• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me how Megadeth went from counter culture to far right birther and Xenophobia shit.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Just to back up the Pearl Jam guys, they continue to be great human beings, always have been and always will be.

He won the lottery when he was born
Took his mothers white breast to his tongue
Trained like dogs color and smell
Walks by me to get to him
Police man
Police man
He won the lottery by being born
Big hand slapped a white male American
Do no wrong so clean cut
Dirty his hands it comes right off
Police man
Police man
Police stopped my brother, again
Police man

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It always fucking sucks when counter culture folks grow older and turn into shit. Especially when they potentially contributed to your sane way of thinking. Billy Corgan is another one. I can't listen to the Pumpkins anymore because of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Has there ever been a punk musician or a musician in a genre that was an offshoot of punk that had good political opinions after turning 50?
I'm not sure this as good of a take as you think. Pretty sure the likes of Bad Religion, Nofx, Lagwagon, Good Riddance, etc are pretty solid, same goes for thousands like them

Way to throw good people into half cooked generlisation

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Smells like teen spirit was plagiarized anyway.

Came to say that it's not the first time but I was beaten to it.

Then there's the Killing Joke riff that makes up Come As You Are.

Plenty of other amazing Nirvana songs though, and ones that weren't ripped off/plagiarized - wherever intentionally or not!
Came expecting someone to do this so I could remind them that Killing Joke borrowed it from The Damned in the first place... 80's by Killing Joke gets my vote for best tune of the three though.

Gallows Bat

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Drive-by threadwhining and dismissive rhetoric in a sensitive discussion.
Four pages of outrage over the fact a bass player from a long dead band liked the president's speech. This is the kind of thread that people point to when they say Resetera is a ridiculous leftist bubble.

Seriously, who cares what he thinks? Half the country still supports Trump (somehow), someone liking his speech is hardly newsworthy.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Four pages of outrage over the fact a bass player from a long dead band liked the president's speech. This is the kind of thread that people point to when they say Resetera is a ridiculous leftist bubble.

Seriously, who cares what he thinks? Half the country still supports Trump (somehow), someone liking his speech is hardly newsworthy.

Buddy....

His band, Nirvana, being generally anti-establishment, along with him being in an anti-capitalist super group (The No WTO Combo), CERTAINLY makes his heel turn worthy of discussion.

Are you actually for real?

Dilly

Oct 26, 2017

And then for some reason collectively start shitting on the whole band of which the main songwriter has been dead for more than 25 years.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
The shitting on Novoselic is fair enough for what he said, but shitting on Nirvana / Kurt is not. You've got to be shitting me with that SLTS / Smashing Pumpkins bullshit, there is an incredibly remote vague likeness and that's where it ends, you could probably find thousands of other songs that have the same level of similiarity to SLTS if you tried hard enough.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017

To a generation rock music is now shit and Nirvana are legends.

Novoselic is not (I heard some interviews a few days back in which he came off a bit of a douche), Kurt is a legend and Grohl was good in Nirvana and is a general nice guy but a bit meh in Foo Fighters.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Driving, I passed by regular folks who are already stressed by the Covid situation."

This is such a weird sentence I can't get over it.

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
goddamnit, just when i thought about finally getting more into Nirvana after hearing Come As You Are on the radio by chance and realizing how great of a song it actually is.

what a fucking dumb shit. defending Trump in 2020 in any way is a serious IQ test fail to me. you simply just fail at thinking.
Listening to Come As You Are on Bill Burr's podcast is what got me massively into Nirvana.

Can't imagine this will affect my enjoyment of their music one bit.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
fuck you krist you cunt.

there is NO WAY this will affect my thoughts/feelings towards Nirvana because Kurt was so against racism, sexism, etc. Not sure about Dave Grohl but he seems like an awesome guy.

Oct 27, 2017

What people say that about this forum?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I knew the Linkin Park crew were good guys. They got a lot of shit as people got older but their songs are still relevant

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You could switch every single member of Nirvana except for Cobain and not even their mothers would notice it.

Hmm. I mean Dave Grohl was a pretty influential drummer with them.

You're right about Novoselic though. Nothing special or valuable in the music that couldn't have been done by any other talented bassist.

#1. Cobain would not turn out to be a MAGA C.H.U.D. just because others have
#2. Nirvana's music was mostly Cobain, with Grohl's backup vocals and obvious presence on the drums.

Don't let this fucker stop you from becoming familiar with Nirvana's music, its classic. Nevermind - In Utero - Incesticide, if somebody wants to get into their albums, there's much more to experience than Come as you Are.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Well that's disappointing. It's crazy to even think about considering Nirvana's history.

This actually reminded me that System of a Down's drummer is also a hardcore Trumper.

Like how the fuck does that even happen? And why would Serj even put up with that?

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's disappointing. It's crazy to even think about considering Nirvana's history.

This actually reminded me that System of a Down's drummer is also a hardcore Trumper.

Like how the fuck does that even happen? And why would Serj even put up with that?

That's really disappointing to hear

Oct 25, 2017
John Dolmayan of System of a Down is no better and SHOULD know better.
I thought the dude was smart...

Now I don't care if System ever makes another album again and they're one of my favorite bands ever.

At least Serj still makes sense...

Edit: didn't see he was already mentioned...