• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
iirc the hilt is metal, the blade is plastic, it makes sounds and comes with the sleeve, and you put a kyber crystal into the hilt
I assumed the blade would be plastic lmao.
I was just looking at the pieces that were labeled "elemental and nature" and one of them looked like a rancor tooth on the pommel and that bit looked super plastic, granted i figure something like that has to be plastic but it looked so cheap and hollow lol.

But it's good to know the hilt is metal at least. Are the buttons metal as well? Do we know if it's all metal or if it's metal with plastic bits here and there?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was just looking at the pieces that were labeled "elemental and nature" and one of them looked like a rancor tooth on the pommel and that bit looked super plastic, granted i figure something like that has to be plastic but it looked so cheap and hollow lol.

But it's good to know the hilt is metal at least. Are the buttons metal as well? Do we know if it's all metal or if it's metal with plastic bits here and there?
Looks like a mix of both. The internals and the igniter look/sound distinctly metal though

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need a third gate so damn badly. Somehow, somewhere, they need to figure it out. Ticket prices just wont stop people until the prices reach a point when the parks become an exclusive playground for the ultra rich.

From what I understand screens are involved but it will be full of immersive environments with animatronics. Like, I think the AT-ATs you see in the video will be fully built and can move.
2yCWURC.jpg

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think Disney saw how much money Universal was making with high quality Harry Potter wands and wanted to have their lightsaber version of that experience.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I got in for a preview earlier this week. I tried very hard not to spend all my money in there and managed to get out with only a new Monkey Lizard on my shoulder.
The next thing that tempted me most was the R3X bluetooth speaker because I love that theme park character, but it was 150 bucks so I tore myself away.
Of course they also got my money in the cantina and at the milk stand.

I checked out just about everything there except for the inside of the saber building shop. Line was long and we prioritized the cantina instead so I'll have to see that one next time.

Even the bathrooms are star wars themed.

You're so lucky!
What is this Bluetooth speaker you've mentioned?

So far based on all the different videos/cast member experiences, it seems you'll have to choose to go to Savi's workshop or the Cantina during the reservation period.

So far you're the only person who bought the lizard monkey. Do you have a video on it or impressions on the functions?

My primary focus is just going to be straight to building a lightsaber which can be a 2 hour wait from the time I'm allowed inside. I was really looking forward to drinking a Bloody Rancor at the cantina but it looks like that won't happen. Keeping my hopes up that the reservation slot I chose isn't busy.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
it kills me that i will probably have to wait like 2 more years until i can go. but then again i wouldn't want to go there as long as tje rise of the resistance ride hasn't opened yet. i want the full experience. it also gives me some time to save for a lightsaber and all the other crap that i will want to buy once i'm there.

very looking forward to food reviews and stuff like that, the galaxy's edge food looks less out there than the stuff at pandora but still very interesting

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
it kills me that i will probably have to wait like 2 more years until i can go. but then again i wouldn't want to go there as long as tje rise of the resistance ride hasn't opened yet. i want the full experience. it also gives me some time to save for a lightsaber and all the other crap that i will want to buy once i'm there.

very looking forward to food reviews and stuff like that, the galaxy's edge food looks less out there than the stuff at pandora but still very interesting

This is basically what I'm doing. Put a little money away every two weeks and aim for sometime in 2021 to go, and not have to worry about the financial aspect of it at all.

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I went to universal studios 2 years ago in september and i didn't wait in lines more than 30 minutes per ride. Parks were not crowded most of the time.

Im planning on going to disney this year, magic kingdom, animal kingdom and maybe hollywood studios. Are the parks crowded during september? If i buy the park hopper, would i be able to visit all 3 parks in a day? Of course not planning on going on every ride, just 2 or 3 per park.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
This is basically what I'm doing. Put a little money away every two weeks and aim for sometime in 2021 to go, and not have to worry about the financial aspect of it at all.

i'll be definitely going all in though when i'm there including the star wars hotel. i'm living in europe so i can only come to florida like once every five years or so and the last time i was there was 10 years ago. so when i'm going in 2021 i plan on going to both universal and disney world. it's going to be my first time seeing all the harry potter stuff at universal and by 2021 we'll also have the mickey ride, tron, guardians of the galaxy, ratatouille on top of galaxy's edge. it's going to be insane i think. i'm gonna drink my first butterbeer and my first blue milk in the span of a couple days!

Oct 25, 2017
You're so lucky!
What is this Bluetooth speaker you've mentioned?

So far based on all the different videos/cast member experiences, it seems you'll have to choose to go to Savi's workshop or the Cantina during the reservation period.

So far you're the only person who bought the lizard monkey. Do you have a video on it or impressions on the functions?

