• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Read this twitter thread. Some of the red kyber crystals can be black if you get a rare one. Begs the question what other alternate things exist that people will be discovering:

So having learned this... pro tip... if you want a red saber crystal and also the black rare crystal you might want to choose a different color when you build it, then buy one of the red ones seperate and hope you get a black.

Yeah I don't know if it was Reddit or yt video I watched where you have a chance of getting it in the shop when you buy a kyber crystal. It's obsidian I think but the blade still lights up red unfortunately. People were hoping for a black saber. Maybe in the future.

2 more days, I'll be following people's experiences over the weekend to see what else we've been missing as well as all the disappointment due to being overcrowded.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The Millennium Falcon ride is like a cross between Star Tours and Missions Space at Epcot, while Rise of the Resistance is the real signature attraction. It will be a trackless ride that moves through the story of an escape from a First Order Star Destroyer, however, it will not open until later this year - likely after your pass has expired.
Wack. Thanks for the reply.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

I'm going to go ahead and guess that each night will cost $1000+ per guest.

Holyshiiiiit yeah that's a bit too rich for my blood lol!

The Millennium Falcon ride is like a cross between Star Tours and Missions Space at Epcot, while Rise of the Resistance is the real signature attraction. It will be a trackless ride that moves through the story of an escape from a First Order Star Destroyer, however, it will not open until later this year - likely after your pass has expired.

Oh damn that's a bummer regarding Rise Of The Resistance. I thought that was opening tomorrow too. Damn that's gonna be one hell of a line for TMF ride. Will be interesting to look at the Disney app that shows the wait times tomorrow haha

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
I went to Galaxy's Edge last Saturday with my wife for the Lucasfilm preview.

It was a really incredible experience. I rode Smugglers Run four times. The Cantina and marketplace might be my favourite places. It felt quite small and intimate (mind you it was very quiet when I was there!)

I can answer questions but I an guessing there will be a ton of media coming out today!

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

It was a really incredible experience. I rode Smugglers Run four times. The Cantina and marketplace might be my favourite places. It felt quite small and intimate (mind you it was very quiet when I was there!)

I can answer questions but I an guessing there will be a ton of media coming out today!

Are you referring to any marketplace or Dok Ondars?
Did you buy anything?
As for the Cantina, did you enjoy any drinks and if so which one?

My plan originally has been Savi's workshop, Smugglers run and MAYBE cantina depending if I had time.

Now I'm thinking of just doing Savi's workshop and cantina and passing Smugglers run but you rode it 4 times, so I don't know now. Also I'm sure my plan will all be based on what the wait time is for each on my reserved time slot.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

You probably didn't have to wait long in line but I'm curious about how the set up was while waiting to get on the smugglers run ride. I absolutely love rides that have cool things to check out while waiting in lines, like Flight Of Passage, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion (FL). I'm sure this one will be no exception. I haven't seen any vids/pics about it at all so I'm excited to see how it's all set up.

Nov 11, 2017
Are you referring to any marketplace or Dok Ondars?
Did you buy anything?
As for the Cantina, did you enjoy any drinks and if so which one?

My plan originally has been Savi's workshop, Smugglers run and MAYBE cantina depending if I had time.

Now I'm thinking of just doing Savi's workshop and cantina and passing Smugglers run but you rode it 4 times, so I don't know now. Also I'm sure my plan will all be based on what the wait time is for each on my reserved time slot.
I would just say don't prioritize the SR ride. The lines for the Cantina and the saber workshop just grew and never died down. I didn't do the workshop but it sounded incredible.

It could be very different for the general public experience as there will likely be more people. But SR has an interesting queue to wait in so i'd rather do that later if it meant less wait at the Cantina/workshop.

Also! We had wristbands for 8-12 but they allowed us to stay after 12 just that you can't buy or ride anything. (But no one was checking on our day so we stayed another hour and rode SR again :p)
You probably didn't have to wait long in line but I'm curious about how the set up was while waiting to get on the smugglers run ride. I absolutely love rides that have cool things to check out while waiting in lines, like Flight Of Passage, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion (FL). I'm sure this one will be no exception. I haven't seen any vids/pics about it at all so I'm excited to see how it's all set up.
You pass through a kind of workshop with a massive hanging engine that will occassionally activate for testing. Then you can look out windows from the second story down at GE and the falcon. Going into the Falcon before the actual tide was very cool. I sat at the holochess table every time with my flight crew (my wife and 4 strangers), but you can wander inside a bit (and hit buttons you aren't supposed to! :p). They give you just enough time to make it special imo.

