• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yes - you're correct - I'm just noting the third "ride" wasn't a classic ride in terms of being an attraction with a footprint, just beasts you could ride across the land.

Of course the capacity and crowding issues there basically makes that a non-starter for some time.

They did build with expansion in mind - but that seems like it's a long ways off as they have other fish to fry for the next 8-10 years.

Only expansion I see happening immediately is the table service restaurant within a year probably.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Only expansion I see happening immediately is the table service restaurant within a year probably.

yes yes. that seems like the likely first expansion. and hopefully they go hyper premium with it - food and entertainment wise, for the exact reason others point out in that it'll be booked anyway so make it a very special thing to do.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
maybe even turn Splash Mountain into a Kashyyk/Wookie themed ride. It would finally get rid of that...problematic element of the park.

There's nothing "problematic" (such a weak word) about Splash Mountain. Most of the people riding it day-to-day have never seen the film and never will; the ride clearly stands on its own. Whether those characters were in a racist movie decades ago is irrelevant.

The Looney Tunes crew were in a lot of "problematic" content over the years but we don't need to hide them today. We can chill and focus on the things that actually matter.

Oct 25, 2017
yes yes. that seems like the likely first expansion. and hopefully they go hyper premium with it - food and entertainment wise, for the exact reason others point out in that it'll be booked anyway so make it a very special thing to do.
Yup
Definitely want it to live up to the original concept art.
starwarsrestaurant.0.jpg

Star-Wars-Dinner-Club-concept-art.jpg

If they actually went all in like that, it would be the main attraction of the entire land for me.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Video of the Vader Legacy Lightsaber:

I think this might have been the last one I've been waiting to see a video of.

I honestly think I'm just going to have to decide when I actually go and can see and touch them in person. I can watch all the videos I can but I doubt it'll help me make the final choice.

I do think I've narrowed it down to Kylo Ren's or Rey/Luke/Anakin's.
Kylo's has that unique flicker effect, a cool design, and the cross blades.
But Rey's is the most classic design and I love all the shiny silver it has.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I went to this on Thursday evening, and overall it was pretty cool. I didn't have the cash to drop on a lightsaber or a droid, but seeing kids doing that whole experience made me think that if I was a kid experiencing that, I'd be in awe.

The ride was alright. I would have been disappointed if I had to wait three hours to do it, but for the half hour I waited it was a fun experience. Got to go twice and be a pilot as well as an engineer. The pilot stuff felt kind of confusing? I wasn't sure where to steer the ship at times. With my family though it was a fun group experience. My younger cousins loved it.

I liked the blue milk, but wouldn't pay $8 for it again. The sausage/pita thing I ate was very yummy, and I love how into it all the cast members were when buying stuff.

The storm troopers made a little girl cry, and basically just walked off, which I thought was hilarious but her parents weren't too thrilled haha. Seems like their sayings are all pre-programmed?

Overall, I'm excited to see them expand this. It really does feel like you're stepping into another word, and that isolation is a really cool effect. Bummed I couldn't get into the cantina, but that leaves something to do next time I visit.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
There's nothing "problematic" (such a weak word) about Splash Mountain. Most of the people riding it day-to-day have never seen the film and never will; the ride clearly stands on its own. Whether those characters were in a racist movie decades ago is irrelevant.

The Looney Tunes crew were in a lot of "problematic" content over the years but we don't need to hide them today. We can chill and focus on the things that actually matter.
Hell Donald duck was a nazi in a cartoon in the 1940's. No one calls him a problematic character.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Any chance the legacy lightsabers will be available outside the park? Finally FX sabers with the proper ignitions.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Any chance the legacy lightsabers will be available outside the park? Finally FX sabers with the proper ignitions.
No idea, but I'd love it if they would someday. For now I feel like they're the kind of exclusive merch that Disney wants to keep Park exclusive to get people to come.

On the online Disney Store they do sell Rey and Kylo "Deluxe Lightsabers" that I think are basically the previous versions of the Legacy Lightsabers. They look almost identical and have similar removable blades (even the stickers on them are identical to the Legacy ones), but they mechanism for removing the blade seems a little different (you have to screw on/off a piece when you do it), the blades don't seem to be the Savi/Legacy style where they flash a different color when they clash (they just seem to turn off for a moment), and Kylo's at least seems to have different sound effects and flicker effect on the blades.

