• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I'm going. The lines will never really go down. It's pointless to wait after the first 5 months or so. I can remember the old Star Wars lines at Disneyland were there for years after.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Yep lines didn't die down at Cars-land for years and they're still dumb at Flight of Passage. Might as well go when it opens.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these types of rides are pretty goddamn played out at this point.
It's a weird moment when that guy describes a sit-down cart ride as "the most epic attraction we've ever built." I have to hope there is more to this thing than meets the eye.

I thought this was meant to be the Disney team's chance to show Universal/Wizarding World how it's meant to be done, but these rides seem like they aren't trying to one-up anyone.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who lives in Orlando and has an annual pass....

Not touching that for a while. It's going to be so messy with huge lines for so long. I managed to get a random FastPass for the Slinky roller coaster a few weeks ago. Lucked out quite a bit. Meh ride anyway.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
It's a weird moment when that guy describes a sit-down cart ride as "the most epic attraction we've ever built." I have to hope there is more to this thing than meets the eye.

I thought this was meant to be the Disney team's chance to show Universal/Wizarding World how it's meant to be done, but these rides seem like they aren't trying to one-up anyone.
Someone's gonna have to put a LOT of work in to beat Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I'm curious to see how Universal does the Mario Kart ride.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, these types of rides are pretty goddamn played out at this point.

On the Millenium Falcon ride you will actually controlling the ride and shooting. It's more like an interactive game than a traditional ride.

And the Rise of the Resistance ride is a trackless dark ride which Disney World doesn't have yet.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the past year I've lived in Georgia I miss Florida people more daily.

Florida is true purple. The blue spots in Florida can reach farther than blue urban areas in red states. A lot of the state is shit surrounded by wide oases of livable.

But the whole state is too fucking hot 8 out of 12 months, so there's that too.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
On the Millenium Falcon ride you will actually controlling the ride and shooting. It's more like an interactive game than a traditional ride.

And the Rise of the Resistance ride is a trackless dark ride which Disney World doesn't have yet.

The Falcon ride rotates multiple missions too so it's not always the same and you can either "fail" or "succeed" which in turn affects how the park reacts to you. For example, failing the mission might put a bounty on your head resulting in some more interaction at the cantina etc.

Sounds awesome as fuck honestly. Star Wars Westworld. lol

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Every other park is gonna be a goddamn ghost town, but you couldn't pay me enough to go to hollywood studios witnin the next few years.

Epcot needs some TLC, dammit.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have a 10 day trip planned for December 2019 at Disney and Universal. I can't wait to see a new park! I remember as a kid seeing Hollywood studios when it first opened and can't wait for my son to experience it too!

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
The Falcon ride rotates multiple missions too so it's not always the same and you can either "fail" or "succeed" which in turn affects how the park reacts to you. For example, failing the mission might put a bounty on your head resulting in some more interaction at the cantina etc.

Sounds awesome as fuck honestly. Star Wars Westworld. lol

Yep. I go to college in Orlando and majoring in theme park management so I fucking am obsessed with theme park shit.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yep lines didn't die down at Cars-land for years and they're still dumb at Flight of Passage. Might as well go when it opens.

The difference is that with patience, you can get fast passes ahead for most of these things if you plan ahead. Pandora on a weekend is a nightmare of people to navigate still, and that's mainly cause of how tiny it really is. Outside of the main ride, Pandora is a small "land" at AK. Harry Potter was more spacious though still gets stupid crowded at busy times. Star Wars land at least is pretty huge, which is gonna help, but still the amount of people going when it opens, I don't see how its going to be fun when you can't even get into the gift shop

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a shame it appears to only be Sequel stuff.
I mean it makes the most sense. That is THE Star Wars for this generation of kids (they know nothing of our older dude fanboy in-fighting about TLJ). Rey is their Luke. Kylo Ren is their Darth Vader. Disney World in the end is for kids first and foremost, so it makes sense.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
So excited. Cannot wait to see what else they do with the Rise of the Resistance Ride. Love what they're working with already on the Millennium Falcon ride too.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Rides look kind of mediocre to me, but I'd be lying if I said I didnt wish it was rides set in the original trilogy, so maybe I'm biased. I hope they add onto that area of the park over time and put some more variety of stuff from the franchise and not just Disney era.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I made the mistake of watching a YouTube video on the marketplace of Disneylands new Galaxy's edge. Now as much as I dislike Disneyland park, I'm willing to endure the crowd and line to get my hands on those new legacy lightsaber hilts. Those things look awesome as hell and I've never owned or even cared to have a light saber before.

