• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

1. Cross Platform
  2. 60 FPS Gameplay
  3. Early Access January 24th (Get the Founder Pack!)
  4. Gods: King Arthur, Merlin, Jormungandr, Horus and Set along with future gods being announced for SMITE's 6th Season.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I take it Smite isn't very popular here. I was thinking about getting into the PC version.

There's a new trailer. Not sure if it's actually Switch footage though.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm really into Arena of Valor these days, I hope this is as addictive. Though AoV is definitely a lighter, lower stakes LoL so dunno.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I already had a thread up about this, but yeah it will also support crossplay with PC and Xbox1. Sony going to Sony and not allow crossplay.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I take it Smite isn't very popular here. I was thinking about getting into the PC version.

SMITE is not very popular here, no, but I'm super excited to play on Switch. I have all of the gods unlocked on PC so I'm really hoping for an account link.

Nov 1, 2017
Will this be cross-purchase too?
I have the All Gods pack on XB1 and probably won't bother if that doesn't carry over as I'm not super into the game to begin with

60fps on Switch is awesome and honestly surprising

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I've put... a considerable amount of time into SMITE on Xbox and it is the only MOBA I care to play. Not sure if I should get another version of it or not though.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in! Those guys at HiRez have been delivering like hell with Paladins on Switch, crossplatform and crossprogression stuff!

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Fuck yeah, after mastering 70 gods and getting Fenrir to mastery 10 I took a big break, been thinking of going back into it. If I could send either my progress, but more importantly my skins to the Switch version from PS4 it'd be fucking dope.

Want my Chibi Fenrir. Gonna boot the game up tonight and play a game on Ps4, love the game to death.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Officially announced? It's been available for pre-purchase on the Switch eShop since November. Is it just an announcement trailer that dropped?
Edit: dates are a thing

Last edited:

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017

I love this video. It's like a montage of everything not to do in Smite. Every build is bad and Hera uses beads for like no reason. It's great, lol. My favorite is the Cerberus build having Genji's Guard and Heartward against a full physical team. He also Rod of Asclepius for some reason?!

In any case. I'm so excited for this game. I'm buying the Founder's Pack despite already owning the god pack on PC and waiting for cross-progression.

Do we have plans for an OT?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge Smite player (in that I play it a lot, not that I'm huge) and I'm fully in for Switch Smite if cross progression is a thing. I've got hundreds of hours on the Xbox version with an embarrassing amount of money spent on it. Would love to keep my progression and my purchases across platforms.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Cross progression is supposed to be coming in 6.1, which I think is sometime next month. They've been hyping up 6.1 patch notes so it's coming soon. That said, cross-progression on Paladins got delayed so I wouldn't be surprised if Smite did too, knowing Hirez.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
Haven't really played any MOBA, the closest to this I've played is probably Overwatch.

This thread inspired me to preorder and get the founders pack, though! Will be fun to try it out and see if it "clicks".

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really played any MOBA, the closest to this I've played is probably Overwatch.

This thread inspired me to preorder and get the founders pack, though! Will be fun to try it out and see if it "clicks".

The great thing about Smite is they have a number of other modes that are not MOBA.. like Arena where its just 5 vs 5 in a wide open area and it can really go far to learning a character. Smite is great...

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The great thing about Smite is they have a number of other modes that are not MOBA.. like Arena where its just 5 vs 5 in a wide open area and it can really go far to learning a character. Smite is great...
I like watching the SPL... but Conquest is just not for me... that's why I stick to Arena, Assault, and Clash... that's probably why I've continued playing Smite since it was released on PS4.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I like watching the SPL... but Conquest is just not for me... that's why I stick to Arena, Assault, and Clash... that's probably why I've continued playing Smite since it was released on PS4.

Clash replaced Conquest for me. It's still 5v5 with the same end objective, but faster paced and more constant team fights. Arena and Clash are the best.

