• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe for the USB controller, then I'd throw the unit in the bin.

To clarify, none of the hacks use the built-in emulator, do they? Because as far as I know, that emulator is shit. So at that point it's another Retroarch machine, and I have better things for that.

How can you make those pad to work with steam games? I connected them to my notebook but I couldn't map anything, so I don't know if I need to download a driver or something

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to putting some games onto this yesterday, one of them being Terranigma (I used the one from the SFROM Mega Pack). I did notice however, that there's a slight "crackle" that happens when you talk to people sometimes. Is that a common issue, and if so, is there no way to fix it? It's not something I can't overlook, but it'd be better if it wasn't there at all.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm finally done messing around with my Classic, I've got all the games I want on it and (seemingly) working correctly. The only things left to do is add the Retroarch module for the games that won't run otherwise... but I can probably do that another time.

I had to make a whole bunch of custom thumbnails for games that didn't seem to have any in any of the collections I've found, so I'm zipping them up and sharing them here in case anyone wants 'em. There might be some repeats and alts mixed in.

SNES CLASSIC CUSTOM THUMBNAILS

Brandish-2.png
BS-Zelda-alt.png
Road-Runner-Death-Valley-Rally.png
radical-dreamers-alt.png
slayers.png
SMT-if.png
Star-Ocean.png
Super-Btt-F.png
Tiny-Toon-Wacky-Sports.png
Turtles-Tournament-Fighters-alt.png
ys-mask-of-the-sun-alt.png

SteevL

Dec 25, 2018
Kind of surprised that Terranigma from that pack didn't already have the preset ID set properly! I guess some things will always slip through the cracks.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I havent played Terranigma yet but games like Evermore or SimCity 2000 absolutely are noticable without the sound ID present.

therourke

Jan 20, 2018
London
I never noticed a Terranigma problem. But that ID is 10EF(sfromtool)/EF10(hakchi)? Adding it to those games only has a positive effect right? Like, it's not going to detract from the game if it doesn't actually do anything? (My Sim City ID is set at 1027!??)

edit: reading on some reddit threads that people said removing the borders helped with Terranigma sound thing. Sounds similar to Marvelous, needing that tiny bit more juice.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
SimCity != SimCity 2000

EF10 and EC10 are found to solve some sound issues in some games.

The_jMag

Nov 1, 2017
My good friend brought me a super famicom mini from his recent trip to Japan. I've used hakchi before with my US SNES a month after launch, but now I'm debating whether to leave my JP console in box or to play around with it. Is there a hack to change language to English on the UI and possibly replace the games with English versions after backing the original files up? Or would it be easier to make a sub folder and upload English versions and keep the original JP games as is? I don't plan to use the usb mod for 100s of games and retroarch and would rather use the systems stock emulator. I might add a few more snes games from my small collection but that's about it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
My good friend brought me a super famicom mini from his recent trip to Japan. I've used hakchi before with my US SNES a month after launch, but now I'm debating whether to leave my JP console in box or to play around with it. Is there a hack to change language to English on the UI and possibly replace the games with English versions after backing the original files up? Or would it be easier to make a sub folder and upload English versions and keep the original JP games as is? I don't plan to use the usb mod for 100s of games and retroarch and would rather use the systems stock emulator. I might add a few more snes games from my small collection but that's about it.

There is a mod for changing Japanese to English:

I don't think you can "replace" the stock games, your best bet is to hide them and just re-upload English versions.

therourke

Jan 20, 2018
London
Trials of Mana rom extracted from Switch collection...

Tell me you're thinking the same thing I am thinking?

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It has a brand new title screen, the font is different and I assume the translation is different to an extent as well because of the ROM expansion

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
It has a brand new title screen, the font is different and I assume the translation is different to an extent as well because of the ROM expansion
AFAIK, at least, I've never seen a company pay for a fan translation, so I'd presume it's their original work.
I'm sure they'll be comparison videos up soon.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I read they changed up how characters talked, giving them accents and such. The Sprite character you can pick apparently speaks like a baby now.

therourke

Jan 20, 2018
London
It loads no problem on my Super NT.

Does this mean that the Mana collection comes with a version of Canoe inside it? Specifically to load the SNES games?

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Is there any way to buy digital Switch games without owning a Switch? I want to play Trials, and I want to know if I could just buy it and then play it through retroarch.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to buy digital Switch games without owning a Switch? I want to play Trials, and I want to know if I could just buy it and then play it through retroarch.

You can buy games digitally via Nintendo and it gets tied to your account now afaik. But you can't "download it" without a switch if that's what you mean.

www.nintendo.com

Collection of Mana for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Collection of Mana and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

click "Buy Digital"

The people who ripped this are using homebrew'd switch to get access to the software.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
You need to have a Switch to download Switch games, even via the website, your account has to have a Switch ID tied to it which means having logged into a Switch at least once. Without doing so you just get "Error Code 9001-0026 To continue, please access Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console linked to this Nintendo Account."

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Doubtful. Just M2 wizardry at work, which is why the Sega Mini should be good.

Which is also why if someone's only interest in it is to hack it and put a bunch more games on it it may be best to wait a bit.

Luckly it's a good enough package as is, both games wise and who is making it.

Some screens of Charlotte speaking like a baby how cyooote ^___^

Oh my. Yeah don't think I'm feeling any pain about just keeping the fan translation on my snes mini.

socksfelloff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a thread for the NES classic ? I haven't found it so I thought I'd ask here.

The NES classic has horrible sound delay and horizontal shimmer in 4:3 mode. Are there any fixes for this ? I haven't seen any.

I'm not interested in using an emulator outside of canoe.