One thing I should mention- I was there with imagineers who worked on GE and spoke with a lot of then. That made it particularly special.

I can write so much more but I need to get to work!

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How are ppl going before it's officially open? Is Disney doing advanced previews for season pass holders? They did that for Pandora and I rode flight of passage 6 times with no wait. It was great!

Coincidentally I'm at animal kingdom today and the wait is three hours. Lol, suckers! I came because I got lucky and got a fast pass. Good reason to skip work.

Hoping they do a sneak preview for star wars. I don't do lines. Ever. That's why I haven't ridden the toy story rides yet, although I hear they're pretty bad

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
How are ppl going before it's officially open? Is Disney doing advanced previews for season pass holders? They did that for Pandora and I rode flight of passage 6 times with no wait. It was great!

Coincidentally I'm at animal kingdom today and the wait is three hours. Lol, suckers! I came because I got lucky and got a fast pass. Good reason to skip work.

Hoping they do a sneak preview for star wars. I don't do lines. Ever. That's why I haven't ridden the toy story rides yet, although I hear they're pretty bad
Cast member and media previews.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a sec....I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow (Thursday) for my daughter's 2nd birthday. Am I walking into some Star Wars themed hellscape, or is that this weekend?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Wait a sec....I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow (Thursday) for my daughter's 2nd birthday. Am I walking into some Star Wars themed hellscape, or is that this weekend?

I think it's tomorrow dude lol! But shoot I'm thinking you might get lucky with maybe some of the other areas wait times not being as crazy since everyone is going to be wanting to get into GE

You pass through a kind of workshop with a massive hanging engine that will occassionally activate for testing. Then you can look out windows from the second story down at GE and the falcon. Going into the Falcon before the actual tide was very cool. I sat at the holochess table every time with my flight crew (my wife and 4 strangers), but you can wander inside a bit (and hit buttons you aren't supposed to! :p). They give you just enough time to make it special imo.

One thing I should mention- I was there with imagineers who worked on GE and spoke with a lot of then. That made it particularly special.

I can write so much more but I need to get to work!

Sounds awesome!!

Nov 11, 2017
I was there on Saturday for the Lucasfilm preview and it was shockingly quiet at Disneyland that day. I thought it would be incredibly busy because of the long weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
Do u guys think there is enough time to do the ride and shop around? Or will u have to choose between one or the other?

4 hours is more than enough time to do Falcon and shop around.
It's when you factor in both the lightsaber shop and the cantina that things get a bit tricky. Both each take about 2 hours.

If shopping and ride is your focus, Falcon (1hr) + lightsaber (2hr) + misc outpost shopping (1hr) should work out fine.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4 hours is more than enough time to do Falcon and shop around.
It's when you factor in both the lightsaber shop and the cantina that things get a bit tricky. Both each take about 2 hours.

If shopping and ride is your focus, Falcon (1hr) + lightsaber (2hr) + misc outpost shopping (1hr) should work out fine.

Yeah, Lightsaber and Cantina are both top priority for me.

Luckily, I have two different days reserved, so first time I'll do the shopping, and second time I'll do the ride.

Oct 25, 2017
The lightsaber shop was the one thing I didn't get to do while I was there.
There are some good bits and morsels across the net right now but I'm waiting for the region to open publicly so that some proper breakdowns of all the options and possibilities are detailed.

Luckily, I have two different days reserved, so first time I'll do the shopping, and second time I'll do the ride.

Oh with two separate reservations you should have to worry. Just do lightsaber and cantina on different days and youll be fine.
Hit both earlier in the reservation rather than later. They cap lines.
Doing both on the same reservation would be tough.

Nov 11, 2017

Just get on the ride last, in the 30 minutes of your time. I think the 4 hour reservation windows will protect it from getting too insane but even if you're in the SR line for 2 hours, it's fun to be in the queue. Or do what we did- get in, get on the ride, then do your next top priority.