One thing I'm almost positive about is that they'll probably at least sell the lightsaber blades online someday. More and more people are going to be getting Savi/Legacy blades and I'm sure people are going to be breaking them eventually and needing replacements.
And if they'll have the blades available on the store, maybe they'll put some or all of the Legacy sabers online too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This might sound controversial, but I think that if in a later date Disney wants to expand and add to Galaxy Edge but runs out of space, they should just absorb Critter Country into the land, maybe even turn Splash Mountain into a Kashyyk/Wookie themed ride. It would finally get rid of that...problematic element of the park.
Doubt they'd ever do that just because they already dumped a considerable amount of time into burying that half of Splash Mountain to make it marketable again and also because it's a mainstay and the backlash would be unheard of. For reference, they recently turned a theater on Main Street into a shop. It wasn't a very crowded attraction, people mainly just went in there to chill out when it was hot outside, but people were still pissed.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Went Saturday afternoon, had a great time and did everything I wanted, thanks to suggestions and tips from people here.

I went straight to Savi's and got a build time and sent my girlfriend and her sister to the Cantina and they just barely got us a seating time for the last hour of our visit.
After we got times, rode the ride and got the right pilot seat. Then walked around a bit - and saw what could have been a bit of an ongoing story with the Stormtroopers? We saw them searching for someone behind Smugglers Run, then saw a First Order Commander round a squadron up to find someone specifically near the First Order area?
Built a Protection and Defense Saber with a blue kyber crystal. Wanted to buy a red crystal afterwards but all they had was blue left (until August 24th from what an employee told me?) so might be best to pick any color but blue for any of you all going to this in that time frame. The "Jedi temple store" was the coolest out of all the stores. So much awesome stuff and such a beautifully built place. (I wonder what battle the ancient stone tablets right in the entrance are supposed to be detailing?)
Bought a thermite grenade Coke/Sprite and the multi colored popcorn.
Between me, my girlfriend, and her sister we had a table full of the drinks at the Cantina: Bantha Blue milk with cookie, Tauntaun, Slug Slinger, Jet Juice, Bespin Fizz, Outer Rim. I liked all of them but that Slug Slinger has a grassy, gin like taste that the girls hated. We got the Olga's Obsession jello pods with pop rocks and they were alright. The hard snacks were absolutely horrible so avoid like the plague.

I did a little bit of the Disney Play AR/Star Wars game here and there but had issues hacking anything in the Smugglers Run ride. And this thing is super hard to play and focus on unless you're waiting in 4 hour lines or something which we weren't. I expect it might be an invaluable time sink for people braving this area when it opens to the masses later.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Whats the price on those boxed light sabers?
Depends on which one you get. Between $100 and $200
Yeah, the cheapest Legacy sabers are the $110 ones that come with just the hilt (Rey's, Mace Windu's, Temple Guard, etc).

Ones that come with a extra piece are $130 (Darth Maul's and Ventress's have a connector piece so you can connect two of them, Luke's RotJ one has a separate more movie accurate top that doesn't fit the blade)

Kylo Ren's is $150 but comes with the two little cross blades and a belt clip.

And then Ashoko's is $200 but has two of them.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if they were just waiting to get rid of them so they can repackage future ones to avoid the flashlight trick

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Wondering if they were just waiting to get rid of them so they can repackage future ones to avoid the flashlight trick

Hmm, yep, this is exactly what I was met with walking in there yesterday. But a small section of the center part had the little blue crystal Kyber vials being sold.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally went yesterday. Fantastic. Really like the entry experience walking in from Critter Country and seeing the area in the distance. It is without a doubt the most dense and best themed land in any of the Disney parks I've been to. It really does feel like a Mos Eisley-equivalent, which is pretty awesome. When you're there you don't really feel like you're in Disneyland anymore, and when you cross back into Disneyland, there is no evidence it even exists apart from select views from Critter Country and riding on Thunder Mountain. I found it all to be very impressive in terms of design.

I didn't buy anything, and do wish 80% of the land wasn't just shops. The lightsabers were everywhere though. Plenty of kids walking around with them even (and the droids). Disney must be making a killing off pricing them so expensive.

Tried to get in the Cantina at the start of my reservation, absolute no go. It was a mad house and the Disney employees were uncharacteristically assholes about it. I sort of understand, but it was still surprising.

