• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What I saw happen is that people would send one member of their group to the cantina while the rest went to lightsabers, then they'd rejoin the lightsaber line after getting the reservation.

I was alone so I went lightsaber reservation first, then walked around for a bit, came back for my reservation, and by then the Falcon's line was 15-20 for the next 2 hours or so.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
All bets are off when the reservation system is removed tho. It sounds like there is a digital pass system.
So stuff like Savi's Lightsabers, the Falcon Ride, and the Cantina at Galaxy's Edge will probably work like other rides at Disneyland where you use the app to book reservation times ahead of time?

That would definitely be my preference. Especially if I spend extra to get the Fast Pass.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
No the digital pass is just to enter the land. I don't expect Fastpass for the Falcon. Tho it does sound like Savi's and Oga's are moving onto the reservation system:

From OC Register today

"Visitors anxious to see the new Star Wars land will need to book a Galaxy's Edge virtual queue boarding pass via the Disneyland app. Galaxy's Edge boarding passes will also be distributed at FastPass locations for Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain and Matterhorn Bobsleds. Galaxy's Edge visitors using the virtual queue boarding passes will be admitted in a continuous flow throughout the day as earlier visitors exit the new Star Wars land.

The booming business at Oga's Cantina and Savi's Workshop has forced Disneyland to require reservations for the popular spaceport cocktail bar and the lightsaber-building shop. Beginning Monday, Disneyland visitors will be required to book an advance reservation if they want to visit the limited capacity locations.

Expect a longer line for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run once the Galaxy's Edge boarding pass period begins. The queue for the new land's only attraction typically had less than an hour's wait during the reservation-only period.

The Rise of the Resistance dark ride, the new land's second attraction, is expected to open later this year."

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
The booming business at Oga's Cantina and Savi's Workshop has forced Disneyland to require reservations for the popular spaceport cocktail bar and the lightsaber-building shop. Beginning Monday, Disneyland visitors will be required to book an advance reservation if they want to visit the limited capacity locations.

I wonder how far ahead you can reserve the bar and saber stuff. Goin in December but id reserve ASAP if they let me LOL

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
So more info:

Galaxy's Edge is open at the beginning of the day and once it fills they switch to boarding passes on the app.

Oga's and Savi's reservations open at 7am each day. If you have a reservation, it also acts as a boarding pass -allowing you and a party (of up to 6 for Savi's) entry to Star Wars land 1 hour prior. Oga's party size can be as large as you like. Savi's is for one builder and two guests. You'll be charged the 200 dollars when you reserve Savi's. Non-refundable so if you don't show, you're out of luck. If you no-show Oga's, you're charged 10 dollars per guest.

No Fastpass will be available for Falcon - expect 2 hour line to be a barometer for a healthily full land.

No reservations for Droid Depot.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found a good Kylo Ren lightsaber video:

Almost positive that's the legacy lightsaber I want to get when I go. It flickers the main blade to simulate it's unstable look from the movies and includes both the cross blades a belt clip since it has a unique adapter.

I stumbled upon this video last night. I was comparing the new legacy Kylo Ren lightsaber with my Disney Parks one and it's practically identical. The paint job is exactly the same. The side blades are exactly the same. The connection for the belt clip is exactly the same. But the Galaxy's Edge one has a better connection for the main blade (I have to unscrew a piece on mine before I can put the blade in) and it appears to have better electronics too. Basically, the new Galaxy's Edge version has all the strengths (incredible hilt, flickering, side blades, belt clip) and almost none of the weaknesses (it has actual flash on clash instead of just briefly turning off, it has a better main blade attachment mechanism, and the sound appears to loop correctly) of the old one.

Last edited:

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Galaxy's Edge is open at the beginning of the day and once it fills they switch to boarding passes on the app.

Oga's and Savi's reservations open at 7am each day. If you have a reservation, it also acts as a boarding pass -allowing you and a party (of up to 6 for Savi's) entry to Star Wars land 1 hour prior. Oga's party size can be as large as you like. Savi's is for one builder and two guests. You'll be charged the 200 dollars when you reserve Savi's. Non-refundable so if you don't show, you're out of luck. If you no-show Oga's, you're charged 10 dollars per guest.

No Fastpass will be available for Falcon - expect 2 hour line to be a barometer for a healthily full land.

