• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

https://www.techradar.com/news/snapchat-launches-new-gaming-service-snap-games

Snapchat has announced that it is launching its own gaming service, Snap Games, which will allow users to play games with their friends in real time.

The announcement came at the company's Partner Summit in LA, where it revealed it would be releasing a series of games exclusive to the platform, including one called Bitmoji Party.

You'll be able to access the games within Snapchat's chat feature, which now features a rocket button – once you tap this you'll be able to launch a game and play with your friends.

the games are ad-supported and free to play. the service will launch with 6 games:

- In Bitmoji Party, you can play as yourself in a series of quick, wacky mini-games.

- In Tiny Royale from Zynga, you and your friends shoot to the top in bite-sized Battle Royale action.

- In Snake Squad from Game Closure, you and your squad work together to be the last ones standing!

- In C.A.T.S. Drift Race from ZeptoLab, you'll drift around the track and speed past friends for the win!

- In Zombie Rescue Squad from PikPok, your squad will rescue survivors in a zombie-infested city.

- In Alphabear Hustle from Spry Fox, you'll collaborate to form words — fast! — to build your village.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
By rolls out today, I wonder what they mean? Snapchat tends to be really weird with updates in my experience.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have Snapchat and don't plan on installing it, but these sound fun if you are already in the platform. Plus Alphabear is a good game.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
By rolls out today, I wonder what they mean? Snapchat tends to be really weird with updates in my experience.

It's a staggered rollout to ensure the platform and games scale properly, so it will likely be at least a couple of weeks before it is available in every territory.

You'll know that you have access to it when you see a little rocket ship icon in the far right of the icon bar when you are in chat.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Do these games have more or less depth than Candy Crush?

Depends on what you mean by depth. Candy Crush actually has a significant amount of depth for the genre, and has had years of development and added content.

They are all very different from Candy Crush though. They all have synchronous multiplayer for a start. And real-time voice and text chat.