A few tips:

For the Cantina-
- they give guests a 45 min window at tables, but if you are at the bar there is no time limit. There is just a two drink limit per guest (though my friend managed to have 4 beers in there as there is so many bartenders). Get a seat at the bar!
- they didn't really put much thought into the Cantina queue.. a line just forms along the buildings outside. Not sure if they will switch to a reservation return type thing.
- they ran out of certain drinks by mid day. We had no problem as we were there at 9am (walking around GE in the morning with a buzz was fun...) but other people complained later in the day about feeling rushed out.
- my favourite drinks were the jet juice (the strongest drink, I started with this!), bespin fizz (insanely bubbly drink that made us laugh at how much the bubbles were splashing out. looks very star warsy :p) , and the slug drink (best cocktail imo)
- no bathrooms inside!

- green/blue milk line dies down as well.

Smugglers Run-
- accept the fact that you will not be the pilot. Then if you are, it'll be a happy surprise :p

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Really dumb that they have each reservation group overlapping by an hour on top of midday groups having their time slot overlapping 2 hours. They should've made it a 15 minute Mark or the hour on the dot.

I just did some numbers off the top of my head based on hotel capacity, the 5 reservation slots, the 6 guest cap per group and the time limit on each experience.

I know I went low but it seems there will be about 700 (I hope less) people per reserve.
Savi's lightsaber building can fulfill 180 people in the 4 hours.
Cantina has a 45 minute stay cap. Who knows how many people can enter so that's going to be most packed.

The ride seems to have a big downtime during the 3rd hour so that won't be so bad.

Nov 11, 2017
Really dumb that they have each reservation group overlapping by an hour on top of midday groups having their time slot overlapping 2 hours. They should've made it a 15 minute Mark or the hour on the dot.

I just did some numbers off the top of my head based on hotel capacity, the 5 reservation slots, the 6 guest cap per group and the time limit on each experience.

I know I went low but it seems there will be about 700 (I hope less) people per reserve.
Savi's lightsaber building can fulfill 180 people in the 4 hours.
Cantina has a 45 minute stay cap. Who knows how many people can enter so that's going to be most packed.

The ride seems to have a big downtime during the 3rd hour so that won't be so bad.
700 seems very low but I guess it does make sense.

Yeah once 11am hit for us, the queues suddenly got insanely long for a bit. I felt bad for the people coming in after us as they had to deal with double the capacity basically.

There was no one kicking people out so it only got busier and busier. We asked if we would be kicked out and they just said 'you won't be able to access rides/experiences or buy anything after 12' but there was no one actually checking. We managed to buy and ride the ride after 12. Another person apparently stayed in there from 8-6pm! Ha.

If the crowd levels are similar to the Lucasfilm preview day I was at... people have nothing to worry about!

ALSO:
The [bantu] wrap thing was really good! We didn't go in the bigger restaurant.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
there's no way it's only 700 people per reservation slot. Probably more like 5x that if they want to hold a 2 hour queue for the Falcon - which is supposedly 1800 hourly capacity. 2x would be 3500 + letting some people be elsewhere in the land.

And the cantina and lightsaber workshop are going to be horrific chokepoints for months given the capacity / size there.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
there's no way it's only 700 people per reservation slot. Probably more like 5x that if they want to hold a 2 hour queue for the Falcon - which is supposedly 1800 hourly capacity. 2x would be 3500 + letting some people be elsewhere in the land.

And the cantina and lightsaber workshop are going to be horrific chokepoints for months given the capacity / size there.

Fuuuuhhhhh
Here I was thinking their 3500-4000 person was for the day and not per reservation slot.

Looks like I'll have to wear a long sleeve to try and cover up the wristband. ;)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
do we know if the cantina just plays THE SONG 24/7/365?

cause if not i don't want to go

Nov 11, 2017
please tell they aren't playing taylor swift or bruno mars or something

regular top 40 pop would kill the vibe entirely
Nope, it's all new music made for the Cantina. Some of it sounds similar to the Cantina song, but there is a lot of weird electronica with droids songing and stuff like that :p

It's completely immersive.the castmembers even say different slang/greetings :p

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Going on June 1st. Main focuses are go on the ride, buy a sith holocron with all kyber crystals, go to Ogas and get the Endor tiki mug

Nov 11, 2017
Fyi- apparently merch will also be sold in the top floor of Launch bay in tomorrowland. So you may want to prioritize experiences over merch if they make it easier to purchase.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Fyi- apparently merch will also be sold in the top floor of Launch bay in tomorrowland. So you may want to prioritize experiences over merch if they make it easier to purchase.