I wonder if they will have any limits to the boarding pass stay in the land. Will it be 4 hours like the reservations are now?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
So more info:

So can someone clarify this as I am thinking about going in two weeks? I could be at Disneyland at 6am-ish to park and get in line to enter and then from the app at 7am get a Cantina reservation on my phone for later that day and then walk straight in and go into the land and ride the falcon ride and then go into the cantina at my reservation?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So more info:

Are reservations done through the Disneyland app or going to the Galaxy's Edge area and booking it at the actual place?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Disney announced Passholder Preview Events for the Hollywood Studios version. The catch is that they are only allowing platinum, platinum plus, and premiere passholders. Then to stop people from upgrading their passes en masse, Disney went and hiked the AP prices up overnight. Platinum and higher passes got a $100+ increase for the year.
Such a dick move lol. I only have gold but I'll upgrade to platinum whatever

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What sucks is I don't see any of this getting better anytime soon. Like waiting a few months doesn't mean it'll die down. Like maybe in a few years it won't be as bad, but good luck in the first year or two.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really hoping Rise of the Resistance is as amazing as they're hyping it to be, as Falcon seems like it isn't the E Ticket attraction I was hoping it would be. Wonder if it will open alongside World's land. Still not sure why they didn't open it day one, is there signs of active construction still going on?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'm really hoping Rise of the Resistance is as amazing as they're hyping it to be, as Falcon seems like it isn't the E Ticket attraction I was hoping it would be. Wonder if it will open alongside World's land. Still not sure why they didn't open it day one, is there signs of active construction still going on?

In all the footage I've seen throughout that area of Galaxys edge, it doesn't look like any construction is being done on the exterior part, that looks complete. Its likely all work being done inside.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Well it was going to be opening "Day One" with Galaxy's Edge, but they bumped up the land opening months ahead.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when this will change. We spoke to one of the VIP tour guides that has helped us in the past (she was the one showing Laura Dern around this time), and she pointed out that the Falcon has a Fastpass line, but didn't know when it would start.

Still not sure why they didn't open it day one, is there signs of active construction still going on?
None at all. The land looks "done." The area where the other ride will be is a bit more sparse, but my understanding is that's by design. They have a cast member "guarding" the entry to what will be the queue - we heard a guest asking what was over that way, and she said "oh, the resistance just showed up here the other day, I think they're up to something! You might want to come back later to see."

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Reservations for Savi and Cantina will be via the Disneyland App.

Boarding Passes for the land itself will be via App, as well as select fastpass machines at various locations around the park
Awesome, I was hoping that would be the case.

Hopefully the Galaxy's Edge will have calmed down a bit when I plan to go (either early Sept or mid Oct. for with my fiancé or my birthdays). I live 2 hours from Disneyland, so I'd prefer not to get up at 5am to get there in time to reserve a slot for it.
What sucks is I don't see any of this getting better anytime soon. Like waiting a few months doesn't mean it'll die down. Like maybe in a few years it won't be as bad, but good luck in the first year or two.
I'm hoping that at least the summer vacation rush will have died down a little by the time I'm planning on going around Sept.-Oct.

I'm sure it'll still be crazy, but maybe I'll do 2-day passes this time just to make sure there's enough time to do everything we want.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
None at all. The land looks "done." The area where the other ride will be is a bit more sparse, but my understanding is that's by design. They have a cast member "guarding" the entry to what will be the queue - we heard a guest asking what was over that way, and she said "oh, the resistance just showed up here the other day, I think they're up to something! You might want to come back later to see."

Interesting. Hope we hear news soon.

There's still room for a potential third ride? Yay.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So more info:

Oga's and Savi's reservations open at 7am each day. If you have a reservation, it also acts as a boarding pass -allowing you and a party (of up to 6 for Savi's) entry to Star Wars land 1 hour prior. Oga's party size can be as large as you like. Savi's is for one builder and two guests.You'll be charged the 200 dollars when you reserve Savi's. Non-refundable so if you don't show, you're out of luck.If you no-show Oga's, you're charged 10 dollars per guest.

Wow, that seems really harsh. Losing $200 isn't a small little drop in the pond.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the saber-building kinda has to be non-refundable - it's in such demand and it's time-and-resource intensive enough (specialized cast members doing the whole ceremony, etc) that letting people book it and ghost would throw it into disarray.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I saw a video of someone constructing a lightsaber in Galaxy's Edge and I was saddened to see that only Green, Blue, Red and Purple were the color options.

One day I'll get an official yellow lightsaber....

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dok Ondar's shop sells Yellow Kyber crystals, you can replace the kyber crystal in your custom lightsaber from Savi's with one of those yellow (or white) crystals, and the saber will light up yellow.
?!?!?!?!?

Okay I REALLY got to go to Galaxy's Edge now! Freaking dang it now I'm super mad that I don't have money to go to Disneyland!

But thank you for letting me know! All they need are double-bladed lightsabers and if that ever happens I'm saving up money!

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
?!?!?!?!?

Okay I REALLY got to go to Galaxy's Edge now! Freaking dang it now I'm super mad that I don't have money to go to Disneyland!

But thank you for letting me know! All they need are double-bladed lightsabers and if that ever happens I'm saving up money!

They have two different double-bladed lightsabers, just not custom.
There's Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
They have two different double-bladed lightsabers, just not custom.
There's Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress.

