• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, BoF1? Didn't we suspect that was stuck in licensing hell?

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Tetris Attack would be heaven but they won't release it because of 'Tetris' in the title, just like they didn't on the Wii VC.

Sim City would be heaven but I'm guessing is blocked by EA. I was deveatated when it was removed from the Wii VC before I had a chance to purchase it.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
How is the first breath of fire? I've always wanted to try the series, so this seems like a good time to dive in. Also need to finally play super metroid. Hyped that snes is finally here.
If I could erase one video game from memory and get to experience it again for the first time, it would be Super Metroid. Savour that shit. Wear headphones.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Tetris Attack would be heaven but they won't release it because of 'Tetris' in the title, just like they didn't on the Wii VC.

Sim City would be heaven but I'm guessing is blocked by EA. I was deveatated when it was removed from the Wii VC before I had a chance to purchase it.
Tetris will be on the Genesis/MD Classic so perhaps they're becoming a little more lax with the rights. They have a great relationship with Nintendo right now, afterall.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I mean they already got the Tetris license for 99 so who knows

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Super excited for this but I really wish they would change how online play works. It needs matchmaking.

Have it be game specific so that you can enter matchmaking mode while you play single player and people can just jump in with you.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Exciting. I'll be happy to rematch my punkass sister in Kirby's Dream Course.
If this service got Tetris Attack, I think I'd scream.

tetris-attack-03.png

With Kirby's Dream Course available, this is now my one remaining hope and dream for this service. If I could play this online with friends, I'd be mega-happy.
Also, miss me with that Pokemon Puzzle League madness. If you think they're the same, you simply don't know the majesty and charm that Tetris Attack happily vomits up in the most adorable way.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Despite owning the NES mini (and still retaining the original console + games) I was pumped to be able to play the Mario Bros games, Punch Out, Tennis etc on the Switch.

I own the SNES mini, but I don't have the same enthusiasm/excitement to be able to play the SNES games on the Switch itself (well I might perk up a little for Donkey Kong Country lol).

Maybe next year they'll announce some N64 games ?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Hell man if snes gets 2-3 games a month that's going to be amazing considering how much more substantial the games are vs nes games. So hyped.

New NES and SNES games will be added irregularly to the service instead of being monthly releases now.

Well fuck guess I spoke too soon. Hopefully it'll be better than monthly. Not being on a schedule anymore makes me sad though because there won't be something to look forward to regularly. Could lead to nice surprises though I guess

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will now finally pay attention to the games they announce lol

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I hope we got the original Panel de Pon mainly because I prefer the original fairies as opposed to the American version which I felt has a misguided localisation. An example is: their use of Tetris in the title was meant to turn heads towards this game, but it has very little in common with Tetris. This has a short-term benefit only because (I believe) the Tetris license is pretty strict on what games should or should not end up on systems, due to the susceptibility to being delisted if a new Tetris game is on the horizon.

thank you for reading.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
New NES and SNES games will be added irregularly to the service instead of being monthly releases now.
Hell man if snes gets 2-3 games a month that's going to be amazing considering how much more substantial the games are vs nes games. So hyped.

Well fuck guess I spoke too soon. Hopefully it'll be better than monthly. Not being on a schedule anymore makes me sad though because there won't be something to look forward to regularly. Could lead to nice surprises though I guess
Could be faster, could also mean they are alternating, could be bigger batches. I'm sure we'll still get stuff regularly. Heck that's what the US site says, that new games will be added regularly.

Likely the rate and mix isn't constant so that's why they mixed up the wording

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Positive.

Not so much.

Wow.
I'm well past the point of being civil when it comes to Nintendo's online strategy. I'm going to vote with my wallet next-gen and not support them unless there are serious changes regarding the availability of classic games on Switch online. People can call me an entitled gamer if they want but I don't have to give them my money if their product is shite.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Whelp..that made me finally do it
It's my first time subbing to an online gaming on consoles. Got the 12 months offer lol

Last edited:

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Am I the only one who finds it weird that they did not mention save state support for these games? I mean, they have to be there, right? Even the 3DS VC had save states.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Irregular release schedule worries me a bit. I doubt they'll go too long since they want to keep people subscribed, but...we'll see.

Wait, BoF1? Didn't we suspect that was stuck in licensing hell?

It got released on the Wii U (or 3DS, I forget), so it wasn't impossible. I think we all just expected BoF2 first since Capcom presumably has to deal with Square for the first game.

I do hope that means Square will consider these services soon, but signing off on one game is different from putting on their own stuff. Bodes well for Mario RPG though, I guess.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They're really, finally doing it. And actually getting right after it with Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Kart. Breath of Fire is cool but I hope the big RPGs are coming!

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Although I can't read Japanese, I am excited at the possibility to get some Japan only games on the service and forcing my way though them. That will be the benefit of region free in this service. Was great having Famicom online go get the better music and sound options.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
LTTP runs like shit on 3DS virtual console so might as well start it all over again on the switch!

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I'm very glad for this but I don't totally get why there's the artificial exclusion of some obvious choices. Why not have the first games simply be what is already available on the SNES Mini and build from there?

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
Awesome to see Breath of Fire on there. Going to finally play that. Also reupping my sub based on this alone

Status
Not open for further replies.