My primary focus is just going to be straight to building a lightsaber which can be a 2 hour wait from the time I'm allowed inside. I was really looking forward to drinking a Bloody Rancor at the cantina but it looks like that won't happen. Keeping my hopes up that the reservation slot I chose isn't busy.
Yes I am! :)

It's a $150 toy of R3X (DJ of the cantina, previous pilot of the old Star Tours) that moves and talks but also acts as a bluetooth speaker. Y'know, because of the DJ thing.

I found a video of it here:

I think you're right, with only 4 hours it did seem to me that you either had to choose the sabers or the cantina. I chose the cantina. I do not regret my choice but I do want to check out the sabers someday.

The monkey lizard was a big hit with people walking by. It's unreasonably pricey for what it is ($70) so not super common. People were stopping me left and right to ask about it. For a while I was waiting in a line near an entrance just as a new wristband group was being let in, so it was one of the first things they saw, and there were a whole lot of wide eyes and giggles.

It sits on your shoulder by utilizing a curved magnet that you can place on your shoulder under your shirt. It stays put pretty well but occasionally starts drooping. The four limbs are like action figure limbs, they're jointed and you can pose them however you wish. As for the head, next to the tail is a little black tube that runs out down your back and ends in a control unit near your hand. On it is neck control and mouth control.
With it you can turn the head left and right, and open and close the mouth. When switched on, opening the mouth activates those familiar cackling sound effects. The belly, neck and head seem to be covered in a thin rubber so that when the head turns, it stretches the neck more naturally as opposed to turning on a joint.
While the sound effect is naturally electrical, the movement is purely a manual function. Like those claw toys or trash grabbers. No motors.

I kept the control in my hoodie pocket so I could walk around and manipulate it without being too obvious about it. People were really tripped out watching it move and "react" to them before they figured it out.

I may have some time tomorrow afternoon to get it on video.

Last edited:

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Yes I am! :)

It's a $150 toy of R3X (DJ of the cantina, previous pilot of the old Star Tours) that moves and talks but also acts as a bluetooth speaker. Y'know, because of the DJ thing.

I found a video of it here:

I think you're right, with only 4 hours it did seem to me that you either had to choose the sabers or the cantina. I chose the cantina. I do not regret my choice but I do want to check out the sabers someday.

The lizard monkey was a big hit with people walking by. It's unreasonably pricey for what it is ($70) so not super common. People were stopping me left and right to ask about it. For a while I was waiting in a line near an entrance just as a new wristband group was being let in, so it was one of the first things they saw, and there were a whole lot of wide eyes and giggles.

It sits on your shoulder by utilizing a curved magnet that you can place on your shoulder under your shirt. It stays put pretty well. The four limbs are like action figure limbs, they're jointed and you can pose them however you wish. As for the head, next to the tail is a little black tube that runs out down your back and ends in a control unit near your hand. On it is neck control and mouth control.
With it you can turn the head left and right, and open and close the mouth. When switched on, opening the mouth activates those familiar cackling sound effects. The belly, neck and head seem to be covered in a thin rubber so that when the head turns, it stretches the neck more naturally as opposed to turning on a joint.
While the sound effect is naturally electrical, the movement is purely a manual function. Like those claw toys or trash grabbers. No motors.

I kept the control in my hoodie pocket so I could walk around and manipulate it without being too obvious about it. People were really tripped out watching it move and "react" to them before they figured it out.

I may have some time tomorrow afternoon to get it on video.

Really cool, thanks for sharing. I'll be picking up the lizard monkey if they don't sell out.

I was almost sold on DJ Rex until I heard about the AA batteries. Sure I have tons to dispose of but come on they could've tried for lithium.

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool, thanks for sharing. I'll be picking up the lizard monkey if they don't sell out.

I was almost sold on DJ Rex until I heard about the AA batteries. Sure I have tons to dispose of but come on they could've tried for lithium.

Oh also they have two variants of the lizard monkeys. Classic tan colored like Salacious Crumb, and tropical colored like a parrot. I went for classic, but the tropical monkey is cool too. I saw a few of them on shoulders.

I am a big fan of Mr. Crumb so I chose this as my one splurge from star wars land.

Last edited:

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm, my girlfriend surprised me with a reserve slot in late June for this. Kind of wish she would have just held off now until later when they open the new ride.
Was hoping since it was a reserved time slot with minimal people there and not open to the general public that we'd be able to see everything available, but that doesn't seem to be the case? Want to at least ride on the Millenium Falcon, build a lightsaber, then just sit in the Cantina and get smashed on Star Wars drinks but looks like I might have to choose 1 or 2 of those options?