Instead I ate at Docking Bay 7 and had the Pot Roast -- it was great. Much better than any other food you can get in the parks outside of the Premium dining experiences, imo. Definitely am going to eat there again, and just hope the quality doesn't decline when we're further than a month out from launch and they aren't ensuring the quality as much.

Smuggler's Run was fun, did it 3 times. Got to do Pilot, Co-Pilot, and Gunner. The two pilot roles were much more fun, main Pilot especially. Really impressed with the Hondo AA and the entire way the post-pre-show holding area looked leading up to entering the cockpit. They really spent time replicating the Falcon's interior, and it's awesome.

But at the end of the day, it is just one ride. They need way more attractions, even with Rise later.

I also kind of wish they just made an entire Star Wars park rather than this one land if this is the quality on display. There are so many potential attractions with this franchise that just having a couple seems like a huge missed opportunity.

I'm just saying it took nearly 25 years for an all-new ride to come to Disneyland - and there's about to be 3 of them in 3 years.

They won't add a new ride when it's crazy popular - they'll add the ride when the popularity starts to wane a bit.
I don't think the past is a significant indication of the future. Disney currently has a mandate to build more in the parks than they did in the past. They always want to increase capacity and potential guests (hence the new parking structure as well and the Eastern Gateway redevelopment plan), they just have a space issue. There's actually going to be at least 5 new rides within the next 3 years (the two Galaxy's Edge rides, two Marvel land rides, and the Mickey and Minnie Runaway Train in Toontown).
This might sound controversial, but I think that if in a later date Disney wants to expand and add to Galaxy Edge but runs out of space, they should just absorb Critter Country into the land, maybe even turn Splash Mountain into a Kashyyk/Wookie themed ride. It would finally get rid of that...problematic element of the park.
I don't think they will do that, but I do think they actually have some additional room between Pooh and Rise of the Resistance to put something else there too.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When you think about it, while $200 for the lightsaber seems to be expensive, you're actually getting a lot out of it.

- Custom hilt with a crystal
- Blade
- Pin that represents what saber you chose
- Padded bag to put your saber in
- And the show/experience you get while building

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you think about it, while $200 for the lightsaber seems to be expensive, you're actually getting a lot out of it.

- Custom hilt with a crystal
- Blade
- Pin that represents what saber you chose
- Padded bag to put your saber in
- And the show/experience you get while building
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

That "value" is only created because of the way Disney decided to price these individual items.

The blade is a part of the saber and should not cost extra no matter what saber you get, but if you get a legacy saber you still need to buy it separately (which instantly gets the price pretty close to the $200 custom one anyway). The legacy sabers also come in unique boxes which is an equivalent to the bag. Similarly, the crystal is not an added value. All of the sabers come with them. The option to buy additional ones is fine, but it doesn't mean the included crystals are somehow an added cost.

The show/experience is the only thing you could argue is extra value, but every other show/experience in Disneyland is provided for free after you enter the park, so it isn't an exceptionally strong point.

$200 is absolutely still expensive. People are paying for it, and Disney obviously is raking it in because of that, but it doesn't change that it is expensive.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
$200 is a lot for most casual fans, but $200 is not just reasonable but bordering on a bargain if you are a Star Wars fan into saber replicas. IMO their sabers (both the custom ones and legacy) the best bang for your buck collectibles at Galaxy's Edge. So much so that I don't think they will stay at that price for very long the way things are looking.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Disney sells affordable lightsabers too.
The Savi and Legacy ones are pretty much for collectors, diehard fans, or a big gift for a kid.

I mean, it's Disneyland, they sell a ton of expensive stuff. Buy a handful of those collectible pins they sell everywhere and that's the cost of a Savi/Legacy Lightsaber right there.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I don't think the past is a significant indication of the future. Disney currently has a mandate to build more in the parks than they did in the past. They always want to increase capacity and potential guests (hence the new parking structure as well and the Eastern Gateway redevelopment plan), they just have a space issue. There's actually going to be at least 5 new rides within the next 3 years (the two Galaxy's Edge rides, two Marvel land rides, and the Mickey and Minnie Runaway Train in Toontown).

Ok no.

First I said Disneyland, the Marvel Rides at DCA don't count (and those are replacing multiple existing rides too so aren't necessarily capacity drivers!)

