• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not like 100% up on Smite, but isn't it a game about deities fighting?

I mean Aang from Avatar made it in right? That kind of makes sense and all with the lore of Avatar...

But the Ninja Turtles? Gods? I don't know...

hmmmm...
well I guess they were mistaken for "Kappa" or demons in that third terrible live action movie... that counts right? 🤔

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

I mean Aang from Avatar made it in right? That kind of makes sense and all with the lore of Avatar...

hmmmm...
well I guess they were mistaken for "Kappa" or demons in that third terrible live action movie... that counts right? 🤔
The avatar stuff was just skins for other characters, so it's kind of a workaround.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017

hmmmm...
That is true, these battlepasses however are for skins on existing gods ( Osiris, Loki, Sun Wukong and Mercury).
There'll be emotes and voicelines that will be TMNT related but otherwise they'll play the same as the mentioned gods.
Also, I'm fuckin in - Smite has been consistently my most played game for 4 years and these creative collabs do nothing to slow me down.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Shin Megami Teenage Demons

Shin Megami Teenage Demons

Demons on a Half-Moon

Bufu Power

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god lol. I was gonna say that Kuzenbo makes all the sense in the world but then remembered that they already have a faux TMNT skin.

Definitely need Raphael Loki in my life. In for this Battle Pass.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

hmmmm...
There's enough magic shit in the various series I wouldn't be surprised if they'd fought deities at some point.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
K i wanna do this battlepass. Pretty cool crossover. (Can i get a classic April skin as well?)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the turtles skins just 4 different Kappa skins? lol

Smite's been pretty good with these, I remember hopping on when they did the RWBY one.

Those radical recolors are fucking awesome.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
There's Shredder and Splinter as well but it's not clear who they will be on ( maybe Da Ji and Rama)

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, theres enought for 2 battlepasses - not having a Krang Xing Tian skin or an April Hera summoning the Bus is a shame

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone at nick fucking loves SMITE lol.

I hope this stuff is successful and eventually encourages Nick to use their IP (more avatar games pls)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a Series X just to mainline Smite for these skins lol.

I'm wondering if there'll be any Series X/S enhancements for Smite/Paladins etc. They did a really decent update when the One X came out. Although I guess it already runs at 4k/60 so maybe not a great deal left to do. I don't know if PC has many graphical settings far beyond what we get on One X?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

hmmmm...

King Arthur and Merlin are in there so who fucking knows

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Someone at nick fucking loves SMITE lol.

I hope this stuff is successful and eventually encourages Nick to use their IP (more avatar games pls)

The main thing is seeing if Nick/Viacom will ever get so encouraged to give their IPs the games they truly deserve, and not just more rushed fodder like they did with the Activision deal.

Injustice 2's depictions of the TMNT are, without a doubt, the best treatment the four have gotten in a game in AGES, and they were in a game that sold millions. But have Nick since capitalized on that? Nope.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

hmmmm...

They're skins for existing gods, not new gods unto themselves.

They have a lot of wacky skins that don't look like gods.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hmmmm...
They're not new characters. They're skins.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The main thing is seeing if Nick/Viacom will ever get so encouraged to give their IPs the games they truly deserve, and not just more rushed fodder like they did with the Activision deal.

Injustice 2's depictions of the TMNT are, without a doubt, the best treatment the four have gotten in a game in AGES, and they were in a game that sold millions. But have Nick since capitalized on that? Nope.

It's kind of like a small scale version of what Disney is doing. Disney pulled out of game dev entirely and decided to just license out their IP to other devs to make the games. In this case, Viacom might not be willing to go all in on full games but are willing to test the waters with licensing deals for games that are already popular. Hopefully they eventually decide scaling up to whole games would be a profitable decision.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
It's kind of like a small scale version of what Disney is doing. Disney pulled out of game dev entirely and decided to just license out their IP to other devs to make the games. In this case, Viacom might not be willing to go all in on full games but are willing to test the waters with licensing deals for games that are already popular. Hopefully they eventually decide scaling up to whole games would be a profitable decision.

If it was I in that chair at Nick's offices? I would just say, leverage the partnerships and collaborations you got right now, even if you don't want to fully go at it "alone".

For example, the last few years have seen the TMNT and Batman palling around with each other in comic crossovers, an animated feature, and then having them stand shoulder to shoulder with some of DC's biggest names in Injustice. In another time, another place, maybe we would have gotten Rocksteady or WB Montreal making a Batman+TMNT-styled Arkham game, instead of what we're getting currently. Or imagine the kind of buzz the game Gotham Knights turned out to be if it was a 4 player Bat-fam + TMNT fam game that truly modernized that classic co-op brawler formula?

Missed opportunities~!

Hell, while we're talking about missed opportunities, TMNT is the kind of brand that should've had a Musou game to its credit, ages ago.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
I usually don't care about these types of crossovers, but if it is what it takes to get more people to notice Smite, then I'm all in. It's a great MOBA and the devs have been doing a consistently awesome job of keeping making it better in recent years.

If anyone is interested in the game because of the mythology theme like me...

Next year they'll be adding the Mesopotamian pantheon, which is basically the last pantheon that was highly requested by the community, with Tiamat as its first god, and many are expecting that other well known names like Gilgamesh and Ishtar might soon follow

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I was super hyped until I saw the gods getting skins.

I hate all of those gods lmao. SWK probably being the one I hate the least. I get they had to go with melee characters, but RIP me. Though to be fair, I haven't tried rework Loki yet.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I read that as SMT X TMNT and got really confused

Now I'm disappointed that crossover isn't happening