to try to get as much of the library as I can on it. I was able to put all NA and EUR games on my NES Classic so I'd like to try something similar with SNES. I already used the mod that re-allocates save memory elsewhere.

Shade Aurion

Oct 27, 2017
Brisbane, Au
Not directly because it still needs power somehow. So you need a USB OTG Adapter for it to work. But otherwise yes you can have a USB with as many games as you like on it.
Aaaaaand i'm back to modding my own and my partner's sibling's SNES Mini.. i'd say 16gb each should be enough :3 Thanks for letting me know dude!

I see some comments saying that alternate emulators to SNES have troubles working on hakchi CE compared to the original. Is this something that has since been patched? I still have original hakchi installed and everything works so I would be reluctant to ruin my setup. I'd rather add to it

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyway to save states that dosent include Reseting the Snes mini? Is the retroarch emulator the only way?

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But that includes resetting the system. That's what you said you didn't want green mario.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So sluffy just quit. He feels disappointment he hasn't been able to fix more stuff.

It would be helpful if people here would say some encouraging words to him to not quit.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's all the people whining about non-issues about blue lines and blinking lines. He is burnt out yet again.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Well that's a shame... I wish there was a way we could compensate sluffy for all the amazing work he's done for us. I never expected anyone would, yet he rose up and delivered like a true unsung hero. What he did for Uniracers is nothing short of mindblowing!

I know he said he couldn't (somehow) accept a SNESC as a gift, but is there any other way we could send some cold hard cash his way? I would in a heartbeat!

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Demi, please save all the patches you haven't saved, because if sluffy doesn't come back, no one will have the patches once sendspace deletes them.

Check my doc for patches that have been updated.

Feb 15, 2018
I have just flashed my SNES mini but I think maybe my sfrom and patch files are not being located correctly, as Rock n Roll Racing is showing a black screen on the first few menus.
I put the sfrom tool in the dedicated folder present in hakchi 2 structure and I put the patches in the sfrom patch subfolder. Then I deleted the XML file that was in the sfrom folder. That's correct isn't it?
I downloaded the most recent patch pack from post no 2.

Edit - worked it out. Forgot to enable the sfrom tool. All working great now.

Last edited:

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
I was thinking, hoping that sluffy does return after a well needed rest, that we could make things less stressful for him?

Maybe change the orange highlight to a green that is close to the fully fixed green?my thinking is that this would hopefully de-emphasise the little things like flashing lines and such that don't really get in the way of gameplay.

And maybe prioritise good games over all games? The deluge of Japanese games that slowed down progress might have contributed to his burning out.

I doubt there is anything we can do about the haters and PM antisocial crowds.

Thoughts?