Secondly - after Rise and Mickey and Minnie; there are two primary things they are rumored to be looking at - getting Frozen into Fantasyland, and redeveloping Tomorrwland. That alone pushes further Galaxy's Edge rides out a decade.

And let's not talking about the parking structure like it's some huge thing to increase capacity. They HAD to build it. Parking has been a gigantic sore spot at the resort and for the City of Anaheim for years now (on busy park days Disney causes utter traffic gridlock in anaheim due to lack of parking). They badly underestimated the way Annual passholders would get to the park and it's why they have to gouge you for 25 dollars and won't sell you annual parking to try and use price to reduce demand. They have been so under the amount of parking spaces they need and they are really just back to even now, if that. We will see.

Capital investments for new rides aren't as common as they seem right now (19 year drought for Disneyland!!!) - and when they are happening it's around getting specific IP into the park - hence why I'd guess Frozen and Tron (?) and far more likely candidate for Disneyland before more Star Wars rides are.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$200 is a lot for most casual fans, but $200 is not just reasonable but bordering on a bargain if you are a Star Wars fan into saber replicas.
As a collector's item, I'm aware it's a great price. I think the group of people who are "Star Wars fans into Saber replicas" is an exceptionally small number though, and these are selling to a far wider range of people.

For the average person, $200 IS expensive. And I'm aware they seller the much cheaper variety too over at Star Tours. I don't really have an issue with the price, it's just not something I personally would spend that money on. And I'm a bit surprised at the number of people who ARE. And I think given that it is clearly a park experience catered towards all park guests (even though it isn't priced that way) it is somewhat exploitative of Disney.

But I'm not really complaining.

I do think the custom build saber doesn't really seem to be a much greater value than the legacy sabers though, some of which are much cheaper.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok no.

First I said Disneyland, the Marvel Rides at DCA don't count (and those are replacing multiple existing rides too so aren't necessarily capacity drivers!)

Secondly - after Rise and Mickey and Minnie; there are two primary things they are rumored to be looking at - getting Frozen into Fantasyland, and redeveloping Tomorrwland. That alone pushes further Galaxy's Edge rides out a decade.

And let's not talking about the parking structure like it's some huge thing to increase capacity. They HAD to build it. Parking has been a gigantic sore spot at the resort and for the City of Anaheim for years now (on busy park days Disney causes utter traffic gridlock in anaheim due to lack of parking). They badly underestimated the way Annual passholders would get to the park and it's why they have to gouge you for 25 dollars and won't sell you annual parking to try and use price to reduce demand. They have been so under the amount of parking spaces they need and they are really just back to even now, if that. We will see.

Capital investments for new rides aren't as common as they seem right now (19 year drought for Disneyland!!!) - and when they are happening it's around getting specific IP into the park - hence why I'd guess Frozen and Tron (?) and far more likely candidate for Disneyland before more Star Wars rides are.
DCA and Disneyland is all part of the same thing. It's TDA (Versus TDO in Florida). So new development in DCA does "count". Much of the new Marvel land is also being built on former backstage space. The Bugs Land rides were never huge drivers, and they're not even completely gone (see: the soon to open Inside Out rebranding on the pier).

I know Disneyland hasn't had a meaningful addition in quite some time, but again, I don't think that is an indication of current and near future plans. As you even agree, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland changes are likely coming.

I agree that the current push for new development is IP-driven, but that's not a bad thing. New is new. And Star Wars is also a valuable IP for Disney (and certainly more than Tron). I don't see them calling it quits with what they've done here just because they have other parts of the park to focus on too. There's no reason things can't happen simultaneously. I certainly don't think it is going to take a decade to see a third ride in Galaxy's Edge.

Additionally, while Tomorrowland needs the attention the most, it still seems to be the furthest out (unfortunately), precisely because there aren't a lot of strong IP options like there are in Fantasyland (or more Star Wars).

Because of the boxed-in nature of Disneyland, a lot of future in development is also going to depend on how existing areas are re-developed. For example, in addition to all of the currently (essentially) empty space in Tomorrowland (and soon to be redundant space, like Star Tours)...