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the Star Wars Hangouts thread, I think I'm going to have to figure "winning the lottery" into my plans for this. There are just too many things I want to buy.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
At least it should even out the traffic at the other parks and you should be able to finally get on Flight of Passage without hitting it at rope drop or fast passing it.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, my girlfriend surprised me with a reserve slot in late June for this. Kind of wish she would have just held off now until later when they open the new ride.
Was hoping since it was a reserved time slot with minimal people there and not open to the general public that we'd be able to see everything available, but that doesn't seem to be the case? Want to at least ride on the Millennium Falcon, build a lightsaber, then just sit in the Cantina and get smashed on Star Wars drinks but looks like I might have to choose 1 or 2 of those options?
It's a great (and expensive!) gift and you'll still have a lovely time whatever you get to see. And after Galaxy's Edge you can go over to Star Tours, Hyperspace Mountain and Launch Bay for more.
And now you have a good excuse to come back again later for Rise of the Resistance, too.

If you want to do exactly those three things you might be able to do them as long as you go straight to them and not dawdle. Most people had some amount of unfamiliar wandering and exploring shops factored into their time in between. Check a map ahead of time and follow it.

Do fastpass/maxpass for Falcon. Go straight to the sabers first thing. Hopefully the times line up for you to ride Falcon immediately afterward. Then finally head to the Cantina line and hang around until they uncap it.

From my experience with what I saw and what I've heard, I think it could work as long as you're on task. But if it doesn't, they'll still let you take a peek inside the cantina just to check it out, and you can then wander around the other shops and foodstuffs at your leisure.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
It's a great (and expensive!) gift and you'll still have a lovely time whatever you get to see. And after Galaxy's Edge you can go over to Star Tours, Hyperspace Mountain and Launch Bay for more.
And now you have a good excuse to come back again later for Rise of the Resistance, too.

If you want to do exactly those three things you might be able to do them as long as you go straight to them and not dawdle. Most people had some amount of unfamiliar wandering and exploring shops factored into their time in between. Check a map ahead of time and follow it.

Do fastpass/maxpass for Falcon. Go straight to the sabers first thing. Hopefully the times line up for you to ride Falcon immediately afterward. Then finally head to the Cantina line and hang around until they uncap it.

From my experience with what I saw and what I've heard, I think it could work as long as you're on task. But if it doesn't, they'll still let you take a peek inside the cantina just to check it out, and you can then wander around the other shops and foodstuffs at your leisure.

I didn't think there was any fast/max pass on the Falcon...

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Supposedly all of these lightsabers use a standard blade, but how does it fit in the Luke legacy lightsaber hilt? It looks too small for the blade to fit into.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So my pass doesn't expire until the end of July. Guess I'll be going eventually sometime that month. Are there actual regular rollercoasters here or are the rides all simulations?

I'm someone who's fine riding 99% of rides, but stuff like Star Tours makes me extremely nauseous.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017

Thanks for the positivity! Will definitely try for all of the above then and we'll just do what we can do! :O

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Going in November with the whole family (including in laws) for one last hurrah and can not wait for Galaxys Edge (and hoping Rise of the Resistance is open then too).

Quick question though about the custom built lightsabers blade - is it foldable in on itself to make the blade smaller or is it small enough to fit in a suitcase? Just wondering if I can get it home :/

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly all of these lightsabers use a standard blade, but how does it fit in the Luke legacy lightsaber hilt? It looks too small for the blade to fit into.

I'm wondering that too. I'm not sure if there's ever been an official thin neck Luke lightsaber with a removable blade. I haven't been able to find any impressions of the legacy lightsabers yet.

Going in November with the whole family (including in laws) for one last hurrah and can not wait for Galaxys Edge (and hoping Rise of the Resistance is open then too).

Quick question though about the custom built lightsabers blade - is it foldable in on itself to make the blade smaller or is it small enough to fit in a suitcase? Just wondering if I can get it home :/

As far as I know, the blade is fixed length, it does not fold. It does come with a soft carrying sheath though.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As far as I know, the blade is fixed length, it does not fold. It does come with a soft carrying sheath though.

Cheers - had a google and Disney site says 31" blade and it looks to fit inside my biggest suitcase diagonally with an inch to spare. Would have been gutted to get there, buy the Sabre and then have to spend more on a bigger suitcase

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Im planning on going to disney this year, magic kingdom, animal kingdom and maybe hollywood studios. Are the parks crowded during september? If i buy the park hopper, would i be able to visit all 3 parks in a day? Of course not planning on going on every ride, just 2 or 3 per park.

Suggest looking up tips on sites like touringplans or mouse hacking. Park Hopper would get you to all 3 parks, but depending on what you want to ride, you'd have to time the day out beforehand.