Hope this doesn't make checking in even more of a cluster fuck. You have to check in 2 hours in advance in launch bay for time slots. Now it's going to be people entering to check in and people entering for merch

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's all new music made for the Cantina. Some of it sounds similar to the Cantina song, but there is a lot of weird electronica with droids songing and stuff like that :p

It's completely immersive.the castmembers even say different slang/greetings :p

Ok that's pretty cool then. Just thankful it ain't 2019 planet earth pop hits.

If Jurassic Park at IoA can play the same 40 seconds of John Williams for all of eternity, the cantina too can ruin employee sanity by playing 'the song' 24/7.

LOL

I'm sorry employees

but it has to be done

Oct 25, 2017
Because I wanted to be prepared for the next time I go and get to visit the saber shop, I've been assembling information for myself found online about how it works. I thought I'd post it here so it could be useful for others as well.
I'm not the source of this info, I'm just gathering it.

Prices

$199.99 for a complete lightsaber with hilt, blade, basic crystal and carrying case.
$49.99 for a premium leather saber carrying case.
$17.99 for a saber belt clip.
$12.99 for additional kyber crystal variants (in Dok Ondar's artifact shop).

Process

1. Wait in the line to pay and choose one of four "paths."
2. Receive a lapel pin of your chosen path, receive a colored line card, and wait by the tree for your color to be called.
3. Color card is called, proceed to gated waiting area.
4. Proceed when directed into build room, cast member will bring you your kit based on your lapel pin path.
5. Choose a basic kyber crystal for your blade color: red/blue/green/purple.
6. Select saber pieces from available options, options are limited by your chosen "path."
7. Assemble saber.
8. Place saber inside station to ignite the blade and receive your finished item.

Expect to be waiting for 2 hours before you make it into the build room. Then your saber building experience will be 15-20 minutes.
One guest may accompany you during the experience.

Paths

Naturally in true merchandising fashion, you'd have to buy it multiple times in order to get all the options.
The four path options are as follows. Click to see each kit:
-Power and Control (sith)
-Peace and Justice (jedi)
-Elemental Nature (natural)
-Protection and Defense (ancient)

Your "path" determines the parts kit that is offered to you.
Each path's kit include 2 top emitters, 2 bottom pommels, 2 activator options, and 4 sleeve options.
One saber requires 1 emitter, 1 pommel, 1 activator, and 2 sleeves.

Kyber Crystal Variants

Additional crystal color variants are available in mystery boxes, for purchase in the antiquities shop near the holocrons. Blind box crystals have random different shades of the named box colors, which also affect the sound effects. Blind boxes are available for the following colors and are subject to stock availability (they sell out fast):
Red
Blue
Green
Purple
White
Yellow

For example, the red mystery box may include a lighter red, a deeper red, an unstable red (like Kylo) or an obsidian red (rare black crystal with red blade).
White and yellow may not have variants like r/b/g/p do, so far this is unconfirmed.
Crystals can also be used with the holocrons, available at Dok Ondar's for $49.99.

I think I'm going to go protection/defense, purple for the basic crystal and also a yellow variant.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Would you rather take top 40 pop or this:

You have to pick one.

UntimelyIncomparableChickadee-size_restricted.gif

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Because I wanted to be prepared for the next time I go and get to visit the saber shop, I've been assembling information for myself found online about how it works. I thought I'd post it here so it could be useful for others as well.
I'm not the source of this info, I'm just gathering it.

Prices

$199.99 for a complete lightsaber with hilt, blade, basic crystal and carrying case.
$49.99 for a premium leather saber carrying case.
$17.99 for a saber belt clip.
$12.99 for additional kyber crystal variants (in Dok Ondar's artifact shop).