And those can't have their crystals swapped out as they are the legacy models. I wouldn't expect a double bladed saber for a while, or possibly ever, as Savi's is such a guided experience.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Interesting. Hope we hear news soon.

There's still room for a potential third ride? Yay.
Originally there was going to be a 3rd ride where kids would ride different animals from the star wars universe. So there is definitely room for a 3rd ride.
Anyone try the ya milk honest impressions?
If you have ever had a slushie they are basically just that. I liked them both but the green was better imo.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Originally there was going to be a 3rd ride where kids would ride different animals from the star wars universe. So there is definitely room for a 3rd ride.

It wasn't a "ride" - they were going to go up and down the land main street style.

There really isn't room right now for anything else without demolishing buildings to the north. Most of the land is bound by Disneyland Drive and existing parts of the park

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
And those can't have their crystals swapped out as they are the legacy models. I wouldn't expect a double bladed saber for a while, or possibly ever, as Savi's is such a guided experience.
I imagine it wouldn't be hard for someone to eventually make a custom connector piece to connect two Savi lightsabers.

Of course that would mean needing to spend $400 plus tax on two Savi lightsabers, then however much a sturdy custom connector piece would sell for.

If course if you want dual blades for the Legacy lightsabers that would also push those into the $400 range.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine it wouldn't be hard for someone to eventually make a custom connector piece to connect two Savi lightsabers.

Of course that would mean needing to spend $400 plus tax on two Savi lightsabers, then however much a sturdy custom connector piece would sell for.

If course if you want dual blades for the Legacy lightsabers that would also push those into the $400 range.

The full legacy dual setup costs $360 plus tax.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
What's this I've heard about the lightsabers having a voice sample or something, i.e. the black kyber crystal having a Snoke voice? I chose the violet crystal for mine but I've never heard a voice come from it.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a "ride" - they were going to go up and down the land main street style.

There really isn't room right now for anything else without demolishing buildings to the north. Most of the land is bound by Disneyland Drive and existing parts of the park
They have an expansion pad for another ride. It just depends on what it is. The buildings to the north aren't a problem, they're already getting rid of some for the Mickey and Minnie Railway ride over on the other side.

ZZ71516B78.jpg

DLP_0.jpg

Pink is earmarked for Galaxy's Edge.
Yellow is where the Mickey and Minnie ride is going.

The other colors are other areas being considered for expansion.

Last edited:

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Yes - you're correct - I'm just noting the third "ride" wasn't a classic ride in terms of being an attraction with a footprint, just beasts you could ride across the land.

Of course the capacity and crowding issues there basically makes that a non-starter for some time.

They did build with expansion in mind - but that seems like it's a long ways off as they have other fish to fry for the next 8-10 years.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes - you're correct - I'm just noting the third "ride" wasn't a classic ride in terms of being an attraction with a footprint, just beasts you could ride across the land.

Of course the capacity and crowding issues there basically makes that a non-starter for some time.

They did build with expansion in mind - but that seems like it's a long ways off as they have other fish to fry for the next 8-10 years.
I think it probably depends how well SW Land actually does once it becomes a free for all in a few days. If attendance continues to surge through the end of the year I could see them fast tracking expansion for it quicker than they otherwise would. Marvel over in DCA is next up, but that is going to be done within the next 3 years. There's not much else for them to do in Anaheim apart from a Tomorrowland redo. And that redo has been desperately needed for some time, but they continually push it back... so I'm not optimistic about it happening any time soon.

A Fantasyland expansion is also rumored, and would probably happen before Tomorrowland even though it is much less needed.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I think it probably depends how well SW Land actually does once it becomes a free for all in a few days. If attendance continues to surge through the end of the year I could see them fast tracking expansion for it quicker than they otherwise would. Marvel over in DCA is next up, but that is going to be done within the next 3 years. There's not much else for them to do in Anaheim apart from a Tomorrowland redo. And that redo has been desperately needed for some time, but they continually push it back... so I'm not optimistic about it happening any time soon.

A Fantasyland expansion is also rumored, and would probably happen before Tomorrowland even though it is much less needed.

I'm just saying it took nearly 25 years for an all-new ride to come to Disneyland - and there's about to be 3 of them in 3 years.

They won't add a new ride when it's crazy popular - they'll add the ride when the popularity starts to wane a bit.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have an expansion pad for another ride. It just depends on what it is. The buildings to the north aren't a problem, they're already getting rid of some for the Mickey and Minnie Railway ride over on the other side.

ZZ71516B78.jpg

DLP_0.jpg

Pink is earmarked for Galaxy's Edge.
Yellow is where the Mickey and Minnie ride is going.

The other colors are other areas being considered for expansion.

This might sound controversial, but I think that if in a later date Disney wants to expand and add to Galaxy Edge but runs out of space, they should just absorb Critter Country into the land, maybe even turn Splash Mountain into a Kashyyk/Wookie themed ride. It would finally get rid of that...problematic element of the park.