• The Storybook Canals/Casey Jr/Fantasyland Theatre area could all potentially be redeveloped for Fantasyland or Galaxy's Edge.
  • Western Toontown could be shaved away for Galaxy's Edge.
  • Autopia, the Sub Lagoon, and Monorail could be redeveloped partially or completely for either Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.
I think all options are on the table, but any of those redevelopment plans would drastically change these sections of the park, and aren't going to be decisions they make lightly. Galaxy's Edge having at least one (possibly two) expansion pads that don't require in-park redevelopment is an advantage.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I understand it's all connected, and that's also my point too. Disneyland hasn't never needed the "help" - but it does need capacity. DCA was built to alleviate, and then needed a billion dollar redo.

But end of the day they are going for things that drive revenue not capacity. Tower of Terror retheme didn't add capacity. The Pier has just been redone but they wanted more IP for revenue reasons. And Bug's Land's capacity wasn't necessarily being used (approx 1600 hourly?) whereas Marvel will be really successful there and drive people to the parks.

I just see them thinking Star Wars is in good shape for a bit, and looking at what else they can do. A new Star Wars ride isn't going to make the park any busier than the first two rides, or sell any more merch anytime in the foreseeable future. (The next truly big SW thing will be the Orlando Hotel)

Hence why I think they will be putting the capital investment elsewhere.

But I hope you're right and this is a new era of build build build. I just don't see it tho. I think the boom is around putting the two big IPs in the parks, and once that is complete, it'll be the measured decisions as always, with unrepresented characters having a big leg up (looking at you Anna and Elsa).

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

That "value" is only created because of the way Disney decided to price these individual items.

The blade is a part of the saber and should not cost extra no matter what saber you get, but if you get a legacy saber you still need to buy it separately (which instantly gets the price pretty close to the $200 custom one anyway). The legacy sabers also come in unique boxes which is an equivalent to the bag. Similarly, the crystal is not an added value. All of the sabers come with them. The option to buy additional ones is fine, but it doesn't mean the included crystals are somehow an added cost.

The show/experience is the only thing you could argue is extra value, but every other show/experience in Disneyland is provided for free after you enter the park, so it isn't an exceptionally strong point.

$200 is absolutely still expensive. People are paying for it, and Disney obviously is raking it in because of that, but it doesn't change that it is expensive.

I'm being completely serious. And I pointed out it was expensive. I just feel that's it worth it for what you get out of it, from the quality of the saber to the items you get along the experience.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand it's all connected, and that's also my point too. Disneyland hasn't never needed the "help" - but it does need capacity. DCA was built to alleviate, and then needed a billion dollar redo.

But end of the day they are going for things that drive revenue not capacity. Tower of Terror retheme didn't add capacity. The Pier has just been redone but they wanted more IP for revenue reasons. And Bug's Land's capacity wasn't necessarily being used (approx 1600 hourly?) whereas Marvel will be really successful there and drive people to the parks.
I think you're basically hitting on it. Capacity and revenue go hand in hand. The idea is more IP = more interest = More revenue + capacity... which = more revenue. The ToT retheme was to set up their Marvel land plans (and honestly, probably, eventually doing away with Hollwoodland all together in favor of more Marvel). Making DCA into an actual draw will end up helping to fulfill its original purpose to alleviate Disneyland further.

That is also precisely why we have the Tomorrowland problem we do. They don't really have IP to use there and that conflicts with their current MO.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm headed to LA and Disneyland for two days next month with my 6 months pregnant wife and 3 year old daughter.

I know that I will not get a chance to have the full Star Wars galaxy experience with them in tow.

I'd like to go there, take a couple pictures and get one thing unique to the park. Money is no constraint, but time really will be.

What can I do?

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017

I just see them thinking Star Wars is in good shape for a bit, and looking at what else they can do. A new Star Wars ride isn't going to make the park any busier than the first two rides, or sell any more merch anytime in the foreseeable future. (The next truly big SW thing will be the Orlando Hotel)

Hence why I think they will be putting the capital investment elsewhere.

But I hope you're right and this is a new era of build build build. I just don't see it tho. I think the boom is around putting the two big IPs in the parks, and once that is complete, it'll be the measured decisions as always, with unrepresented characters having a big leg up (looking at you Anna and Elsa).

Though explain to me, how at WDW where Walt boasted about "The blessing of size" Florida offers, things have to be completely removed for something new to come in. However, at Disneyland they can add new attractions without removing anything.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I got to go again yesterday via invite.
My experience in the evening time was so much better than the morning.
Got to experience the cantina finally.
Fireworks in Batuu is awesome.
Built a Droid.