Honestly, best way to do Disney World is going multiple days. That way you can enjoy just walking around more than having to hurry to different rides/parks.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever somehow got rich as fuck, I'd have a millennium falcon like that in my backyard. I'd sleep in it every night.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can people talk about it already? I went last week. Probably the only time I'll ever get to just walk right up to the front of the line with no one there on the new ride. The green-colored ice thing was good too.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Can people talk about it already? I went last week. Probably the only time I'll ever get to just walk right up to the front of the line with no one there on the new ride. The green-colored ice thing was good too.
Yeah. The only thing that can't be done right now is taking photos and video inside of Galaxy's Edge, but once you are outside everything is fair game. But that changes on the 31st.

And I'm assuming you mean the Green Milk. 7.99 each for those tiny little cups, but dammit, I know I can't resist.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do u guys think there is enough time to do the ride and shop around? Or will u have to choose between one or the other?

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Depends on what you want to do. Isn't it limited to 4 hour windows until later this summer? If you go during that limitation period you are going to be very pressed for time so can probably only do 2 or 3 things... and that's if you plan carefully.

After reading about the ride... I honestly don't think it's worth doing if you are that limited. I would do the saber build and cantina, buy some milk and/or a snack, and explore around. But I plan on going when you can stay as long as you want.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Read this twitter thread. Some of the red kyber crystals can be black if you get a rare one. Begs the question what other alternate things exist that people will be discovering:

So having learned this... pro tip... if you want a red saber crystal and also the black rare crystal you might want to choose a different color when you build it, then buy one of the red ones seperate and hope you get a black.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Read this twitter thread. Some of the red kyber crystals can be black if you get a rare one. Begs the question what other alternate things exist that people will be discovering:

So having learned this... pro tip... if you want a red saber crystal and also the black rare crystal you might want to choose a different color when you build it, then buy one of the red ones seperate and hope you get a black.

I neeeeed it

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Man I'd give anything to be there for the public opening tomorrow. So fucking jealous right now lol! Planning a trip for my 40th bday next September though. Can't wait to read all of the impressions and see some vids.

Curious to see if this ends up being better than Flight Of Passage, which to me is the best ride I have ever been on without question.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd give anything to be there for the public opening tomorrow. So fucking jealous right now lol! Planning a trip for my 40th bday next September though. Can't wait to read all of the impressions and see some vids.

Curious to see if this ends up being better than Flight Of Passage, which to me is the best ride I have ever been on without question.

Save up thousands (tens of thousands? Lol) for the Star Wars hotel experience opening up in Florida. Now that will be the thing that looks really amazing.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
it really is hard to believe that its been almost 4 years since they officially announced Galaxies Edge at D23 2015..

Amazing to think that it will be a reality so soon.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Save up thousands (tens of thousands? Lol) for the Star Wars hotel experience opening up in Florida. Now that will be the thing that looks really amazing.

Goddamn!! I didn't even know about that. Lol usually when me and the fam go out to Orlando we have to save up like 6-7 grand so we should be able to scrape together some extra funds. Married with three kids so anything we do these days seems expensive as fuck, but I need to get back to one of the Disney locations ASAP. Always the best time!

Oct 27, 2017
The lightsaber stuff definitely feels like a response to the magic wand stuff they do in Harry Potter land at Universal. Though in that case the personalized experience only happens to 2 people during the presentation. This seems to be designed around everyone getting it if they pay the money.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn!! I didn't even know about that. Lol usually when me and the fam go out to Orlando we have to save up like 6-7 grand so we should be able to scrape together some extra funds. Married with three kids so anything we do these days seems expensive as fuck, but I need to get back to one of the Disney locations ASAP. Always the best time!

I'm going to go ahead and guess that each night will cost $1000+ per guest.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Going to Disneyland sometime during labor day week. Which day is best to go Wednesday or Thursday?

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
So my pass doesn't expire until the end of July. Guess I'll be going eventually sometime that month. Are there actual regular rollercoasters here or are the rides all simulations?

I'm someone who's fine riding 99% of rides, but stuff like Star Tours makes me extremely nauseous.
The Millennium Falcon ride is like a cross between Star Tours and Missions Space at Epcot, while Rise of the Resistance is the real signature attraction. It will be a trackless ride that moves through the story of an escape from a First Order Star Destroyer, however, it will not open until later this year - likely after your pass has expired.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Planning to go-to Disneyland with the kids before star wars land opens - won't be back for another year or 2 after.

They're running a pretty good deal for 3+ day passes from Jan to may hoping to get people to go before the summer

Went for my honeymoon the week of Halloween and there was almost nobody there. We got a great deal. They drop all the good deals the weeks nobody is coming.