Process

1. Wait in the line to pay and choose one of four "paths."
2. Receive a lapel pin of your chosen path, receive a colored line card, and wait by the tree for your color to be called.
3. Color card is called, proceed to gated waiting area.
4. Proceed when directed into build room, cast member will bring you your kit based on your lapel pin path.
5. Choose a basic kyber crystal for your blade color: red/blue/green/purple.
6. Select saber pieces from available options, options are limited by your chosen "path."
7. Assemble saber.
8. Place saber inside station to ignite the blade and receive your finished item.

Expect to be waiting for 2 hours before you make it into the build room. Then your saber building experience will be 15-20 minutes.
One guest may accompany you during the experience.

Paths

Naturally in true merchandising fashion, you'd have to buy it multiple times in order to get all the options.
The four path options are as follows. Click to see each kit:
-Power and Control (sith)
-Peace and Justice (jedi)
-Elemental Nature (natural)
-Protection and Defense (ancient)

Your "path" determines the parts kit that is offered to you.
Each path's kit include 2 top emitters, 2 bottom pommels, 2 activator options, and 4 sleeve options.
One saber requires 1 emitter, 1 pommel, 1 activator, and 2 sleeves.

Kyber Crystal Variants

Additional crystal color variants are available in mystery boxes, for purchase in the antiquities shop near the holocrons. Blind box crystals have random different shades of the named box colors, which also affect the sound effects. Blind boxes are available for the following colors and are subject to stock availability (they sell out fast):
Red
Blue
Green
Purple
White
Yellow

For example, the red mystery box may include a lighter red, a deeper red, an unstable red (like Kylo) or an obsidian red (rare black crystal with red blade).
White and yellow may not have variants like r/b/g/p do, so far this is unconfirmed.
Crystals can also be used with the holocrons, available at Dok Ondar's for $49.99.

I think I'm going to go protection/defense, purple for the basic crystal and also a yellow variant.
...holy shit.
The money they will make off of this alone is mind boggling.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Yeah I don't know if it was Reddit or yt video I watched where you have a chance of getting it in the shop when you buy a kyber crystal. It's obsidian I think but the blade still lights up red unfortunately. People were hoping for a black saber. Maybe in the future.

2 more days, I'll be following people's experiences over the weekend to see what else we've been missing as well as all the disappointment due to being overcrowded.

They probably knew there was a risk with making the sabers light up a different color than the intended purchase. If my son asked for a red saber and ended up with a black crystal that lit up a color other than red then yeah I'm pretty upset. He doesn't care that it's rare, he wants a red saber. I'd want my money back or an exchange for a red.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You really think a family of 4 is paying $4000/night for a Star Wars themed hotel? They would never have any guests.

I mean, kids will probably be discounted to $700 a night.

Disney will be able to charge whatever they want and this hotel will be booked for 2 years solid.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
You really think a family of 4 is paying $4000/night for a Star Wars themed hotel? They would never have any guests.

yeah, that's crazy... but not that crazy. A 3-day Disney Cruise for 2 can easily run 1800 so that's 450 per person per night. Peak timing or nicer rooms run way more.

I imagine pricing will be similar to Disney Cruising, probably a bit more. Figure 400-500 per person, per night - closer to 700-800 during peak periods--- with plenty of add-ons / suites / to jack the price up if you desire (already heard this in terms of the rumors about costuming). And my assumption is it'll be handled like a cruise in that people will all check in on the same day, follow the story together, and then all check out. Maybe keep it to like a 2-night experience?

If I was Disney, I'd probably even theme the ship as an galactic cruising vessel just to keep things simple.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Just like cruises, price will probably include food as well. 🤔

I mean, it's a cruise ship where it doesn't cost money to actually run and operate a huge ship. Which I guess isn't really THAT bad, but should allow for some more flexibility pricing wise as I imagine a lot of those fixed costs will be way way reduced by being a land-based hotel.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that's crazy... but not that crazy. A 3-day Disney Cruise for 2 can easily run 1800 so that's 450 per person per night. Peak timing or nicer rooms run way more.
At the end of the day though this is a hotel/resort and not actually a cruise though. The main attraction is still the park proper. Even the most premium Disney resorts currently seem to max out around $500-$600 per night for the entire room (not on a per person basis).

I would hope that they at least try to keep things reasonably priced.