Only downside to the end of these reservation periods is they were sold out of tons of stuff like kyber crystals.

I never got to see the Sabacc deck.
No Jedi patches :(
Several legacy sabers were sold out.
Personality chip for droids all sold out.

I'm sure Monday will be a different story.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watching keenly how this week goes and see if they learn anything for the WDW launch

My current plan is to go the Monday after it opens for the 6am extra extra early magic hours and then try the next day if that fails, a reservation system would be lovely though

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Monday will be a different story.
I can't imagine it going over well tomorrow but my job is within 30 minutes of Disneyland with traffic so I'll be keeping a close eye on the crowd levels. Deluxe and lower are blocked out but only for Disneyland, not DCA

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I'll be visiting Disneyland after Galaxy's Edge opens at Disney World.

With any luck it mught ease the crowd a tiny bit.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm headed to LA and Disneyland for two days next month with my 6 months pregnant wife and 3 year old daughter.

I know that I will not get a chance to have the full Star Wars galaxy experience with them in tow.

I'd like to go there, take a couple pictures and get one thing unique to the park. Money is no constraint, but time really will be.

What can I do?
If your wife is fine with watching the kid for less than 30 minutes, the Millenium Falcon has a single rider line that basically gets you on in 5 minutes.

In terms of merchandise, I believe everything sold in Galaxy's Edge is unique to Galaxy's Edge. If money is no object, there's plenty to choose from. Lightsabers (based on the movie characters or build your own), buildable custom droids, stuffed animals and plushies, little mechanical creatures that sit on your shoulder, costumes (robes, jumpsuits, hats, helmets, masks, etc.) and accessories (like necklaces), statuettes and busts of varying sizes of various characters and ships, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pins, and patches, rancor-teeth shot glasses. You can even just grab some of the little crystals for the lightsabers without having a saber itself -- you can pair them with Jedi or Sith Holocrons as well.

Watching keenly how this week goes and see if they learn anything for the WDW launch

My current plan is to go the Monday after it opens for the 6am extra extra early magic hours and then try the next day if that fails, a reservation system would be lovely though
If they've learned anything it's to use HS' extra space to add 3x the capacity for the Cantina right now when there's still time to do something before launch.

Last edited:

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
If they got Andrew Sutton / the rest of the Napa Rose crew to do this hypothetical full-service restaurant, I would lose my mind.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The storm troopers made a little girl cry, and basically just walked off, which I thought was hilarious but her parents weren't too thrilled haha. Seems like their sayings are all pre-programmed?

Yea I've seen the system they use, basically have a glove like system attached to their pointing hand that's not holding the blaster, different gestures they make with the hand trigger a preset voice recording. They actually can't talk in those costumes.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If your wife is fine with watching the kid for less than 30 minutes, the Millenium Falcon has a single rider line that basically gets you on in 5 minutes.

In terms of merchandise, I believe everything sold in Galaxy's Edge is unique to Galaxy's Edge. If money is no object, there's plenty to choose from. Lightsabers (based on the movie characters or build your own), buildable custom droids, stuffed animals and plushies, little mechanical creatures that sit on your shoulder, costumes (robes, jumpsuits, hats, helmets, masks, etc.) and accessories (like necklaces), statuettes and busts of varying sizes of various characters and ships, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pins, and patches, rancor-teeth shot glasses. You can even just grab some of the little crystals for the lightsabers without having a saber itself -- you can pair them with Jedi or Sith Holocrons as well.

Thanks! This is really helpful. She'd be happy to sit somewhere for an hour if need be because she knows how much I love Star Wars. I didn't know they had a single rider line.

Do you have to wait in line to get into the store?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend is in the park right now. She said reservations for Savi's sold out all day within 10 minutes of opening up at 7am.

For the Cantina, 5 minutes.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My friend is in the park right now. She said reservations for Savi's sold out all day within 10 minutes of opening up at 7am.

Apparently still some Savi reservations popping up with the app. Wondering if they're sprinkling them in throughout the day.

Cantina, looking like good luck.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017

Definitely not surprised, I was there on Saturday (reservation day) and despite being relatively close to the front of the line, I managed to snag the last entrance ticket to the Cantina. I absolutely cannot imagine the chaos that is going on in there today.