Pretty cool how each saber will light the saber a different color depending on the crystal you chose.

I even had an annual pass last year and made up my mind I wouldn't return in years.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I told myself I wouldn't come back to Disneyland for another 3 years and here I am being lured in by Galaxys edge.
I just want to share with those who are planning to go within the first month or so. I just found this out.

-To experience Galaxy's edge beginning May 31st, you'll need to make a reservation on the Disneyland site beginning May 2nd as long as there is a time slot available.
-if you're planning to stay in one of the 3 Disneyland hotels, you automatically get a reservation for Galaxy's edge during the time it's open.
-early magic hour or whatever it's called is NOT eligible for Galaxy's edge.
-there will be no fast pass or special access for Galaxy's edge during the first month or so.
-tickets for Disneyland will be at Peak pricing which is $149 (plus parking which is $20-$25 don't remember)
If you're thinking if getting one of those socal special 3 day tickets, forget it, those expire may 23
-you must have a Disney account as well to make a reservation which is free. They'll probably verify if you have a ticket purchased before you can make a reservation to prevent people who aren't going from clogging up the time slots.

Have fun and May you Force your way through the crowds.

I guess I'll be going after all within the first week.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I want to try to get out to Disneyland this year, but only after Rise of the Resistance opens. Hoping it will be good to go around October-November.

Nov 21, 2017
I haven't been to Disney for a least a decade. Last time I been to a park was Universal in 2011 because of project high school graduation. Loved the Harry Potter stuff but went to London last year and visited the movie studio, which was loads better than the theme park. I remember loving going to Disney when I was young. If would go if I had the time and money and its only an hour away. The sad thing I will never have the time to go while going for my masters, working on the week and weekends. I hope I get the chance to visit after school.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't renewed my pass this year and crowds is a part of it. No more off season sucks. But on rainy days you can still get a pretty empty park at times.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I was able to make my reservation today.
For anyone wanting to check out Galaxy's edge, I would say make a reservation, now is the best time since they won't allow anyone in without a reservation during the first 24 days of opening. 4 hour limit plus no fast pass.
After that, all hell breaks loose.
I'm so excited!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my reservation as well. Set it for June on a non-grad night

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Same here; staying at the new tower opening this summer at Coronado springs for the opening weekend.

Good stuff.

(Will be out at d23 the week prior so will hopefully get my first experience out there then.)

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I will be at WDW over Halloween with my kids. I've never been. I'm pumped...though sad how much this is going to cost us.

1*85kLvIFNN1GY9D8kCiDIvw.jpeg

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
I get to check this out next week! The perks of being at a "nerd" company with connections up top. I would never in a million years go otherwise.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I get to check this out next week! The perks of being at a "nerd" company with connections up top. I would never in a million years go otherwise.

Anyone going early that actually wants to/would spend their own money to otherwise? Couldn't care less about corporate invites.

edit: yes I'm totally jealous lol.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will be at WDW over Halloween with my kids. I've never been. I'm pumped...though sad how much this is going to cost us.

1*85kLvIFNN1GY9D8kCiDIvw.jpeg
I wouldn't be looking forward to visiting Galaxys Edge when it's so new (it will have two months open by then, tops) but do have a great vacation. Around halloween is a great time to visit WDW. Practically all of Fall is the best time of the year (with the exception of Thanksgiving week) because you'll get way less crowds than during the Spring and especially Summer.

But nothing compares to WDW during the last two weeks of December. Avoid the Christmas/New Year's crowds like the fucking plague!

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're insane. I hope you have a great time, but I have a feeling 75% of your day will be standing in line.
Yeah no shit. I remember when Avatar Land opened there was a line just to enter the damn area! Once inside there was another line for everything else inside like the rides, restaurants and stores. Disney had to close access to the area at some points because of how crowded it was and wouldn't let more people get in until people already inside got out. It was pandemonium and for Star Wars it will be worse.