Dec 15, 2017
I had never been interested in Smite in the past, but after putting in so many hours into Paladins, I'm willing to give anything this studio makes a shot. How do matches feel (pacing and length) compared to more traditional MOBAs?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I had never been interested in Smite in the past, but after putting in so many hours into Paladins, I'm willing to give anything this studio makes a shot. How do matches feel (pacing and length) compared to more traditional MOBAs?

Conquest can take a hour+, but all the other modes can end really fast 15-30 minutes.

Conquest - Your normal 5v5 moba mode. 3 Lanes, towers, jungle ect.

Arena - 5v5 open arena promotes constant team fights while trying to get your minions to the enemy teams base portal to drain tickets.

Clash - 5v5 smaller 2 lane version of conquest. Faster paced and more focused on constant team fights.

Siege - 4v4 smaller 2 lane version of conquest. This one has a gimmick of building up tickets by killing players or jungle minions to fill a meter that will spawn a siege minion to help push lanes.

Assault - 5v5 single lane no jungle you play as a random God and can't teleport back to base to buy items or regenerate health/mana have to die if you want to buy stuff.

Joust - 3v3 single lane version of conquest. There's a boss you can kill to disable the enemies towers.

Then there's
Match of the Day - Will have random game modes like everyone is all the same god or ability cooldowns are reduced and you have unlimited gold to buy items.

Adventures - They've put out a few, but most are co-op dungeon crawlers. They've also had a cart racer and capture the flag mode. They are all themed and a new one comes out every few months.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in once progress can be copied over. I haven't played Smite in a long while but I started playing in closed beta and it was my go-to game for like 2 years. I miss it.

Same. I barely played Conquest after the first year because I was having so much more fun in Assault. Takes the pressure off of having to select the right God for fear of pissing your teammates off lol.

This is literally the only MOBA I've been able to get in to (unless you count Monday Night Combat). A lot of that has to do with the 3rd person view, having direct control of your character, and a bigger emphasis on skill shots though.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear SMITE is still going strong. I played the shit out of that game for years.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So I have the founders pack but a huge bunch of Gods are showing as paid. Is this a known issue? I was of the belief you gain all gods + future ones?

Edit - Scratch that, restart fixed it. If in doubt turn it off and on again.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just completed tutorial

Looks ok. Don't know if native Rez but surely it doesn't have AA

Yet it's 60fps like PS4/Xbox (at first it was 30 there ) so it plays wonderfully

Can't believe I'll play some joust in my bed ....

Suck it won't even cross play with PS4 that's my main (so many skin unlocked ...). On Xbox I have much much less (level 40 on Xbox level 130+ on PS4)

Smite in bed , I repeat.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, going from PC to console is so jarring. I do fine with gods that don't require Y axis aim, but once I do need it it's hard. Not sure what sensitivities to set.

So can I bring over my stuff from PC or is everything totally separate
You can after cross-progression hits with patch 6.1 This is planned for sometime early Feb. Though it might be coming with a later patch on Switch.
Is this the same deal as paladins with no free version at launch just founders edition?
Yeah, exactly like Paladins.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
So how are the graphics on the switch compared to PS4 or xbox? I enjoyed paladins on the switch but it did seem to be a step down from the other consoles.

edit* And do you need Nintendo online to play this?

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, the game is HUGE. I wasnt expecting so many Gods!

Any good tutorial videos?

Also, no OT?
Ill leave this here, just in case: SW-0929-3859-4178

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just went level 3 with 3 win in arena
Port is solid

Is there any way to lessen the sensitivity of the stick during menu and items buy menu ? It's far too big. Movement is ok

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Ok, the game is HUGE. I wasnt expecting so many Gods!

Any good tutorial videos?

Also, no OT?
Ill leave this here, just in case: SW-0929-3859-4178

We had one at the other place and a Clan. Clan is still active, but we could always make a new one for this place once cross play patch hits. Also if you want any recommendation for gods or just questions feel free to ask.

Edit: I can put up an OT give me about a hour or 2 to get it decent.

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017